Close

Default Barrett Jackson - 85 SVO brings $63.8k

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Event...NG-SVO--202158

I figured it would have sold for half that...

I only guessed a third of that!
    It is looking to be the norm at Barrett Jackson for ultra low mileage fox bodies.

Eh, that's to be taken with a grain of salt as it is Barrett Jackson and everything seems to go for inflated prices there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Snooze04 View Post
    Eh, that's to be taken with a grain of salt as it is Barrett Jackson and everything seems to go for inflated prices there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree completely.

FEP Supporter

I wonder if the original battery came with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

FEP Senior Member

That's part of Dennis Collin's collection. Guessing since the ones he was selling were all in a line and most NEW with no dealer delivery someone thought that this was a good buy too. I just don't see it. I mean, I have had several over time, none with 7 miles, but I just don't see it.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

FEP Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrjkuntmkSc Can't tell on the original battery in the SVO.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!

The only reason to buy a car with 7 miles on it , is to say that you have a car with 7 miles on it. Same thinking goes into toy collecting, in box, with original retail sticker action figure, with the box in mint condition is far more sought after than an out of box, no receipt, slightly played with toy.

In the end we are all just trying to get something we couldn't get when it was available new. It's a way of cheating time, and being able to go back and have something that you never thought you'd have. So I get it, but I'm not loaded haha
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by BTD View Post
    The only reason to buy a car with 7 miles on it , is to say that you have a car with 7 miles on it. Same thinking goes into toy collecting, in box, with original retail sticker action figure, with the box in mint condition is far more sought after than an out of box, no receipt, slightly played with toy.

In the end we are all just trying to get something we couldn't get when it was available new. It's a way of cheating time, and being able to go back and have something that you never thought you'd have. So I get it, but I'm not loaded haha
    I would be willing to buy a car with 7 miles on it for a pretty penny compared to 150,000 mile car, but in no way would it be to keep the miles off it, just think about having a completely unmolested car to start your project with obviously you'd be way deeper budget wise and you probably wouldn't make any money but no rust, grease, oil, or hackjobs done to it.

You make a compelling argument snooze. It's a different type of person, some people want the new box because they want it to look good on a shelf. Others want something in good shape they can make even better, while the third like you and I, just love old toys because they are stupid fun to play with and we don't care how much they cost.

I guess really we are the people that bid on these things, haha
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

All of Dennis's cars went for some crazy money.
    1 of 3 1985 Silver Grand Prix Capr's
    My first New car and still own 1986 Capri

I concluded years ago that B-J is simply for entertainment.

I continue to be amazed that the event gets bigger each year... would love to know what the profit is on just the Scottsdale event alone!
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

I agree for some reason most of the cars at b-j sell for inflated $$..... I'm pretty sure I saw the red svo on eBay a while back for $30k.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    I concluded years ago that B-J is simply for entertainment.

I continue to be amazed that the event gets bigger each year... would love to know what the profit is on just the Scottsdale event alone!
    +1

I don't even watch anymore, just check out the cars that are offered up for sale. Might be fun to attend once for the experience and seeing all of the cars and parts first hand and who knows, maybe there are some bargains during 'non prime time' but still have the 10% commission and transportation costs.

Now if the SVO sold for $15K, I would have gladly paid the 10% and drove it home not even thinking about the hotel/food/gas expenses.

Crazy $'s for that SVO! Great for the seller but that seems WAY OVER inflated! Barrett Jackson is so over priced on some vehicles, but on others not so much. I guess the 7 mi odometer reading says it all!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yea seriously, if someone pulls their 7 mile SVO out of storage tomorrow, do you think they will get anywhere close to the BJ price?? I'm wondering if it wasn't all hype to entice low mileage Fox body car owners to run their cars through BJ? Does Craig Jackson see another potential revenue stream yet untapped?

I would like to see more pics of this car; under carriage, brakes, etc. to determine overall condition. I have a few pics of the under carriage on a "7 mile" SVO, but it has dual exhaust, so it can't be this particular car. Unfortunately, I don't know where they came from. We have seen quite a few low mileage SVO's (and fox bodies) over the years and it really comes down to how the cars were stored.

I always find it interesting to look at the various "bare" metal parts and plating finish between these cars. Another interesting detail to look at is the "cloth" tape used to wrap the wiring harnesses. Originally black, as they age they turn a brownish color. Some of the best are in Daniel Carpenter's collection, some of the worst have been on eBay.

I have pics of a similar low mileage '86 that was undercoated, including the inner fenders in the engine compartment. While a very nice car, the undercoating diminished the value for me.

Maybe someday... until then it is fun to just look at all the nice cars...
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep

I was down at the show. This SVO was what you would expect for a 7 mile car, right down to the original date coded tires. Crazy money, but watching all the fox mustangs start to climb in value. If you have been taking notice and watching, The muscle cars of the 50s and 60s have been absolutely tanking. It is absolutely a buyers market right now for this generation of car. But there will always be the one offs the pull good money. I went for the Saleen SSC, but could not justify the $37000 next bid, then to watch the 96 s351 cross the block the next day for just $21000 is crazy to me with only 9xxx miles on it. Just no interest in these years.

If I had millions and an 85 GT with 7 miles came up I'd pay $60k just to be able to cheat time as someone stated earlier. Have it delivered to a Ford dealer and find a salesman with a mullet to offer me the extended warranty lol.

Owning an SVO, I say great the more they bring at auction the more value that will place in our SVO's. I think they are terribly undervalued compared to other fox bodies especially when rarity is taken into consideration.

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    I would like to see more pics of this car; under carriage, brakes, etc. to determine overall condition. I have a few pics of the under carriage on a "7 mile" SVO, but it has dual exhaust, so it can't be this particular car. Unfortunately, I don't know where they came from.
    HI Matt (hope all is well)

Saw the above SORRY late to the game! Have been using Facebook for car stuff lately (and would post photos if needed)

My guess is you have photos of my old car I bought in 2001 with 7 miles! (86 1E)
    That is the car that Neil and I put 34 miles on one day in 2002, traded to Gary Frankenfurter for the 85.5 4E that he sold to another Mark in MI (that had to sell his comp prep to finance restoration -per wife) BUT I DON'T THINK IS FINISHED ! (I haven't seen it in 11 years)

Mark
    P.S. There have been a number of priviate sales (as recent as this week) that are real. (not the SHOW in AZ)

Quote Originally Posted by 85SVOHERTZ View Post
    Owning an SVO, I say great the more they bring at auction the more value that will place in our SVO's. I think they are terribly undervalued compared to other fox bodies especially when rarity is taken into consideration.
    Welcome to the SVO world. Not just rarity, but if you read the history on the program and what was accomplished by a very small group of men (These are the men, this is the machine) in a relatively short period of time, without much help from Ford, it truly is an amazing car. Don't forget how advanced it was for it's time too. First Mustang to have 4 wheel disc brakes, 16" wheels which was uncommon in 1984, etc etc.

Terribly underappreciated too and the group of men that pulled it off deserve a lot more credit.

I probably would be hard pressed to get out of what I have put into my 84 dollar wise. Good thing I'm in it for fun and not money.

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSVOTrust-MarkHaas View Post

Saw the above SORRY late to the game! Have been using Facebook for car stuff lately (and would post photos if needed)

My guess is you have photos of my old car I bought in 2001 with 7 miles! (86 1E)
    That is the car that Neil and I put 34 miles on one day in 2002, traded to Gary Frankenfurter for the 85.5 4E that he sold to another Mark in MI (that had to sell his comp prep to finance restoration -per wife) BUT I DON'T THINK IS FINISHED ! (I haven't seen it in 11 years)

Mark
    P.S. There have been a number of priviate sales (as recent as this week) that are real. (not the SHOW in AZ)
    Mark - Hey! Long time no hear from you. Pass the box of wine, I'm thirsty!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by TheSVOTrust-MarkHaas View Post

Mark
    Hi Mark!

I would love to see pics of the 7 mile '86 1E. Always looking for reference pics.
    I know you recently sold the Mac Tools pair... what else is going on out there in the SVO community?

I will be receiving my Blue Grill Medallion for my 2R at Pensacola in March, and then I will start showing the 9L.

Matt
    86 SVO 2R Comp Prep
    86 SVO 9L Comp Prep
    86 SVO 7B Comp Prep