Close

Default 2.3T Flywheel Bolt thread size/pitch

I have looked everywhere I can think of, but cant find any info. What is the thread size/pitch for the flywheel bolts on a 1985 2.3T from a Thunderbird? I heard they are metric, and I think the V8 bolts are 7/16-20, so that wont work. Does anyone have a part number for these bolts, before I just find a random bolt in my collection and go to Lowe's to match it up?

Just for clarification, i'm talking about the bolts that hold the flywheel to the crank.

-manual trans................M10x1x28.6
    auto trans..................M10x20

-per catalog.
    '87 Turbo Coupe - 660 mile original
    '86 Turbo Coupe - 74k mile stripper

So it's m10x1.0 pitch?

-I would guess as I copy and pasted straight from the catalog.....

ok fair enough.

do you know what part number I can look up to find bolts that will work? preferably from a local parts store, auto zone, advance, oreillys, etc? I am having the hardest time finding these bolts, and dont really want to spend the money on ARP.

oriely can look up a bold by the size and pitch. If you find someone who wants to. They did it for my while looking for O2 plugs untill I found some at work.

well i just broke down and shelled out the money for some ARP bolts. I found one place locally that had them, and they are for a Ford 4.6/5.4L ARP kit # 254-2801.

So for anyone on the internet wondering, those bolts will work just fine. Although, I was bolting on a flywheel for swapping into a VW sand rail, and the thickness of the flywheel where the bolts go through was about .25"

-hope it all works for you....

I went through this last year when I swapped a t5 into my 89 coupe. I got ARP bolts from Summit for a Pinto.