Close

Default Initiated the DMV process. ...UGH.

Well, the time finally came to get my 20th Anniversary Mustang in my name. As some of you know, by following the build thread (link in my signature), she had been in storage for a long time. With a huge deal made with Mike (at6SVO) for the car and an equally valuable assist from fellow FEP members with part support and knowledge, she is getting a second chance at life. Went to a place that Mike recommended with a folder full of documents.....unfortunately minus one item. It appears that there is a piece missing between a used car lot and one of the people in the list. A lein release is going to be initiated/requested from the car lot.....if still in business.

More to follow. ......STAY TUNED
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Wow brother, I don't envy you at all. NC DMV can be a PITA - can't imagine CA.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

Conn DMV isn't any better.
    Still living through a 2014 computer "down Grade"
    Takes 3 to 4 hrs just for a renewal.
    Some one messed up on my Capri reg 6 years ago.
    I got a we goofed,come see us letter.
    Called local State Police because we have a resident trooper,
    they ran the plate and said I was good to go.
    They still renew it every 2 years.
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

Getting closer to putting my 20th on the road. Received temporary operating permit.
    Last edited by conmech; 07-08-2017 at 10:24 PM.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Car is now in my name and is only waiting on miles to be put on it and a smog.
    conmech - aka Marshall

Ok guys and gals, "The Starlet" is 100% legit and clean.......

Smog went very well. Now I wait for the sticker for my license plate.......
    Last edited by conmech; 04-04-2017 at 09:37 PM.
    conmech - aka Marshall

FEP Supporter

Great Marshall!

By reading some of the other threads of members asking for help to pass the CA smog inspection, I was expecting it to be more difficult. Especially with your exhaust set up.

I bet you're smiling ear to ear driving your "20th" (The Starlet ) around now!

I don't think I could live in CA with all that smog BS and big brother watching over. Beautiful state but so much regulation.....

Congratulations and good luck!

We just ended saftey inspections, set to start January next year. Living in a non emissions county, now I just pay for registration and drive the car.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Great Marshall!

By reading some of the other threads of members asking for help to pass the CA smog inspection, I was expecting it to be more difficult. Especially with your exhaust set up.

I bet you're smiling ear to ear driving your "20th" (The Starlet ) around now!
    Smog wasn't too bad. Just have to make sure ducks are in a row. Tune up, 91 octane, drove around to heat up the 2.3L and had a catalytic converter that was specifically for the 84 2.3L turbo WITH California Air Resource Board E.O.# (aka, blessed by California). Happens to be a Magnaflow hi flo cat....

Car is on jack stands until I get tires for the new set up. Sold the Boyd Coddington star wheels and delivering them this weekend. More to follow
    conmech - aka Marshall

Ok........Update:

Got new tires for the LMR TRX's (soooo sexy with the 16" TRX wheels.....oh, sorry), picked up my tag which brought my registration current with another renewal soon to be heading my way.
    conmech - aka Marshall

Well done Marshall!. The solution to pollution is

"Old Mc Donalds Had some Fun ,.....EO EO IM"

Emssions do dads Operating, Executive Order affixed , Inspection/ Maintenace test = Pass.

Musta messed them up real good over the Air Pump (where is it?) and spending five minutes looking for the non existant Check Engine Light Malfunction Indicator Lamp.

I'll bet the TRX's will light up!

Lol......
    conmech - aka Marshall

I've been in a loop with PA DOT with getting Antique Plates on my Capri ...

1st reject was because I didn't send the title to them, even though their form and information didn't say that they needed it, and the fee's include $51 for title fees the same as a lost tittle, so we assumed they would just search it (we are paying the same fee anyway).

Get that taken care of and it comes back again for a "missing" fee. Talked to them yesterday, and the COUNTY I live in asses a $5 fee, yet again, it was no where in the instructions, on the forms, or in the first rejection package.

All the while they cashed my check before they started processing, so they have my money. If I want that back there is another form to "apply" for a refund.

The only reason I'm going down the path is it will be a long term cost savings. Right now its $41/year registration, plus annual inspection and emissions. The antique plate is permanent for $155, with no requirements for inspection or emissions. in the third year i'll be money ahead this way.
    Bob Myers ©

84 Capri RS Turbo - Only a 4 banger - 1/8th 6.29@110, 1/4 9.87@137

Title arrived today.....

Process complete.
    conmech - aka Marshall

Congrats!!!