Close

topher_b3867

Default 86' Capri RS 351w Swap

I'm looking to swap a 351w into my 86' Capri RS and was wondering if the motor mounts are the same as the mounts for the 5.0 that's currently in it? If not, is there a certain K member that you guys like for the 351w swap?
    Last edited by topher_b3867; 02-04-2017 at 11:33 PM.

topher_b3867

I'm not a Ford guy, been GM my entire life. This is my first Ford product, ever. I wanted to throw an LQ9 in it, but I've taken some serious "LIP" just mentioning it. So, I'm going to accept the challenge and broaden my vehicular vocabulary if you will lol.
    Last edited by topher_b3867; 02-05-2017 at 12:06 AM.

Mounts and k member can be reused.

If you want a tubular k member. AJE is the only one I know that doesn't push the front tires forward, but you will have to use thier motor mounts. Will also make an ls swap easier is you go that route in the future.
    82 ford fairmont futura
    quicktime turbosystems 70mm turbo
    10.67@128.38

Keepin your Ford All Ford here, any thing else will be like Whizin' on the Electric Fence Song...

Std party line is no SBC's in Four Eyes due to the need to preserve the cars the between 79 and 86, ranked as the cheapest performance Capri and Mustangs ever made. You've been given a blank canvas for the bitchin' est ride around, small, agile, and with rattle snake responses.

Its not supossed to be vitriol expressed to you personaly, its a simple rule that the Four Eyed Foxes, especially Capris, are increasingly being scalpalled on a "least cost engineering option that meets performance ideals".

That is L-DIC, Lets Drop In a SBC aloy block. Clearly, one of the cheeper engine swaps you can do.

There are other places on the net which will help you do that SBC swap, and they'll be brilliant, offer advice and love, help and assistance.

You Just will not get that here.

IMHO, a small block LS is basically a tall deck 351 block in alloy that has a signicantly lower cost to get any hp level. Mass production of an OHV V8 n alloy allows more cubic inches in the same space, and the cost per hp is less than Ford V8's.

In 1990 to 1995, Ford decided to give the customer a range of modern day SOHC Y block 427 sucessor, the Modular 4.6, 5.0, 5.4 and 5.8 engines in SOH nad DOHC per bank. FEP allows those.

Or anyone of three kinds of ancient 351 cast iron block you'll find in a junk yard.

I'm Kiwi from down under. I actually love the ittle alloy LS engines, and F bodies, and have spent weekends with family members with there Chevies and Holdens with these engines, and totally understand the culture of L-DIC.

But a well put together 351 will whiz all over a potential Chevy alloy block, if done right.

Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by topher_b3867 View Post
    I'm not a Ford guy, been GM my entire life. This is my first Ford product, ever. I wanted to throw an LQ9 in it, but I've taken some serious "LIP" just mentioning it. So, I'm going to accept the challenge and broaden my vehicular vocabulary if you will lol.
    Let me just say congratulations on making the best choice. I think a SEFI Lightning 5.8 would be SWEET.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

the factory k-member will work. as far as pushing the wheels forward. team Z makes a very nice k-member. does not move the wheels and you can use factory or aftermarket motor mounts.

topher_b3867

This forum is contradictory AF. You guys do not condone bumper conversions, yet there are threads dedicated to doing just that. You guys don't condone engine swaps unless it's specific ford engines, yet there are threads dedicated to LS swaps. You guys say that you don't restrict builds to stock, but in the opposite hand you also say that you only condone near stock. The thing is, no matter what you guys have to say, it's not your vehicle and have no say in what gets done to it. You should promote creativity if you were the true fox enthusiasts that you guys claim to be. Also, there were so many of these things produced that they are not going to dissapear any time soon and the ones that only had a couple thousand produced aren't highly sought after. As you stated, they are a blank slate for the bitchin'ess ride around. They don't get that way by being stock. A group that calls them car enthusiasts but doesn't support individual creativity and wants to restrict what their followers do is nothing near a car enthusiast. They are close to an auto nazi. Just to let you know, my RS has already had the front end swapped to the 87 stang and the back end will follow, it already has the hatch. Like I said earlier, this is my vehicle and I will build it the way I want it, irregardless of what this group has to say or thinks about it. That's part of the reason I don't like ford people, because they think that there is only 1 way to do things and most lack creativity. I will delete my account if you guys do t do it for me, I don't want to be a part of a group where imagination is limited and I am told what to do.

If taking lip for it why still here? You are a "new" member. I have no problems with any mods if tastefully done EXCEPT SBC in a fomoco. there are enough of them in street rods rat rods and any other thing you want to mention. i know before I joined here i lurked for a while to make sure I even wanted to join.

Blog Entries

There are no threads dedicated to aero conversions or LS swaps on this site that have not been locked. And you are free to do whatever you want to your car. You are just not free to post it here. If the only way you can figure how to build a car is to drop an LS in it, THAT shows a complete lack of creativity. Don't waste your time with the weird online rant, just go away.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Quote Originally Posted by topher_b3867 View Post
    This forum is contradictory AF. You guys do not condone bumper conversions, yet there are threads dedicated to doing just that. You guys don't condone engine swaps unless it's specific ford engines, yet there are threads dedicated to LS swaps. You guys say that you don't restrict builds to stock, but in the opposite hand you also say that you only condone near stock. The thing is, no matter what you guys have to say, it's not your vehicle and have no say in what gets done to it. You should promote creativity if you were the true fox enthusiasts that you guys claim to be. Also, there were so many of these things produced that they are not going to dissapear any time soon and the ones that only had a couple thousand produced aren't highly sought after. As you stated, they are a blank slate for the bitchin'ess ride around. They don't get that way by being stock. A group that calls them car enthusiasts but doesn't support individual creativity and wants to restrict what their followers do is nothing near a car enthusiast. They are close to an auto nazi. Just to let you know, my RS has already had the front end swapped to the 87 stang and the back end will follow, it already has the hatch. Like I said earlier, this is my vehicle and I will build it the way I want it, irregardless of what this group has to say or thinks about it. That's part of the reason I don't like ford people, because they think that there is only 1 way to do things and most lack creativity. I will delete my account if you guys do t do it for me, I don't want to be a part of a group where imagination is limited and I am told what to do.
    Well, First Welcome to FEP!

I am glad you have taken at least 5 days to come to a complete assessment of FEP and are here to school us on all of our bad behavior. First and foremost I am sure you thoroughly and completely read the Tenants of FEP when you signed up. If not, I highly recommend you do so as that will help you immensely. http://www.foureyedpride.com/content.php?145-about-us

So now, let's dissect your comments one by one.

Bumper swaps are perfectly accepted here as long as they follow the tenants linked to above. Swapping a Four Eye to an Aero is not allowed, nor is swapping a Capri to a Mustang or vice versa, Other than that, its all good. If you have desires to do one of the prohibited swaps, then go ahead, just don't expect it to be allowed to be posted on FEP. There are plenty of other sites that will be happy to have your swap.

There are no threads on FEP that allow an LS swap into a Four eyed Fox. Some have attempted to start threads such as this, but once again that is against the tenants linked to above.

There is no Stock Nazi here forcing anyone to keep their ride stock, original, etc. Some members on this site prefer the stock, original cars, some here like to restore their cars to stock/original, and there are plenty of members here that have anything but stock or original cars Myself included. Other than following the basic tenants linked to above (are you feeling a pattern yet) NO ONE tells ANYONE what they can or can not do to their personal cars. If what you do to your vehicle does not meet the tenants (there's that word again!) then it will not be allowed to be posted on FEP. No One will come to your house and stop you or prevent you from doing said work/modifications, YOU JUST WONT BE ABLE TO POST IT ON FEP!

Creativity is valued here and is celebrated. There are all kinds of different builds on different vehicles going on right now. There are also tons of cars on here that are creative, unique, different, and all cool! Some stock, some original, some custom!

Just because there were thousands of these cars produced, doesn't mean that they aren't sought after. Will they ever bring the money of the classic 60's muscle cars . . . Doubtful. As for Bitchin' rides that is each person's opinion, some like all original stock cars, some like drag cars, some like road racers, some like cruisers. Enjoy what you like and allow others to enjoy theirs. If what you like is not featured here on FEP, then so be it. I am sure there is a forum out there that has what you like. Personally I enjoy the diversity of FEP and that is why I am here!

As stated above we do support creativity as long as you don't lose the identity of the car that you started with. We are proud of the Four Eyed Foxes and want them to stay FOUR EYED FOXES! I have owned Aero Mustangs and they are fine, I have owned SN95 Mustangs and they are fine, but ultimately I LOVE the Four Eyes and appreciate the fact that although many didn't really notice the Foxes until the Aero cars, that all of it was made possible by our Beloved Four Eyes.

You have every right to swap the bumper covers on your car to whatever you want to do, but once again we don't condone the Four Eye to Aero conversion and therefore maybe this isn't the place for you. The Corral, Stangnet and others will most likely fit your desires much better.

Also Thank You for the request to delete your account and since we like to keep our members (or ex members) happy I will take care of that for you!

Since you are no longer a member here, this thread is now LOCKED!
    Last edited by wraithracing; 02-05-2017 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Spelling
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller