I thought we could use thread dedicated to early Foxes in drag racing. I'll post pics as I find them along with the story, if I know it. I make no guarantees as to accuracy, so if I'm wrong about a particular car, don't hesitate to correct me. I'd like this to eventually become a repository of knowledge on Ford's return to racing in the 80's and the Four Eye's place in that history, something like the Thunderbolt thread on The HAMB.

Name:  1986winternationals19.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  113.7 KB
This is an 85 GT running Super Stock at the 86 Winternats. The story I've heard is that the car was damaged in transport and the decision was made to take it racing. The rumor is that this car was later purchased by Gene Deputy and morphed into the Texas Turbo Anteater car. If so, it still exists on the match race circuit down in Texas.
Name:  85-mustang-vert-wheelie.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  139.6 KB
85 GT convertible running Super Stock. I know nothing about this car.
Name:  smith_rickie_1982_2.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  162.9 KB
Rickie Smith's 82 GT Pro Stocker.
Name:  1381522077736.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  50.2 KB
The Bray and Gillam 83 GT Super Stocker. Bray and Gillam were old school racers, best known for campaigning one of the original 50 "135" 68 CJ Mustangs. This 83 was one of the first (if not the first) SS/GT cars built; it was bought new by Loyd Bray and immediately converted for track duty. Still exists, gathering dust in the back of Gillam's shop.
Name:  dynodon_18.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  33.4 KB
Dyno Don Nicholson and his 79 Mustang Pro Stocker.