Close

Default How to find a car i use to have

Does anyone know how to find the current owners name by looking up a cars vin?
    1983 Mustang gt-t-tops,5.0,4spd,all original
    1983 Mustang GT -sunroof 5.0 5sp, work in progress.
    2003 Cobra - 2.8 pulley, headers, o/r xpipe,flowmaster cat back, bf irs brace, h&r race springs, mmcc. SOLD
    2002 Mustang GT - Lt headers,o/r hpipe,slp2 catback,4.10 gears,cai, pro 5.0 shifter,sct2 tune. SOLD
    2001 Focus zx3 - Daily Driver
    1988 Bronco XLT - 5.0 -Sold
    1983 Mustang GT - (my first car) sunroof, 306,srod 4sp, 3.55 gears, Lt headers, o/r hpipe, flowmaster catback. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by steven18222 View Post
    Does anyone know how to find the current owners name by looking up a cars vin?
    I am not sure if you can do it that simply. I believe you will have to verify where the car is, which you can most likely do with a Carfax report as that will show you the last time and location it was registered. Then most likely you would have to have a police officer or title clerk pull up the current owner information via the VIN. Unless they are buddies, the odds are they can't give you that information due to privacy laws.

There are title companies that might be able to help, but again they will charge for the services. Hopefully a member has better or more accurate information to help you out. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    I am not sure if you can do it that simply. I believe you will have to verify where the car is, which you can most likely do with a Carfax report as that will show you the last time and location it was registered. Then most likely you would have to have a police officer or title clerk pull up the current owner information via the VIN. Unless they are buddies, the odds are they can't give you that information due to privacy laws.

There are title companies that might be able to help, but again they will charge for the services. Hopefully a member has better or more accurate information to help you out. Good Luck!
    You have covered how it works here .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Quote Originally Posted by ashley roachclip View Post
    You have covered how it works here .
    Yup -- that's pretty much it.

If you check out the date on my thread, you'll see that I've been actively looking for over five years.

That said, you might read through my thread as there are some good tips in it.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...iginal-Mustang
    13 Dodge Dart
    09 Shadow Sabre
    08 Caliber
    05 Aztek
    02 Avalanche
    02 Thunderbird
    01 Cadillac ETC
    98 Explorer
    96 Suzuki X-90
    89 Fleetwood
    89 Continental
    88 Town Car
    86 Silverado
    84 Fiero
    83 Town Car
    82 LN7
    82 EXP
    80 Mustang
    65 Continental
    62 Galaxie 500
    54 Packard

Stock never goes out of style.

thanks alot guys
    1983 Mustang gt-t-tops,5.0,4spd,all original
    1983 Mustang GT -sunroof 5.0 5sp, work in progress.
    2003 Cobra - 2.8 pulley, headers, o/r xpipe,flowmaster cat back, bf irs brace, h&r race springs, mmcc. SOLD
    2002 Mustang GT - Lt headers,o/r hpipe,slp2 catback,4.10 gears,cai, pro 5.0 shifter,sct2 tune. SOLD
    2001 Focus zx3 - Daily Driver
    1988 Bronco XLT - 5.0 -Sold
    1983 Mustang GT - (my first car) sunroof, 306,srod 4sp, 3.55 gears, Lt headers, o/r hpipe, flowmaster catback. SOLD