Close

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HCBERICH View Post
    That's a question that I have thought about before. The truth is that I wanted to offer this to FEP and SEFB members only. That being said...It is important that we get to the goal amount of $7k. My thought was to open it up for two weeks and if we get to 7k we shut it down. If things go slower than expected then we can open it up to "outsiders". My first priority is to get Shannon some much needed funds. The second priority was to make sure the car ends up in the hands of a true 4 eye enthusiast that will respect the car. The reality is if you want to donate more than $20 you certainly can. So if your girlfriend wants to give you $20 to donate then just donate it in your name. every donation will be assigned a number so when you get your number you can decide who's money is attached to what number. That number "may" have some sort of significance in the future.

If anyone has a helpful opinion on this please feel free to chime in.

I am hoping that we can raise the money without having to go outside, but that depends on all of us.
    I didn't think about doing it that way. Sounds good. Thanks for the reply. I'd really like to win the car, but will be even more satisfied for her to receive as much as possible! This is such a great thing you guys are doing! Hats off to you all!

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe

I honestly feel like getting a cash advance or selling one of my Stangs to get this and help her out, but I think yall are doing it the best way. Both her and the car will be taken good care of. I can't praise yall enough!

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe

Open yet?

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd chance cobra View Post
    Open yet?
    This should be good to go tonight. Just waiting on her to get her paypal confirmed. I will let you know as soon as it happens.

What are we doing $20 numbers for possibility if $7k is raised? Let me know where to send money to. I was the hoping the idea to get FEP members would work. Awesome. Makes me happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happens if the Total Dollars are not reached? Not to be a downer.

Big Thanks to Everybody and the Family for doing this.
    1 of 3 1985 Silver Grand Prix Capr's
    My first New car and still own 1986 Capri

Pledge $100, will follow through asap...

This is such a kind thing that FEP is doing, well done. I would like to participate but confused a little bit on how this works. HCBERICH, you have lead this wonderful process, can you please provide a reply outlining this? I have read through this thread, goal is $7000 to raise for the family, $20 donations, thus 350 total donations, correct? Everyone that make a $20 donation has a donation number for each $20 donation that corresponds to their name (a $100 donation would be 5 numbers in your name in the hat). Each donation number is then put into a hat for a random drawing or does FEP and SEPM folks just pick somebody? We use PayPal correct? Sorry, I'm not University material (can anyone guess which movie that came from?) Thank you.

I can pledge @ least 20 on this.
    owner of the 666th mercury produced in 1983.......neat fact! black on black 5.0 t-5 capri with no other options but fishnet seats.....coincidence.......perhaps

OK Guys...Time to take care of business. You can start sending DONATIONS through PAYPAL to Travis84gt@yahoo.com. Be sure to give it as a gift and not as a payment.
    Also please be sure to enter your forum name as well as your real name in the comment section. If you must send a check send it to:
    Shannon Trogdon
    501 East Liberty Street
    China Grove NC 28023
    If you send a check please PM me so I can be sure she gets it. I will check against the list to make sure it gets there.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start giving and telling other forum members about this. We really need to get this done for Shannon. As mentioned before....every $20 increment will get your name on the consideration list. We will randomly draw a name from the list once we get to the $7k. If you can not donate through PAYPAL then you can send Shannon a check. I will have the address posted shortly. If you do send a check please PM me so I can be sure to check with her and make sure she receives it. I want to make sure everyone who donates gets a chance ( or chances) to be the one who gets the car.
    Last edited by HCBERICH; 02-15-2017 at 09:32 PM. Reason: additional info

I know most of us are just happy to help out. Every $20 will help. Just to make sure we are all on the same page, here is the link to the listing on the car. Who ever gets it must arrange for its pick up or delivery. Also the car is running and driving but does need a few odds and ends to finish it up. Please use this link to see the listing. http://sefb.net/forums/showthread.ph...Sale(Travis-T)

Again, someone is going to end up with a great car with a great story.

As Shannon gets the donations she is going to email me a list of donators and amounts as we go. I will pm you with a confirmation. If you donate and do not get a pm from me with in a few days, please let me know.

donations made

Is anything going to be put on the FEP facebook page?
    Last edited by deathbypsi; 02-04-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...83-Tbird-build

Donation sent!
    1982 Mustang GT 460/c-4
    1979 Mustang ghia coupe...original 2.3 turbo 4 speed barn find

http://s316.photobucket.com/albums/m...zephyr%20pics/

Donation sent!
    Matt
    1984 Thunderbird -- 1989 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake, Edelbrock 600 4bbl, 85 Mustang dizzy, Jegs o/r h pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Mustang AOD & shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Mustang front & rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 TC struts & shocks, and Mustang 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT hatch -- Explorer intake, GT40 heads with Trick Flow spring kit, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, 70mm MAF, 70mm throttle body, o/r H pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 Deluxe handle, clutch quadrant & firewall adjuster, and 3.27s
    (86 Mercury Cougar 5.0, 89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 80 Mercury Zephyr 4 door) sold

I made a donation today. Also sent out a small part for free with a link to the thread & asked the receiver to consider a donation. Let's keep making donations & adding to this thread to keep it near the top. Keep the spirit going.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

Donation Sent! Will post up a link on the three Fox related pages I moderate on Facebook!
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Donation sent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Donation sent.

What happens if 7k is NOT met? Also shouldn't this thread be closed and/or changed?

at 20 per you have to get 350 people which is a lot....

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Got my first donation in. Possibly more to come.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

I donated, hope it all goes well.

So do the donations stop when the 350 is met?
    83 Mustang GT , A5 5 speed, 31 spline Cobra rear, LMR TRX, 302 11r 190 heads, Buddy Rawls custom cam

86 Capri , 342 stroker , AFR 185 heads, Track Heat intake, 3.73 gears

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Is there some sort of a page we can refer, to monitor the progress of this auction?

Quote Originally Posted by eeprete View Post
    What happens if 7k is NOT met? Also shouldn't this thread be closed and/or changed?

at 20 per you have to get 350 people which is a lot....
    One of the concerns from Shannon was that she would have to give the car away for far less. I assured her that would not be the case. There is a number below $7k that is the rock bottom for her and we should have no problem reaching that. I feel there will be several people who will donate more than $20. Each time that happens it lessens the number of donators needed significantly. There is already a much larger donation by one member. Each time someone donates more than $20 it reduces the number of donators needed. Also, there is the SEFB guys that are involved in this as well. As I mentioned earlier in the post, there are over 13k registered members on this site. I understand that number is not reflective of the actual people who are on the site regularly. But between the two sites there should be no problem getting a few hundred people to donate.

I know there are people everywhere that need help but this is one of our own. Travis' story is one of true passion for his car. It should make us all feel better knowing we helped protect that passion of his by helping his wife get the car in somebodies hands that will care for it the way he would want. And also by helping his wife who is really struggling at the moment. That being said, I really do not think the amount is a stretch.

I see that there are a lot of questions and I will try to answer them all.
    The plan was to stop the "tracking" of the donations at $7k. At that time the person who gets the car will be determined. That will happen by a group live on Facebook. every person who donates will have a shot at getting the car "gifted" to them. You have a shot for every $20 you give. That being said...you can continue to donate after that if you wish, but the chance of getting the car will close at the $7k mark. I will post on here as soon as that amount has been met.

Bryan this is not an "AUCTION" . And also please know that based legal terms, this is not being considered a "raffle". If we were to hold a "raffle" we would need to set up a charitable organization or go through a long process to get it approved. WE ARE SIMPLY HELPING OUT A FRIEND IN NEED. And that friend just happens to be giving a car away. I can assure you this is being done fairly.

This is certainly not directed towards anyone specifically but I feel the need to say this one time:

I am not looking for any praise for doing this. I have never gotten involved in something like this before. I was just touched by Travis story. I thought as a group we could help her. (strength in numbers) I have put a lot more effort and time into this than I originally expected. I can not begin to explain how much time I have invested between talking to the Attorney Generals office and other governing agencies down there. Not to mention the hours of communicating with Travis' wife and a couple other guys from SEFB. This has also been very tough on Shannon. Every time we speak I can sense the heartache and also the fear she has about her situation. So I think we need to keep this positive however this needs to be said. If you are concerned with the legitimacy of this or the fairness then do not donate or get involved. If you are going to complain that the car is not a 100 point show car, or that the gas tank was low on fuel then do not get involved. I really do not want to sound like a dick here but it needed to be addressed one time. I have been open to suggestions since this talk started. I have received very little to no help in setting this up and did the best I could. I am certain that there are things that could have been done differently. It is now in motion. Like most of you I am also very busy with out this added responsibility. As you read through the thread people have been nothing but happy to donate. Please keep it positive! I understand that some of you may have questions. if you have a question that does not need to be public or tie up space on the thread then PM me or give me a call. my cell # is 508.813.3932
    Thank
    Harry

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast