Close

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DadBox View Post
    What heads, compression ratio? Do you have a build thread?
    No build thread. Block is dart 302 shp/363, heads are brodix circle track 1 20 degree,2.055/1.60, Edelbrock 7521 dual plane intake. Intake port match to heads and heads are ported.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Compression is 9.8

Well, I got some 5/8-11 1in bolts from Fastenal...off comes my hacked up thermactor...
    Name:  IMG_5303.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  121.8 KB
    The holes are super gacked with carbon, though. Can't even catch a thread.
    Name:  IMG_5302.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  48.8 KB
    Ive soaked it with cleaner and we'll get after it with a brush after some more coffee.

Update: Phew. Got a thread tap, cut it roughly in half, and got it cleaned out enough to get the bolts started. There's just not a lot of room to work back there!
    Mission accomplished for now.
    Last edited by HurricaneJesus; 11-24-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Took the Pace Car for the final ride of the season..... :-(
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

FEP Senior Member

This weekend I finished up the battery positioning in the trunk, then mounted the EFI fuel tank under the car. What a PITA, but it fits. Next will be finishing up the front end before moving on to the engine bay wiring.

Attachment 117021

Attachment 117022
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

FEP Senior Member

I started working on the front end fit two nights ago. It still doesn't fit well at the door and cowl area, but the bumper is workable within reason.

Attachment 117056

Attachment 117057

Attachment 117058
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

Drove her to work today. On the way home noticed a pretty strong gas smell then a puddle where the car sat idling for a second while I got the garage open. Fuel pump is soaked with gas but on the top, not where the lines are on the bottom. Guessing the pump is toast. Of course no parts stores nearby have a mechanical pump...ah, the romance of driving an old car.

Could this explain the surging issues I've been having off-and-on?
    Last edited by HurricaneJesus; 12-01-2017 at 11:26 PM.

Default Mellow mood? Stay safe. Treat unknown 'car' people public contacts as strangers

Took it out Thursday for a 50 mile evening ride. Ran fine.

Furthest planned way point was Romulus MI.
    Can view train, planes, and cars at one time. Maybe a boat too.
    Seen the annual Canadian Pacific US Holiday Train roll by at 10:40pm.
    En route from Windsor Ca. to Chicago and beyond.

Pretty cool. Never seen 1000' of Christmas lights moving on wheels, much less on a train.
    Unexpectedly seen lots of people, kids, pets, track side and at house parties nearby.
    Seen grandstands, tents, fire pits, portable propane heaters, in place for the 5 minute event.
    Found a great parking spot allowing exit out of area pronto, avoiding slow to depart event traffic.
    When not walking around, car provided heated comfort and music during the 2 hour wait.

En route home, stopped for slice of party store pizza. Been there many times, across from Ford assy plant.
    Sitting in car, a bystander approached. Looked as if he had car questions. Locked door, rolled down window.
    "Ah a 2.3 Turbo...Hey, could you give me a ride for gas? Ran out right here in parking lot."
    I said "nope, sorry". He said "For real?" Yeeep. Rolling up window, I left. (Pick up a stranger? He can call AAA).
    Reminded me to stay on guard, leave parking lots immediately, especially when in a holiday mellow mood.
    Last edited by gr79; 12-02-2017 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneJesus View Post
    Drove her to work today. On the way home noticed a pretty strong gas smell then a puddle where the car sat idling for a second while I got the garage open. Fuel pump is soaked with gas but on the top, not where the lines are on the bottom. Guessing the pump is toast. Of course no parts stores nearby have a mechanical pump...ah, the romance of driving an old car.

Could this explain the surging issues I've been having off-and-on?

Got the fuel fuel lines off and plugged. Those two bolts holding the pump on look like they're gonna be a bugger to get at. Gonna hopefully bang it out when I get back from some errands. Not sure if I've kept the gas spillage to a minimum or if I've just gone nose-blind...

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneJesus View Post
    Got the fuel fuel lines off and plugged. Those two bolts holding the pump on look like they're gonna be a bugger to get at. Gonna hopefully bang it out when I get back from some errands. Not sure if I've kept the gas spillage to a minimum or if I've just gone nose-blind...
    Getting it off? No problem. Putting the new one on is likely the most I've cussed at this car so far.

I installed a new seat in my mustang.

Name:  IMG_20171202_182127.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  97.8 KB

I reused the sliders from my old seats and built a frame between the sliders and with tabs to bolt the seat down to.

Edit:
    I will definitely need a quick release to speed up egress

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post

... 4 cars in the class (74-86) ...

Attachment 115741

... was the 4th car a Mustang II as well and yours the only fox? They should introduce a 4-eyed-fox class - you'll be always the winner! ... but that's boring as well, isn't it? ;-)
    '79 Ghia 5.0 notch, '94 C4 6-sp vert (sold), '95 Cobra coupe w/Vortech SC (sold), '88 GT 5-sp vert (sold), '86 GT 5-sp vert (sold)

nickname: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCFM5rUfuI

Drove it couple hours multi stop shopping trip.
    Been cold out. Not driven in days.
    Good start, ran fine.

Summer blend washer fluid was frozen.
    Thawed out after 20 min of driving.
    Washer squirt hose is extended from tank to wrap around heater inlet hose.
    Does the job.

Fiddled with the timing again. Filled the tank and added Sta-Bil. Won't drive him till March.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Name:  WP_20171210_006.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  31.3 KB

Replaced the Hydraulic Cylinder in the 86 Vert. Had replaced the other side a couple of weeks back, because the cylinder was leaking, and then found the remaining Cylinder, while not leaking, must of had blown seals as only the new cylinder was getting any lift to the top. Now with two new Cylinders, up and down is great again.

Default C4 automatic transmission pan

When recently changing the transmission fluid of the C4 transmission the pan started to leak even with the new rubber gasket.
    So we decided to replace the pan with this neat aluminum pan from Performance Automatic Racing, finned for extra cooling and a deeper pan size for increased oil capacity.

The bottom of the pan is still plane to the lowermost part of the exhaust so no ground clearance issue. And it features a cork gasket and a drain plug to avoid that mess when changing or flushing the transmission oil.

Note:
    If you're interested in purchasing this pan from cjponypart make sure you tell them in advance NOT to forget the allen head screw for the drain plug as they did with our order (and same with other customers).

Name:  IMAG2040.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  66.1 KB

Name:  IMAG2043.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  99.1 KB
    '79 Ghia 5.0 notch, '94 C4 6-sp vert (sold), '95 Cobra coupe w/Vortech SC (sold), '88 GT 5-sp vert (sold), '86 GT 5-sp vert (sold)

nickname: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCFM5rUfuI

Received my new air cleaner housing

First snow fall of the year, my front u joint broke. It had a bit of a vibration but no noise. Broke right in front of the court house and city hall, luckily its a small town.

Pulled the driveshaft out of my other car and swapped it in. Didnt lose the yoke, driveshaft broke the exhaust before the muffler on a bend and on the axle hump.

Cut off the tail pipe and muffler, hopefully I dont get bothered for a couple days till I can get a new exhaust. Just stock y-pipe, but man its loud.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

Quote Originally Posted by Haystack View Post
    First snow fall of the year, my front u joint broke. It had a bit of a vibration but no noise. Broke right in front of the court house and city hall, luckily its a small town.

Pulled the driveshaft out of my other car and swapped it in. Didnt lose the yoke, driveshaft broke the exhaust before the muffler on a bend and on the axle hump.

Cut off the tail pipe and muffler, hopefully I dont get bothered for a couple days till I can get a new exhaust. Just stock y-pipe, but man its loud.
    I've heard loud pipes save lives. You're golden!

I started chipping away at the pace car again. I keep setting it on the backburner because everything always turns into a complete pain it the butt. Tonight, a buddy came over. In between him and my wife bickering at each other, we managed to get the 6al box mounted, the carb mounted, the throttle bracket and cable set up, and the fuel regulator mounted. As usual, what started out as "just drill a couple holes and pop some screws in" ended up being so much more complicated. The lack of real estate in the engine bay and the tight quarters make it hard to do much with a drill.

Attachment 117656

I have some fuel lines and fittings on order. I'm hoping they'll show up tomorrow and I can work on getting the lines and tank finished. Wire up the pump, ignition, fan controller, and a few other odds and ends and I can get it fired up. The goal is to get it moving enough so a buddy can take it to his place and start prepping for paint.

Installed my Christmas present. Hood Struts - nice and easy.Name:  Hood Strut.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  112.8 KB

FEP Power Member

How much adjusting to the hood was involved with the MRT struts? My Capri took a lot of adjusting to get it to sit correctly.
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

Started the heart transplant. Not fun when 25 degrees outside, luckily friends garage is slightly heated.

Took a break from the Indy to put injectors in the corvette.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    '79 Indy pace car T-top
    '81 Cobra
    '81 Cobra T-top
    '82 Mustang GT T-top
    '87 Corvette
    '10 Mustang GT Convertible
    '17 F250
    '17 Landrover Discovery Sport

Got the old engine out last night. Friend of my did most of the work.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast