Close

Default PIMPxs vs twEECer vs quarterhorse etc

Hey folks I am looking to do some change to my Vert in the future, one of them being some sort of PCM upgrade to make changes to my drivetrain easier to compensate for. Currently I am running an A9S pcm w quarterhorse and a custom tune on my 7 psi blown 306 with T5 and 4.11s and a lot of bolt ons. I am planning to slowly start modding the motor more and am looking to be able to make changes to the tune accordingly. I want something that I can run electric fans, use wide bands with, view data live and adjust according to boost. I have always liked both the twEECer software and the PIMPxs controllers. They are both great products for the money ( twEECer is $450 and PIMPxs is $950) I am landing towards the PIMP. Anyone use these or any other set ups that use the factory harness and sensors? Thoughts and input? Thanks for your time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

My research indicates Binary Editor is a bit easier to work with. The author Clint also has a supercharged four eyed fox. His software will work well with your Moats.

Im on an A9L with 65 MM throttle body, 70MM MAF, and typhoon myself. No real need to install my moats -- yet.

I'm going to try 47lb EV6 injectors with an E85 tune after I get my engine replacement/upgrade done. Comp cam and Edelbrock heads are going on. Then maybe I'll look at some boost also.

Lets to stay in touch. I'll try to get caught up to you then we can compare notes, etc.
    Last edited by erratic50; 01-26-2017 at 11:48 PM.

I found that the Tuner Studio software I use with my megasquirt II is much easier for me use that the Binary Editor and Quarterhorse combo I had previously. I also used a Tweecer, again not as user friendly as the MS and TunerStudio. I just bring this up because I believe that the PIMP system is based off of a Megasquirt. Tuning should be similar. Last time I looked the assembled plug and play MS systems were around $600.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302