Close

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Here's a quick video I made of Travis' car with some pics and vid I shot at Foxtoberfest.

https://jdsmotorsports.wordpress.com...quick-feature/
    Current Stangs
    08 GT500
    03 Mach 1
    Previous Foxes:91 GT, 89 Coupe, 91 Coupe, 83 Vert, 88 GT, 90 GT, 91 GT Vert, 89 Vert, 83 T-top Coupe, 85 T-top GT, 85 GT, 86 Coupe, 79 Ghia Coupe, 89 LX Hatch, 86 SVO

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    Well put. If SEFP is involved in the raffle/donation too, that would be great for the family.
    I have been dealing with Troy from SEFP and we definitely are including them in this.
    Just so every one is clear. We are asking for donations in $20 increments. Having a "RAFFLE" could be complicated due to the laws in different states and the financial, legal, and tax aspect of a raffle. So for that reason we are not having a "RAFFLE" So instead we are asking for "DONATIONS" for Travis' wife Shannon. Shannon has decided to give Travis' car away to someone who will really appreciate it. Since Shannon does not really know a lot of people in the clubs, she is looking for a suggestion as to who should end up with his car. Everyone who donates will be put on a list. for every $20 you donate. your name will go on the list. There is no limit to how many times your name can be on that list. There will be a cap of $7000 in donations taken. That way there are not too many names to consider. We are currently working on a plan to "help" Shannon decide who should have Travis' car. The plan so far is to have it done on Facebook live. I am currently talking to Troy from SEFP and one of the ideas is to have a bunch of the SEFP folks and as many of the FEP folks from that area to meet and make the decision live on Facebook. It will be a tough decision and will probably come down to drawing a name out of a bucket. Again, as much as it would be great to own the 84GT, it will be better knowing we helped Travis' wife out and also helped put the car in someone's hands that will truly appreciate it. Hopefully you all understand what I have laid out here. Also just to be sure we are all clear. If you are the lucky person who ends up with this car, you are on your own as to getting it to your house. This car will be available for pick up at or near Travis' hometown. I expect to have the final details any day, then we can all put our money where our mouths are! I have only been a part of this group for about a year but I am sure we will come through with flying colors. From the smallest questions to the hardest tech questions.....this is an awesome group. I enjoy being a part of it.

How do we donate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dtmilsap View Post
    How do we donate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    We are finalizing those details now. I will let you know soon.

Blog Entries

FYI- i have no paypal, etc. I will mail a paper check, so if a mailing address is possible as well, that would be great. As I said, getting in on the hat drawing is nice, and I'd love to have the car, but I mostly just want to make sure I get a little help to Travis' wife. If a snail mail check comes too late for the draw, I really don't care, as long as she gets it.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

I also will also be in the snailmail areana, so it wouldld be great if that will be taken into account. And more importantly, my heart, and prayers really go out to shannon and kids, the wife of a guy I never met. So sad.

I was a friend of Travis and I live here where the car is. I will be glad to assist in any way possible, whether it is arranging pickup/storage, providing an address to send checks to and handing them off etc. I am also in SEFB and I know Troy well and also Sam, the guy that owns Out To Pasture who did most of the work and ALL of the paint work.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

We will . Definately have a way to donate via check also.

Homer302 i would definately appreciate your help. I will pm you

I'm in! So awesome for the two communities to pull together and make this happen. I'm a member on both sites and really wanna participate with a donation for the family.

Jeremy
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe

I am also looking forward to helping any way I can, I talked to travis a few times via phone.

just ironing out a few last details......We will get this rolling shortly

I'm in as well.
    Has a deadline for donations been discussed amongst all those great people helping out with this?
    I'm happy just to donate knowing it will go to Travis's wife Shannon.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    I'm in as well.
    Has a deadline for donations been discussed amongst all those great people helping out with this?
    I'm happy just to donate knowing it will go to Travis's wife Shannon.
    Rob
    I am still ironing out a couple details. Travis wife is worried about any legal or tax ramifications, so I am trying to get the proper paperwork from the State of NC. The unfortunate part is that you have to speak to a lot of people there and This week has been crazy for me at work. So as soon as I have a few minutes I will get it sorted out.

Just an FYI... there are a lot of people interested in this however so far I have done all the work. Troy from SEFB has helped me get in touch with Shannon but unfortunately he is very busy as well. If anyone down in NC has any time or knowledge of holding a raffle I would be glad to share some of the work. I spoke to the Attorney General people and they were helpful to a point. I need to speak to the District Attorney in Rowan County to finalize this. They are the people charged with enforcing the raffle laws/regulations. The Attorney Generals office in NC told me that if we consider the money "donations to Travis' wife, there is no problem at all. She can "give" the car away to who ever she wants. But his wife is a little nervous to get in any trouble or become obligated in some way. Based on what she has on her plate, I fully understand that. I have unfortunately lost two of the four guys that work for me since January 1 so I am back in a service truck for the last couple weeks. I will try to get this going as quickly as possible. I will not give up.

Quote Originally Posted by HCBERICH View Post
    Rob
    I am still ironing out a couple details. Travis wife is worried about any legal or tax ramifications, so I am trying to get the proper paperwork from the State of NC. The unfortunate part is that you have to speak to a lot of people there and This week has been crazy for me at work. So as soon as I have a few minutes I will get it sorted out.

Just an FYI... there are a lot of people interested in this however so far I have done all the work. Troy from SEFB has helped me get in touch with Shannon but unfortunately he is very busy as well. If anyone down in NC has any time or knowledge of holding a raffle I would be glad to share some of the work. I spoke to the Attorney General people and they were helpful to a point. I need to speak to the District Attorney in Rowan County to finalize this. They are the people charged with enforcing the raffle laws/regulations. The Attorney Generals office in NC told me that if we consider the money "donations to Travis' wife, there is no problem at all. She can "give" the car away to who ever she wants. But his wife is a little nervous to get in any trouble or become obligated in some way. Based on what she has on her plate, I fully understand that. I have unfortunately lost two of the four guys that work for me since January 1 so I am back in a service truck for the last couple weeks. I will try to get this going as quickly as possible. I will not give up.
    I am still in too. I will give you a call here today or tomorrow. To further the conversation, I think whoever she gives the car to might have to pay taxes on it based on the value as well. The good news is a 1984 Mustang is probably "worth" $400 as far as any government agency is concerned. You can give things to relatives without taxes but I don't believe you can give things to a non-relative.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    To further the conversation, I think whoever she gives the car to might have to pay taxes on it based on the value as well. The good news is a 1984 Mustang is probably "worth" $400 as far as any government agency is concerned. You can give things to relatives without taxes but I don't believe you can give things to a non-relative.
    The cost of "gifting/giving" a vehicle away can be large on the recipient of the property depending on state or local governments. I know Nebraska is hard and high on this law. I for one would not be opposed to "cheaply buying" the vehicle if I were to acquire it through this raffle. I would rather pay the small sales tax on it for a couple/few hundred bucks than I would paying the taxes on a winning based on their high tax rate here.

Just a thought.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Taxes for the "buyer" is going to be state dependent. Here in Indiana....I would tell them the purchase price on the car was $500, and I would pay $35 in sales/excise tax. Pretty simple here. They don't even need to see the car....I have a friend that is a cop and he would sign a VIN inspection report for me to keep them from needing to see a $6,000 car that I claim was $500. Sorry if there is anyone on here that works for the IRS, but I think paying sales tax on a used car that already had tax collected on it when new is total horse-sh*t!!
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Total horse **** indeed, Jason!! Enough with the constant taxing!

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Im in for this as well. However I think just having her draw a random name is the best way to pick the winner. This will take out any doubts to any kind of favoritism towards one member over another. This way everyone ones chances are equally fair. Thoughts?
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...83-Tbird-build

Quote Originally Posted by deathbypsi View Post
    Im in for this as well. However I think just having her draw a random name is the best way to pick the winner. This will take out any doubts to any kind of favoritism towards one member over another. This way everyone ones chances are equally fair. Thoughts?
    Brian that has been the idea. We will all donate and everyone who donates gets a shot at the car.

As far as taxes, There is no tax liability for her. The tax liability does reside with who ever ends up with the car. As Axeman said each state is different.

Here in Massachusetts if you do not buy a vehicle (new or used) from a Massachusetts licensed dealer then you pay sales tax on the book value. Even if the car is a total project or even parts car. If you want a title then you pay. It really should be illegal. I bought a 2013 Mustang from a dealer in Indy in 2015. I paid 27K for the car and I ended up having to pay sales tax on 34k. Sometimes it does work out. My 85 GT booked at the RMV for about 3 grand.

With all this said and done.. I have spoken to the Attorney Generals office in NC and they agreed that she can give the car to anybody she wants. She can also take donations without any problems. Its the drawing the name that makes this more of a lottery and that's where the rules and regs come in. I am working on it and hopefully will have the answers soon.

Quote Originally Posted by deathbypsi View Post
    Brian that has been the idea. We will all donate and everyone who donates gets a shot at the car.

As far as taxes, There is no tax liability for her. The tax liability does reside with who ever ends up with the car. As Axeman said each state is different.

Here in Massachusetts if you do not buy a vehicle (new or used) from a Massachusetts licensed dealer then you pay sales tax on the book value. Even if the car is a total project or even parts car. If you want a title then you pay. It really should be illegal. I bought a 2013 Mustang from a dealer in Indy in 2015. I paid 27K for the car and I ended up having to pay sales tax on 34k. Sometimes it does work out. My 85 GT booked at the RMV for about 3 grand.

With all this said and done.. I have spoken to the Attorney Generals office in NC and they agreed that she can give the car to anybody she wants. She can also take donations without any problems. Its the drawing the name that makes this more of a lottery and that's where the rules and regs come in. I am working on it and hopefully will have the answers soon.

I'm interested in donating as well.
    1982 Mustang GT 460/c-4
    1979 Mustang ghia coupe...original 2.3 turbo 4 speed barn find

http://s316.photobucket.com/albums/m...zephyr%20pics/

UPDATE. I spoke to Travis' wife tonight. She has set up a Paypal account and it takes a day or two to be active. Once it is good to go I will give you the information. She really needs our help so please spread the word. The more I talk to her and some of the guys that new him I am learning that he really was a great guy and he loved that car. Lets get this done. For those of you who do not have paypal and want to be part of this you can private message me for alternative options. So we should be able to start donating Sunday or Monday.

Question... can someone outside of the forums (girlfriend) donate and be entered in the drawing?

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe

That's a question that I have thought about before. The truth is that I wanted to offer this to FEP and SEFB members only. That being said...It is important that we get to the goal amount of $7k. My thought was to open it up for two weeks and if we get to 7k we shut it down. If things go slower than expected then we can open it up to "outsiders". My first priority is to get Shannon some much needed funds. The second priority was to make sure the car ends up in the hands of a true 4 eye enthusiast that will respect the car. The reality is if you want to donate more than $20 you certainly can. So if your girlfriend wants to give you $20 to donate then just donate it in your name. every donation will be assigned a number so when you get your number you can decide who's money is attached to what number. That number "may" have some sort of significance in the future.

If anyone has a helpful opinion on this please feel free to chime in.

I am hoping that we can raise the money without having to go outside, but that depends on all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by HCBERICH View Post
    That's a question that I have thought about before. The truth is that I wanted to offer this to FEP and SEFB members only. That being said...It is important that we get to the goal amount of $7k. My thought was to open it up for two weeks and if we get to 7k we shut it down. If things go slower than expected then we can open it up to "outsiders". My first priority is to get Shannon some much needed funds. The second priority was to make sure the car ends up in the hands of a true 4 eye enthusiast that will respect the car. The reality is if you want to donate more than $20 you certainly can. So if your girlfriend wants to give you $20 to donate then just donate it in your name. every donation will be assigned a number so when you get your number you can decide who's money is attached to what number. That number "may" have some sort of significance in the future.

If anyone has a helpful opinion on this please feel free to chime in.

I am hoping that we can raise the money without having to go outside, but that depends on all of us.
    One thing I think would be great is if we could get her over the 7 k mark. Understandably there needs to be a goal on when to shut the process down to commence with the "give-away", but hopefully we can have a few good hearted people donate to Shannon after the fact out of the kindness of their hearts.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast