Close

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default 1984 GT For Sale (Travis T's Car)

Guys, most of you know the Travis T story by now. Some of us got together and built Travis' car for him in hopes he could enjoy it before he passed away one last time. Sadly, he passed before we could finish it. Anyway, his family has decided to sell the car. Below is a link to the for sale add over on SEFB, one of our admin's there, Troy, is handling the sell for the family. We'd love to see someone on one of the forum's get it so it goes to a good home!

http://sefb.net/forums/showthread.ph...Sale(Travis-T)
    Current Stangs
    08 GT500
    03 Mach 1
    Previous Foxes:91 GT, 89 Coupe, 91 Coupe, 83 Vert, 88 GT, 90 GT, 91 GT Vert, 89 Vert, 83 T-top Coupe, 85 T-top GT, 85 GT, 86 Coupe, 79 Ghia Coupe, 89 LX Hatch, 86 SVO

Wow! I hope someone here buys it so we can see it every now and then. With mixed emotions, I would like to say thanks for posting this.

From the post on SEFB:

1984 GT Hatch 5sp w/Sunroof

Exterior:
    Fresh Gloss Black paint from Jeremy at Out To Pasture Pony Parts
    '96-'98 17" GT "Butterfly" wheels(refinished)
    New 245/45/ZR17 Tires

Engine:
    Explorer Long Block with an HO Cam(unknown mileage)
    Upgraded Valve springs for the HO Cam
    Edlebrock lower intake
    Rebuilt Holley Carb
    New Alternator and other ignition components
    Aftermarket Exhaust(unknown combo)
    All recent mechanical work was performed by OTP and Kannapolis Engine Service

Interior:
    Later model Aeronose GT cloth seats
    New Wheatherstripping
    Needs headliner

Chassis:
    SN95 5lug 4-wheel disc conversion
    Lowering Springs
    Maximum Motorsports C/C plates

This is one cool 4-eye with a lot of the basic upgrades already done and it looks fantastic!! The paint upgrade alone is worth $5k and to have fresh enamel on a Fox is a HUGE bonus!! SN95 brakes, Fresh Wheels, New tires, New Weather Stripping, Mechanicals gone through...the things needed to "finish it" are definitely on the inexpensive end of the spectrum.

Asking $6,500 obo

Serious inquiries only please!

Contact Troy at 704-661-1164 for more info and to set up an appt to look at the car.
    Last edited by 84StangSVT; 01-03-2017 at 01:25 PM.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Why doesnt the fep community take donations to purchase the car tell the story and use it to promote FEP at shows and such?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in
    Rob

current cars:
    83 GT Convertible
    83 Project GT T-Top Coupe
    84 GT T-Top Hatch
    86 GT Hatch low mile car
    00 V-6 Convertible

all white cars!

Damn....hate to read this as much as I hated to read about Travis. I have a potential buyer here in Indy...I have passed the info along so they can contact Troy if interested.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    Damn....hate to read this as much as I hated to read about Travis. I have a potential buyer here in Indy...I have passed the info along so they can contact Troy if interested.
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Stangs
    08 GT500
    03 Mach 1
    Previous Foxes:91 GT, 89 Coupe, 91 Coupe, 83 Vert, 88 GT, 90 GT, 91 GT Vert, 89 Vert, 83 T-top Coupe, 85 T-top GT, 85 GT, 86 Coupe, 79 Ghia Coupe, 89 LX Hatch, 86 SVO

Wow!!! Sad to hear its getting sold.

My buddy is out. His budget is only $3500-4000. I tried to tell him he'd be spending a little more than desired but getting a car that needs next to nothing to be enjoyed right away. Oh well...good luck with the sale guys.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Sharp looking car for the money.
    1 of 3 1985 Silver Grand Prix Capr's
    My first New car and still own 1986 Capri

Just spit balling here.... The site says we have 13,315 members. Now I am sure that many are inactive or occasional browsers. But if 650 of us donated $10 a piece we could raffle it off. This way someone who cares about 4 eyes ends up with it. Also that would give a few people who do not have the money at this time, to own a nice 4 eye. or we could do 325 people at $20 per. If half the members gave $1 that would also get his family the money. There may also be a tax break in it for his family depending on how its done. I would be willing to do what ever is needed if you think this is an option. we could set up a bank account or even a go fund me page to collect the money.

also people who wanted to donate more could have more chances like a typical raffle. I have to imagine some folks here would spend $100 for 10 chances to win a car.

Quote Originally Posted by HCBERICH View Post
    also people who wanted to donate more could have more chances like a typical raffle. I have to imagine some folks here would spend $100 for 10 chances to win a car.

Count me in. I would think that it would be much easier to get 325 to contribute in a raffle for $20. Would be great.

Blog Entries

I'd mail in a $20 check to get in on it. Even if the raffle went nowhere, as long as Travis' family wound up with the money, I'd be good with that.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Quote Originally Posted by brianj View Post
    I'd mail in a $20 check to get in on it. Even if the raffle went nowhere, as long as Travis' family wound up with the money, I'd be good with that.
    I'm good with that too.
    Rob

can we get someone with some authority on here to accept the money, we could start a new thread and only post what you are sending. That way its on the up and up. or we could start a bank account for the family and add all the monies into that. I would be willing to put up a large chunk of the money up front in order to get Travis' wife what she needs. If a couple of us do that we can pay her now, and then spend a few weeks getting people to buy chances.
    This could actually be done reasonably easy and quickly if we have enough interest. I think it would be cool to have the car go to someone on the forum.

I'm in too, it would look awesome in any members corral. Great cause.

FEP Senior Member

I think it's a great idea. Now, how does it get done?
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

I will do some of the leg work. I just need to talk to one of the bosses here on FEP. I am not sure who they are exactly so if anyone knows please reach out to them or me. once they say its good to go I will call the guy who is listing the car for sale. we could set up the bank account down there where Travis' family lives. There are several ways to get the money in there.

Im in / I think $20 tickets would be fair
    1 of 3 1985 Silver Grand Prix Capr's
    My first New car and still own 1986 Capri

I'm in too, 20$ a ticket is reasonable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'd definitely be in. Aside from a gentlmens agreement, I wonder how to get around paying taxes on a $6500 'prize'. You know, because I'm going to win!

I just spoke with the gentleman Troy who is handling the car for Travis' wife. He loves the idea. So we will be working out a plan. Stay tuned.

Grab a roll of tickets from staples, sell them off do a live facebook drawing. Biggity bam! ( there's a tad more I know) just let me know where to send the check

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd chance cobra View Post
    Grab a roll of tickets from staples, sell them off do a live facebook drawing. Biggity bam! ( there's a tad more I know) just let me know where to send the check
    Raffle sounds wonderful, keep us posted. Ready to contribute to this great cause.

Great idea! I'm in. Always up for another 84 in my driveway and helping out a family in need
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast