Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FEP Supporter

Marked sold @ $15k on Mecum Infonet.
    '85 GT

Not me!....someone paid too much!
    It was not THAT nice! Plus they had to pay a 10% bidder fee.
    So they paid $16,500...way too much!

Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    Marked sold @ $15k on Mecum Infonet.

that was my guess, just looked it up. 15 sounds right. most people don't know or need perfection. sure looks great for what you can see in the pics.

low miles always draws a premium.

Believe me when I say...that was NOT a $15K car, even with it's 10,000 original miles.
    I gave it a good look in person, I was even questioning the miles after I saw it...

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    that was my guess, just looked it up. 15 sounds right. most people don't know or need perfection. sure looks great for what you can see in the pics.

low miles always draws a premium.

How can it be proven that it's 11000 original miles ? And not 111000 miles after the odo turned over ? Because If that's the measurement, mine has 11000 Km's on the odo, which is like 5000 miles.
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

IMHO
    Original wiper blades, tires, possibly fluids, sticker/decals, evident lack of wear on ..pedals,seats, plastic. Overall drive quality, trans shifting., etc. Ask me how I know, cause I got a low mileage car, believe me a keen eye can easily tell.
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

Having ultra-low mile cars myself I agree...however, if you looked at the underside of this car you would be shocked.
    Grunge, gunk, piles of grease, oil leaks, undercoating, etc, etc. Looks like a daily driver for the last 150,000 miles.
    Makes me wonder???

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTRAG View Post
    IMHO
    Original wiper blades, tires, possibly fluids, sticker/decals, evident lack of wear on ..pedals,seats, plastic. Overall drive quality, trans shifting., etc. Ask me how I know, cause I got a low mileage car, believe me a keen eye can easily tell.

Not sure how it is where everyone else lives, but where I live everytime you transfer the title of a car you have to report the ODO, it's what most valuation is done on.

For all the stuff you said GTrag I agree they can be indications, but that doesn't stop anyone from detailing their car and getting a nice steam job done on the engine and underside. It's almost like they didn't expect any of these older cars to make it past 100,000 KM's or Miles so they didn't bother putting in a way for the odo to show you if it's rolled over. Of course the value of any car is what someone will pay for it, I just found this one interesting as an 83 T-Top GT is pretty plain jane when it comes to collectability. I guess the guy just really wanted a mustang.

Hell If that guy gets 15K for that it bodes well for GTRAG and myself If we ever decide to sell our Verts from the same year and trim level.
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

That car will be worth $16,500 within the next few years. In the meantime, he can get that underside looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by biz jet tech View Post
    Having ultra-low mile cars myself I agree...however, if you looked at the underside of this car you would be shocked.
    Grunge, gunk, piles of grease, oil leaks, undercoating, etc, etc. Looks like a daily driver for the last 150,000 miles.
    Makes me wonder???

Yea, something doesn't sound right......

I know this is a 1700 mile car compared to 10,000 mile car, but check out how clean it is.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/199...g-svt-cobra-r/

Looking at the bottom of this car, how many miles do you think it has and how does it compare to the '83?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

its pretty easy to validate a low mile car even without documentation. i have seen numerous cars with questionable low miles, its usually pretty obvious. you really cannot duplicate low mile cars. restored is restored, low mile original is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    its pretty easy to validate a low mile car even without documentation. i have seen numerous cars with questionable low miles, its usually pretty obvious. you really cannot duplicate low mile cars. restored is restored, low mile original is different.
    Agreed. Where it gets tricky is actual low mileage cars that are used hard, abused and/or improperly stored. That can make a low mileage car look like a 100K mile car.

Quote Originally Posted by rodster View Post
    Agreed. Where it gets tricky is actual low mileage cars that are used hard, abused and/or improperly stored. That can make a low mileage car look like a 100K mile car.
    That's for sure !!

I am at the auction and did see the car in person. Where and how a vehicle spends it's life can have a major impact on areas that are not normally looked at. The car spent some time in Pennsylvania as it had a PA annual windshield inspection sticker on it, combined with what would be considered normal storage for a daily driver (even if it was for only a short period of time) probably explains the status of the undercarriage. The condition of the interior would lead me to believe the 10K mile claim as there was no evident wear on the steering wheel, shifter handle or boot, pedals etc.
    Dave

1FABP28M4FF114537 bought 12/84 sold 1992
    1MEBP79M8FF613099 bought 9/13 sold 10/19
    1FABP28M4FF166315 bought 3/12 sold 5/21

1FABP28T7FF239068 bought 10/14
    1FABP28T9GF181465 bought 10/14

Quote Originally Posted by 70b302cat View Post
    I am at the auction and did see the car in person. Where and how a vehicle spends it's life can have a major impact on areas that are not normally looked at. The car spent some time in Pennsylvania as it had a PA annual windshield inspection sticker on it, combined with what would be considered normal storage for a daily driver (even if it was for only a short period of time) probably explains the status of the undercarriage. The condition of the interior would lead me to believe the 10K mile claim as there was no evident wear on the steering wheel, shifter handle or boot, pedals etc.

Now that's what I am talking about. Also one drive and you can tell.
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

Glad to see these cars come up in price.
    1983 Mustang gt-t-tops,5.0,4spd,all original
    1983 Mustang GT -sunroof 5.0 5sp, work in progress.
    2003 Cobra - 2.8 pulley, headers, o/r xpipe,flowmaster cat back, bf irs brace, h&r race springs, mmcc. SOLD
    2002 Mustang GT - Lt headers,o/r hpipe,slp2 catback,4.10 gears,cai, pro 5.0 shifter,sct2 tune. SOLD
    2001 Focus zx3 - Daily Driver
    1988 Bronco XLT - 5.0 -Sold
    1983 Mustang GT - (my first car) sunroof, 306,srod 4sp, 3.55 gears, Lt headers, o/r hpipe, flowmaster catback. SOLD

FEP Senior Member

That was an original 10k mile car. It had the original date coded TRX tires on it. The dates were verified. They were the M&S TRX version.

HA!
    I guess it goes from auction to auction....good catch!
    Wonder how much they expect to make this time?
    Notice there are no pics of the underside...lol

Finally some good pictures. Looks to be very clean on on the top, under the hood and inside. Very nice car.

sold $20K
    Mike
    Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

1995 Ford Powerstroke F350 "Centurion" STRETCHED Crew Cab Dually

I like "Cut & Coach Built" vehicles!

www.musclecardeals.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12