Close

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

I have never done anything like this, so if anyone has an ideas please let me know. I was thinking that everyone make their check or money order out to Travis' wife. We can all send them to one person until we have sold all 350 chances. (which I think would be pretty quick.) I would be willing to receive them or we could nominate who ever you all think is a good person for it. That person could make a thread on FEP showing the names and # of chances as they come in.
    your ticket # or #s would be listed on the thread in order that they are received. That way you could be sure your money was received and your tickets are all set. Once all chances are in I would recommend we take the numbered tickets and throw them into a bucket and draw the winner. This could be done by a group of us on Facebook live. Where ever there is a good group that is close by and can get together, we could decide that as well. That way she gets a helping hand financially and someone who really loves four eyed Mustangs gets the car. Its a simple plan but it would work. I am certainly open to suggestions, but I think we should do it soon!
    Last edited by HCBERICH; 01-15-2017 at 08:54 AM. Reason: typo

Sounds like a Great idea! Would recommend using something like a gofundme page for this. That way people can pay electronically.
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

What is Travis wife's name and address to mail check or money order to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by HCBERICH View Post
    I am certainly open to suggestions
    I really like the idea of this and it's obvious that the civic and moral compasses of folks here are pointed the right way. As well, I want to participate too.

That said, if there is an attorney within our group or if someone knows one, I'd simply suggest a brief conversation to uncover/reveal if there will be any issues or obligations facing any participants, organizers or beneficiaries of this event.

I don't bring this up to poo-poo efforts to do the right thing, I simply hope to see the right thing done right.
    '85 GT

I agree we should see if we can set something up with his wife so that the car doesnt sell while we are setting it up. But its a great cause.

all valid points. I have spoken to the guy who is selling the car for her and he is aware of our plan. He is also on board. I am not concerned with the car being sold because he is definitely liking this idea. As far as the legal end, I agree we should check that out. I am assuming that if we actually consider the checks a gift to her there is no problem. Then she can gift the car to "someone". I guess technically we would not call it a raffle. It would be simply a bunch of people giving a friend in need a few bucks. I did look into GO FUND ME, and PAYPAL, however they require someone's name, ss# etc. I think if we do it that way we would definitely need to set something up legally. There is also a way to set up a bank account near Travis' home where we could mail the checks as donations. The problem I see with that is that nobody will be able to track who is sending what. As I mentioned, I am absolutely looking for input from you all. ( or Y'all) for those of you down south. If a few folks wanted to really get involved and have a think tank we could schedule a conference call some day or night that works for all of us. There is a free conference call service that I use and it works great. I welcome all your input.
    I am usually not an emotional guy but this story for some reason has tugged at my heart strings. As much as I would love to own the car I just want to make sure somebody who has some attachment to this group that Travis loved gets it! It just seems right

Like I said before I am in. This idea is great, lucky winner gets the car so it stays with the FEP family and his family could get much more than the car is worth. Helping both sides. We call that a win, win.
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

Count me in
    Amy MCA #81079 3rd generation gold card judge, 1993 Ford Probe GT
    1979 Cobra
    1979 Ghia coupe
    1979 5.0 coupe
    1980 turbo coupe
    1990 7 up
    1993 Yellow /black feature convertible 14k miles
    1993Yellow/black feature convertible AC delete
    1995 Cobra hardtop convertible
    1998 GT convertible

I'm in I'd like to send a Paypal.
    Matt
    1984 Thunderbird -- 1989 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake, Edelbrock 600 4bbl, 85 Mustang dizzy, Jegs o/r h pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Mustang AOD & shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Mustang front & rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 TC struts & shocks, and Mustang 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT hatch -- Explorer intake, GT40 heads with Trick Flow spring kit, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, 70mm MAF, 70mm throttle body, o/r H pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 Deluxe handle, clutch quadrant & firewall adjuster, and 3.27s
    (86 Mercury Cougar 5.0, 89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 80 Mercury Zephyr 4 door) sold

I think this is a great idea and I would be happy to buy in. This car needs to stay in the hands of a responsible caretaker. I do agree with qikgts that we should look into any legalities that come into play with such a set-up.

I'm definitely in also. Whether or not I end up with the car is irrelevant and unimportant to me but it will just be good to help Shannon out and keep Travis's car in the "family".
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Troy from SEFB would be the perfect person to talk to about this. He and the club admins handled the "save a fox raffle" and would probably have the answers to your questions. They probably wouldn't mind helping either with them taking lead on selling the car for her. Just an idea.

I'd love to be in for PayPal.
    1984.5 G.T.350 had since 16y/o
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

I'd donate..Paypal is the most convenient for me
    86 coupe
    1993 GT
    My 10 Sec street cars

Quote Originally Posted by N2MUSTANGS View Post
    Troy from SEFB would be the perfect person to talk to about this. He and the club admins handled the "save a fox raffle" and would probably have the answers to your questions. They probably wouldn't mind helping either with them taking lead on selling the car for her. Just an idea.

I have been working with Troy. He is going to speak with Shannon about the best way to donate money. I also thought it would be good to include his group SEFB since they were so involved with work on Travis' car. We will definitely have a way to do it online. I will keep you guys posted.

Count me in for five tickets at $10 per. Travis was a super nice guy and am so sorry to see he lost his battle.

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

I would be in as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to bring this up earlier glad some one did. I am in for tickets and will help any way I can.
    1981 T Top Coupe Sold
    1981 Coupe Pastel Chamois
    1987 LX Coupe 1 of 47 Sand Beige
    1965 F100 Crown Vic swapped 5.0 5 speed

hey guys just an update. We are waiting to confirm with Travis' wife about how to set up the "donations". I hope to have this all set up quickly and I will keep you posted.

Thanks man.
    1984.5 G.T.350 had since 16y/o
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

I am in. Subscribing to this thread to stay on top of this. Lets make this happen. SEFP did their part in getting it back together, its time for FEP to step up and help find a new home for the car and get some funds to the family.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

I'd be in too for whatever $ amount is decided for a raffle chance. Great cause for a great car. I was fortunate to see Travis' car at Foxtoberfest 2016. Awesome car!!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTJIM View Post
    I am in. Subscribing to this thread to stay on top of this. Lets make this happen. SEFP did their part in getting it back together, its time for FEP to step up and help find a new home for the car and get some funds to the family.
    Well put. If SEFP is involved in the raffle/donation too, that would be great for the family.
    Last edited by MIKE'SVO86; 01-19-2017 at 11:40 PM.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

I would definitely be in for this...read the story and it's humbling. The result is outstanding everyone involved should be proud to have been part of this, and its outcome. It's unfortunate Travis couldn't see the outcome but I am sure he is smiling from up above.
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude
    1997 Ford Explorer 5.0L
    1985 Ford Mustang GT
    1983 VW Rabbit GTi 16v
    1983 Mercury Capri CC

I'm in for what ever the cost of the tickets are.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast