Close

Default 1986 GT to add

Saw this one today at the dyno shop. Just purchased from an auction for nothing. Not mine. Don't know the owner and he was not present today. It is about as original as I have seen for a '86 in a long, long time. It runs and does not smoke. No rust anywhere and floors look like a southern car should. I believe it has been in NC its entire life.
    Black, grey interior, rear defrost, AC, tilt, cruise, T tops, intermittent wipers, PW, PL, sport seats. Does not have lower bodyside abrasion coating if that was even available in '86. still has the Marchals. I believe it is original paint except for the passenger's fender, no rust anywhere but very beat down from just use. Stock exhaust, all original paint except that fender, original cassette deck, speakers, wheels, valve covers have never been off, intake still has the rubber plug, salt and pepper shakers have never been off so I don't think the upper intake has even been removed. It has had plug wires put on it and the driver's side T top is from a '87-89.
    Buck tag was on the driver's side upper which I think tells you which plant it was built in. Could not read it and it was not my car. VIN tag is not legible but certainly original. I think it would be a good candidate for restoration due to no accident or rust damage and it is highly optioned and all there.
    EDIT: Now that I look at the pics, I see the windshield has the dots around the edge so it has been replaced as well.

Last edited by homer302; 01-16-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Thanks! Added to DB.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags