Close

Default 86 gt seat paint??

Hey guys, pretty new here so I may have missed a thread on this through my search...If so, my apologies.

I have the light grey/charcoal grey seats with red piping. They are in great condition...but have just a couple areas in the light grey with small stains...so little that I can't see them in my pics lol. Was hoping there may be some sort of SEM type paint to touch them up. Anyone know of anything? Appreciate any help guys, Thanks.

Here's my interior after refinishing most of it, new carpet, new dash pad, new armrest and LMR's SVO/dark grey paint.

I cant see the stains from my house.
    Seriously though, I don't know if SEM makes a color to match that or not. I am guessing you have tried all the shampoo and cleaning idea out there. If they are small spots it will be difficult to do. Would you spray the paint or try to daub it on with a brush?

Quote Originally Posted by dagenham View Post
    I cant see the stains from my house.
    Seriously though, I don't know if SEM makes a color to match that or not. I am guessing you have tried all the shampoo and cleaning idea out there. If they are small spots it will be difficult to do. Would you spray the paint or try to daub it on with a brush?
    Well I was thinking of just kinda spraying and brushing with a soft scrub brush lol. Not sure how it would turn out. The stains are there though I promise. And yea I've cleaned them as much as possible

Have you tried Tuff Stuff in the yellow can? Its a foaming upholstery cleaner that I have used for years, and there is not much I have come across that it doesn't dissolve....including coffee and grease. Easy stuff to find at McParts stores or with the carpet cleaning stuff at most general stores.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Grease usually comes right off with Era or Joy and the back of a butter knife. Then use water in a shampooer to rinse it out.

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    Have you tried Tuff Stuff in the yellow can? Its a foaming upholstery cleaner that I have used for years, and there is not much I have come across that it doesn't dissolve....including coffee and grease. Easy stuff to find at McParts stores or with the carpet cleaning stuff at most general stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Grease usually comes right off with Era or Joy and the back of a butter knife. Then use water in a shampooer to rinse it out.
    I've tried power out from turtle wax and some of that tuff stuff also. To me it's almost like the fabric has turned a little brown'ish grey in those areas. Like it's not even as much of a stain as it is the fabric is changing colors lol I honestly don't know but it's not coming out I don't think....I'd hate to buy a whole upholstery kit though. I'll just live with it unless I can kind of mask it with some sort of fabric paint.

Thanks for the replies though fellas

FEP Super Member

I usually use a pressure washer and super clean .
    Amazing how nice they come out .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right