Close

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Donation sent

Rick (Smitty54) Thank you for posting that. I did not remember seeing that when all this was going down. If that doesn't drive the point home then nothing will. I have said it before and I will say it again....I have had the good fortune in life to be part of many hobbies, but hands down the car people I have met over the years are head and shoulders above the rest. All walks of life, all ages, incomes, races, etc. They always come together. That quote coming from him says it all. Although you can not truly detect tone in a typed comment..I am certain that quote was from the heart and for just that moment a car made him smile!

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by smitty54 View Post
    I'm not proud, so I'm going to keep pushing this cause until we get it done. I'm in for $100 and I really don't want the car. It's about helping out his wife Shannon in a time of need. I know almost everyone on this forum could afford at least $20. Here is a quote from Travis that he put in a post a few months before he passed away.

"You guys are why I love this site. When treatments are over, first thing my wife and I are doing is taking a real vacation. May even have to take a few road trips myself and meet those I can. Amazing how some used car my dad bought for me 25 years ago has made me so many friends."
    Thanks for sharing that again! Travis was so down to earth and giving to everyone else, I hope that we can make this happen for Shannon and for his memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Donation sent!

Sent!

Double post
    Last edited by 83GTJIM; 02-13-2017 at 10:16 PM.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

Default Let's remember why

"I can't say thank you enough to everyone for their thoughts and prayers, I love this site."
    . - Travis T New Years Day 2016 post #59 http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...his-week/page3

We might have hit a lull but let's remember why we are doing this. We are past the half way point, let's dig a little deeper and make this happen FEP.
    Can't wait for Friday so I can make another donation.
    MCA #110307
    "Saved" 25k mi 83 GT - http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ght=Wrecked+GT
    83 GT T Top
    83 GT Convt
    84 20th Anniversary T Top GT350 SOLD 11/17
    84 GT Convt SOLD 08/18

Sent again, that's 4 for me. I'm going to go 1 more, and that should give me 1 in 70 chances. Just wanting to get some spread in my #'s.

Come on guys, skip those happy endings and lets get this done.
    Last edited by 4eyedfoxdriver; 02-14-2017 at 09:01 AM.
    83 Mustang GT , A5 5 speed, 31 spline Cobra rear, LMR TRX, 302 11r 190 heads, Buddy Rawls custom cam

86 Capri , 342 stroker , AFR 185 heads, Track Heat intake, 3.73 gears

Done 2, hoping to find enough to go once more...Wish I could do more.

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedfoxdriver View Post

No you didn't! Thanks for the laugh today, I needed it!

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe

Donation #3 sent! Let's get after this, guys!!!

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Thanks for the boost guys. We definitely need it. Every $20 helps. I would love to have a surge so we can actually get this car in somebody's hands soon! I should get an update tonight on the total.

Thanks again for all that are keeping this going. I have gotten to know Shannon a little bit through all this and she is truly suffering with the loss of her best friend. We have had a few talks about Travis and I feel stronger than ever about this. He sounds like a guy that I would have loved to hang out with. I know its a cliché but hug and appreciate the ones you love because you just don't know!

I will be in for another one Friday. Would have donated more earlier but a financial crisis hit. I won't be able to do much more after this one, but every little bit will help her out. I'm proud to be a part of this and hope she can get back on her feet. I sure miss Travis and the friendship we created. He was a hell of a good guy.

Let's get this done!
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedfoxdriver View Post
    Sent again, that's 4 for me. I'm going to go 1 more, and that should give me 1 in 70 chances. Just wanting to get some spread in my #'s.

That's awesome....coming from a guy in Boner Springs. LOL

Donation sent!
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    65 Cadillac Calais 4DR Hardtop
    02 Thunderbird

Donation Sent..!!!!
    1984 Mustang LX T-Top Coupe

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by HCBERICH View Post
    He sounds like a guy that I would have loved to hang out with.
    We only messaged a few times but I agree! Such a kind guy to offer help and advice and friendship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Another donation sent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I did not join until after Travis T had passed so I never got to know him, but I have read several of his posts and appreciate the person who was behind them. I also deeply appreciate everyone here - and far more than I ever expected. Yes it is amazing how a used car dad helped buy some 25 years ago can encircle a person with friends. Travis' story of getting his car very closely matched mine.

And just to be perfectly clear on this - Black Four-Eyed Foxbody Mustangs RULE.

Donated $100.00. Privileged to have to opportunity and means to help.

James

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    I did not join until after Travis T had passed so I never got to know him, but I have read several of his posts and appreciate the person who was behind them. I also deeply appreciate everyone here - and far more than I ever expected. Yes it is amazing how a used car dad helped buy some 25 years ago can encircle a person with friends. Travis' story of getting his car very closely matched mine.

And just to be perfectly clear on this - Black Four-Eyed Foxbody Mustangs RULE.

Donated $100.00. Privileged to have to opportunity and means to help.

James

Well said, together as a group of fellow Mustang enthusiasts, we can get this done!
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

Another donation sent.

Just happened to get on the forums and saw this.

Donation sent.

Southern Indiana, outside of Louisville KY

Donation sent...

Name:  Autocross Travis.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  108.4 KBGreat job folks. we are getting there. We are at $4,800.00. I really can not say enough about this group. We are heading in the right direction for sure. I have uploaded a picture that Shannon sent to me of Travis Auto cross racing his baby. She is very grateful for everyone's support. Its a great show of respect and tribute to a great guy taken far too soon. I will be sending out more confirmation messages with donation numbers. I have been slammed at work so I apologize for the delay.
    Last edited by HCBERICH; 02-15-2017 at 07:04 PM. Reason: omittion

Quote Originally Posted by HCBERICH View Post
    Name:  Autocross Travis.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  108.4 KBGreat job folks. we are getting there. We are at $4,800.00. I really can not say enough about this group. We are heading in the right direction for sure. I have uploaded a picture that Shannon sent to me of Travis Auto cross racing his baby. She is very grateful for everyone's support. Its a great show of respect and tribute to a great guy taken far too soon. I will be sending out more confirmation messages with donation numbers. I have been slammed at work so I apologize for the delay.
    What an awesome pic! I'd love to see more!
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast