Close

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thanks Everyone! Still in shock!

Created a post for my plans for Travis' car!

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...is-T-s-Mustang
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfannoz View Post
    Thanks Everyone! Still in shock!

Created a post for my plans for Travis' car!

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...is-T-s-Mustang
    Congrats!!!

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe

Congrats Steve! Can't wait to follow along!

Congrats, Steve!!!
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

Congratulations
    Amy MCA #81079 3rd generation gold card judge, 1993 Ford Probe GT
    1979 Cobra
    1979 Ghia coupe
    1979 5.0 coupe
    1980 turbo coupe
    1990 7 up
    1993 Yellow /black feature convertible 14k miles
    1993Yellow/black feature convertible AC delete
    1995 Cobra hardtop convertible
    1998 GT convertible

Here is the video of the giveaway. It was done today with members of SEFB and FEP present in North Carolina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-tCUCu6Pk

Congrats and it's nice to see that the car will be in good hands.
    Previous:
    79 Notchback
    86 GT
    93 GT Convertible

Current:
    86 GT Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by HCBERICH View Post
    Here is the video of the giveaway. It was done today with members of SEFB and FEP present in North Carolina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-tCUCu6Pk
    Can you post how many people donated and how many actual donations were made? Just curious as to what the odds of winning were.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Congrats man, enjoy the car!
    1984.5 G.T.350 had since 16y/o
    95 Cobra, Crystal White

Congrats Steve, I look forward to seeing the car in New England in the future
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

Congratulations Steve!
    '79 Fairmont Futura
    '79 Mercury Zephyr wagon
    '83 LTD Wagon - future Mustang "Sport" Wagon
    '84 Mercury Capri RS - 5.0 5spd
    Owner of Victory Engines and Machining, LLC
    g2G

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Dog View Post
    Congrats Steve, I look forward to seeing the car in New England in the future
    I think he's in Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    Can you post how many people donated and how many actual donations were made? Just curious as to what the odds of winning were.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT

The plan was to have 350 donations of $20. Because the donations were coming in so rapidly at the end, we jumped from $6500 to $7k in a couple hours. By the time Shannon could get in touch with me and I could post it, we had $7360 donated. so about $800 came in in the last couple hours. I thought it was fair to include the last 18 donations because we were unable to announce it was over. So instead of 350 chances there were 368. I am not an actuary or odds maker so I do not know how to compute the odds. Odds are more complex to compute than simple math. If you donated $40 you had a two in 368 chance, however the math isn't as simple as 2/368 or making it 1/184 or if you donated $120 your odds were 6/368 it isn't a simple simplification of numbers (fractions) like making 6/368 ...2/123. Its probably best just to say you had a 6/368 chance. just as a comparison...if you play powerball with one ticket your chance of winning is 1/292,201,338. every time you buy a second or third ticket it does not reduce the odds by that same ratio. If there is an real actuary out there they could figure it out.

Hopefully that wasn't as confusing as it sounded in my head!

FEP Senior Member

Just glad this happened. Everyone stepped up and contributed to help. An awesome job and congrats to Steve and his friend. That will be really cool that his friend is getting the car and continuing on to enjoy the vehicle.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

The plan was to have 350 donations of $20. Because the donations were coming in so rapidly at the end, we jumped from $6500 to $7k in a couple hours. By the time Shannon could get in touch with me and I could post it, we had $7360 donated. so about $800 came in in the last couple hours. I thought it was fair to include the last 18 donations because we were unable to announce it was over. So instead of 350 chances there were 368. I am not an actuary or odds maker so I do not know how to compute the odds. Odds are more complex to compute than simple math. If you donated $40 you had a two in 368 chance, however the math isn't as simple as 2/368 or making it 1/184 or if you donated $120 your odds were 6/368 it isn't a simple simplification of numbers (fractions) like making 6/368 ...2/123. Its probably best just to say you had a 6/368 chance. just as a comparison...if you play powerball with one ticket your chance of winning is 1/292,201,338. every time you buy a second or third ticket it does not reduce the odds by that same ratio. If there is an real actuary out there they could figure it out.

Hopefully that wasn't as confusing as it sounded in my head!
    I found an odds calculator online and calculated my chances of winning.
    For me, my probability of winning was 1.087%. 368 donations total. I donated 4 times. So, 4 chances to win and 364 chances to lose. Odds to win were 1:91. If anyone wants to see their odds, here is the link to mine. Just change the values to how many times you donated for A. Subtract that from 368 to get B.

http://www.calculatorsoup.com/calcul...r&action=solve

In conclusion, it really came down to "luck of the draw", which is pretty cool. Had I won, I'd have been lucky in more ways than one. Lucky for winning and and lucky to have won such a cool car that was built from pure passion.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Again congrats, I had #147!

Congratulations Steve! Better still - I thought it was perfect that Kylie picked the winner!!!

Have to admit, I'm a little bummed/jealous. I was hoping for a roadtrip to NC. I wanted to meet the wife of the story that hit me so hard.(same age and I just had a health scare) I hope this whole thing helps her somehow even if it's in only a small way.you have a big family shannon

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd chance cobra View Post
    Have to admit, I'm a little bummed/jealous. I was hoping for a roadtrip to NC. I wanted to meet the wife of the story that hit me so hard.(same age and I just had a health scare) I hope this whole thing helps her somehow even if it's in only a small way.you have a big family shannon
    You're not the only one, brother! I had huge plans for the car, had I won. Oh well, still extremely excited to have been a part of this and can't be mad how things turned out.
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd chance cobra View Post
    You're not the only one, brother! I had huge plans for the car, had I won. Oh well, still extremely excited to have been a part of this and can't be mad how things turned out.
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

1. Folks I just received this from Shannon and she asked me to share it with you.

Dear SEFB and FEP Members,

It is a rare occasion when I am at a loss for words, but at the moment, words hardly seem an acceptable conveyance for what I feel.

I am truly overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of spirit that the car community continues to show me in my time of need. I cannot even begin to thank you all for the numerous messages of compassion and concern for my well being. On the hardest of days, encouraging words from others are sometimes the only things that help me cope with the loss, and allow me to keep moving forward. Therefore, I cannot emphasize enough what your well wishes mean to me. Nothing will bring back my best friend, but I am grateful that his friends have now become mine, and have rallied around me, offering their help and support.

Likewise, the comments written about Travis on the SEFB and FEP forums that were shared with me, made me smile. It was heart warming to know that other people have such great respect and esteem for my late husband. I know I'm slightly biased, but in all seriousness, he was such a kind hearted man, whose main goal was to help others in whatever way he could. He was a wonderful husband and human being throughout his life, who fought bravely until the very end. I could not be more proud of him, or who he was.

And now, there are SO many people that I want to thank. So much so, that I will never be able to mention everyone by name, but I intend to give it my best shot.

Brock Cunningham, Darran Teather, Gregory Koss, Jeff Cornell, Keith Neustaedter, Mark Wesley, Rich Straight, Ronald Sloop, Scott Williams, and probably many others I have missed, thank you for being a supportive friend during a horrible time in Travis' life. Your encouraging words via cards, emails, text messages, and phone calls kept him motivated and full of hope during his battle with cancer.

Ronald Sloop...thank you for having such a compassionate heart, and a willingness to help others. It was your idea to restore Travis' car and give him something to look forward to post-cancer, and to lift his spirits in the interim. Without your idea, none of this would have happened!

An enormous thank you to: Troy Raby, Ronald Sloop, Sam Poteat, Jeremy Bonds, Adam Poteat, David Sloop, Michael Hines, Rich Straight, and the countless members of SEFB (and others) who contributed parts, time, money, dedication, and hard work to make the restoration plan a reality. From the initial conception of the plan, to the commemorative display of my husband's 84 GT at 2016 Foxtober Fest, (as well as overseeing the selection process of a new owner yesterday) the SEFB community has worked tirelessly to make Travis' dream of having his car on the road again, a reality! Troy, Ronald, and Sam...you guys have been the driving force behind this project, and have continued to help me time after time as I've needed it. Thank you for being such good friends, and for looking out for me. I want you to know that even as sick as Travis was, the knowledge that he would be able to drive his beautifully restored car once he was well, gave him some much needed energy, and something to look forward to. Every time he got a progress report on the status of the project, he would get so excited! As a wife watching her husband struggle to do the simplest of tasks, such as walking and breathing, I cannot tell you how good it was to see him smile again! Thank you for giving my husband back his smile for a little while longer!

Finally, a tremendous thank you to Harry Richman for conceptualizing and implementing the donation/giveaway campaign, as well as the FEP community, who whole-heartedly supported his idea and ran with it! Harry's dedication and work behind the scenes, along with your enthusiasm and continuous efforts, have been instrumental in helping me raise money for impending bills, but most importantly, it has helped me find an adoptive parent for my husband's cherished car. I wanted to make sure that it found a new forever home with someone who would love it, and enjoy driving it as much as Travis did. I know that is what he would have wanted.

In closing, I would like to say that without the selfless generosity and support from the members of SEFB, FEP, and the car community as a whole, I could not have made it through this difficult time. You each played an important role in making all of this happen, and I cannot begin to tell you how much it means to have caring people like you in my life. I feel truly blessed to be able to call you friends. Thank you all for reaching out to help someone in their time of need. I pray that God will bless each of you, and that you and your loved ones will always be cancer free.

With warmest regards,

Shannon Trogdon
    [hr][/hr]

Congrats Steve! May you and your friend continue to represent Travis and his GT to the fullest, while at the same time making new memories and expanding the truly amazing story of this car. It has been an honor being a part of this.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

[LIST=1][*]Folks I just received this from Shannon and she asked me to share it with you.

[FONT=Calibri]Dear SEFB and FEP Members,

It is a rare occasion when I am at a loss for words, but at the moment, words hardly seem an acceptable conveyance for what I feel.

I am truly overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of spirit that the car community continues to show me in my time of need. I cannot even begin to thank you all for the numerous messages of compassion and concern for my well being. On the hardest of days, encouraging words from others are sometimes the only things that help me cope with the loss, and allow me to keep moving forward. Therefore, I cannot emphasize enough what your well wishes mean to me. Nothing will bring back my best friend, but I am grateful that his friends have now become mine, and have rallied around me, offering their help and support.

Likewise, the comments written about Travis on the SEFB and FEP forums that were shared with me, made me smile. It was heart warming to know that other people have such great respect and esteem for my late husband. I know I'm slightly biased, but in all seriousness, he was such a kind hearted man, whose main goal was to help others in whatever way he could. He was a wonderful husband and human being throughout his life, who fought bravely until the very end. I could not be more proud of him, or who he was.

And now, there are SO many people that I want to thank. So much so, that I will never be able to mention everyone by name, but I intend to give it my best shot.

Brock Cunningham, Darran Teather, Gregory Koss, Jeff Cornell, Keith Neustaedter, Mark Wesley, Rich Straight, Ronald Sloop, Scott Williams, and probably many others I have missed, thank you for being a supportive friend during a horrible time in Travis' life. Your encouraging words via cards, emails, text messages, and phone calls kept him motivated and full of hope during his battle with cancer.

Ronald Sloop...thank you for having such a compassionate heart, and a willingness to help others. It was your idea to restore Travis' car and give him something to look forward to post-cancer, and to lift his spirits in the interim. Without your idea, none of this would have happened!

An enormous thank you to: Troy Raby, Ronald Sloop, Sam Poteat, Jeremy Bonds, Adam Poteat, David Sloop, Michael Hines, Rich Straight, and the countless members of SEFB (and others) who contributed parts, time, money, dedication, and hard work to make the restoration plan a reality. From the initial conception of the plan, to the commemorative display of my husband's 84 GT at 2016 Foxtober Fest, (as well as overseeing the selection process of a new owner yesterday) the SEFB community has worked tirelessly to make Travis' dream of having his car on the road again, a reality! Troy, Ronald, and Sam...you guys have been the driving force behind this project, and have continued to help me time after time as I've needed it. Thank you for being such good friends, and for looking out for me. I want you to know that even as sick as Travis was, the knowledge that he would be able to drive his beautifully restored car once he was well, gave him some much needed energy, and something to look forward to. Every time he got a progress report on the status of the project, he would get so excited! As a wife watching her husband struggle to do the simplest of tasks, such as walking and breathing, I cannot tell you how good it was to see him smile again! Thank you for giving my husband back his smile for a little while longer!

Finally, a tremendous thank you to Harry Richman for conceptualizing and implementing the donation/giveaway campaign, as well as the FEP community, who whole-heartedly supported his idea and ran with it! Harry's dedication and work behind the scenes, along with your enthusiasm and continuous efforts, have been instrumental in helping me raise money for impending bills, but most importantly, it has helped me find an adoptive parent for my husband's cherished car. I wanted to make sure that it found a new forever home with someone who would love it, and enjoy driving it as much as Travis did. I know that is what he would have wanted.

In closing, I would like to say that without the selfless generosity and support from the members of SEFB, FEP, and the car community as a whole, I could not have made it through this difficult time. You each played an important role in making all of this happen, and I cannot begin to tell you how much it means to have caring people like you in my life. I feel truly blessed to be able to call you friends. Thank you all for reaching out to help someone in their time of need. I pray that God will bless each of you, and that you and your loved ones will always be cancer free.

With warmest regards,
    Shannon Trogdon
    Thank you all for making this happen. While it is honestly a bit hard to read this, I'm glad we could pull together and help Shannon out and put a smile on her face again. I pray that as time passes, that smile will continue to grow and the pain she feels will lessen. It is hard to lose someone so close to a disease so horrible and while time will heal the wound, it never completely goes away. We as a family can continue to help her by being a support system for the long haul. She is part of our extended family and proud to have her here.

I pray that we, as a car community, never forget Travis and the person he was and continue to represent this hobby with the utmost character and respect that Travis himself did. He was a true car guy, an awesome friend and a great person through and through.

While the good lord took him from us in what we feel is way too soon, I know for a fact that Travis's work is not done and we can continue what he started here on Earth. Let's continue that work of making this a better place and make our brother proud.

I miss you buddy and hope all is well up above.

Brock
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 03-06-2017 at 08:17 AM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Wow! This literally brought tears to my eyes and couldn't be more happy to have been a part of this! These two groups never cease to amaze me and I'm proud of each and every one of you! This whole experience has touched my heart in a way that's hard to explain. We should all be proud of what we accomplished in what seemed like no time at all.
    Unfortunately, I did not know Travis or Shannon, but because of this, I feel connected to them both. If Shannon ever needs anything, she just needs to say the word.

To Travis, rest in peace my new friend and thank you for reaching my core and motivating me to help and make a difference!

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

So, I wanna share something with you guys. For some reason, I've started getting Bible verses in my email. This is the verse I got today:

Matthew 7:7

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

I don't know about y'all, but I don't think it was coincidence that I got that verse today.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast