Close

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    New User

Deleted
    Last edited by eddo617; 02-25-2017 at 02:37 PM.

still working on the final plan for the selection. Please hang in there. We should be getting this done soon. I will keep you posted!

Thanks
    Harry

Another idea would be to use a random number generator. I believe Google has one you can enter the available number range then select generate and there you go!! Could even do it live on face book

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    1983 Capri RS 351W 5spd - Sunday Driver
    1984 Mustang LX 351W 5spd - Sold
    1985 Pontiac Fiero V6 5spd - Sold
    1995 Impala SS 5.3l Auto - Sold
    1995 Saturn SC2 Race built Turbo setup - Sold
    2004 VW Passat W8 6spd - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by eddo617 View Post
    I think you guys have plenty of stangs and plenty on your plate right now with those two other fox builds, but seriously nice cars and nice projects
    Im looking from this perspective, I have a 14 yr old that would love a coupe project. My youngest daughter still doesnt have one. I would show Travis's car. Ponies in the Smokies is coming up. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User

I'm cool with just a simple pull your number from a hat drawing, FB or YouTube live is fine, no complications and no trickery with electronics, good old fashioned human interaction

Speaking of Ponies in the Smokies, anyone going?

New User

Deleted
    Last edited by eddo617; 02-25-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjltthomas View Post
    Speaking of Ponies in the Smokies, anyone going?

Stangless, but we will be there. Staying at Whispering Pines.

eddo617 I think you got my post and me all wrong. The Cobra is my sons first off, and there is a lot of 17 yr olds whos father wont get off the couch long enough to help them restore a car. The Saleens are my dads, the coupe is mine. I dont think your jealous of anything. I actually dont understand why your ill. All I was getting at is it would be awesome to go into a show with my sons and their cars, my dad and me with ours. Thats the Mustang family dream. Jealous no your not jealous. And it would be awesome if you would pull that SVO spoiler out and put it on an SVO. But if you have an aluminum front bumper for a 79-80 car put up out there somewhere, no that I would be interested in. Have a Blessed Day sir. May God Bless You.

What's the latest on Travis T's car. More importantly I hope this experience is giving a lot of strength to carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    What's the latest on Travis T's car. More importantly I hope this experience is giving a lot of strength to carry on.
    First and foremost it has definitely given Shannon (and probably a bunch of us) a little something to smile about. It was awesome to see the amazing support by both groups (FEP, and SEFB). Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a spiritual or emotional guy which makes this even more strange. However this really made me realize what great people there are out there. Every one of us that got involved here gave more than just financial support. I had never spoken to Shannon in my life until we started this, but during the first few conversations I really felt her pain. At the beginning she seemed very deflated and almost hesitant due to her lack of hope. As the first week passed I could honestly see her outlook changing slightly. Towards the end of the donation campaign, we spoke almost every day and I could see a change in her. She took on the task of tracking all the donations and creating a spreadsheet which she updated everyday. As important as the needed financial support was I am pretty sure that this outpouring of support gave her a slight sense of involvement with Travis again. Based on a few subtle comments I got from her I really think that you guys gave her a reason to be proud and thankful of the time she did have with him. If nothing else but a few moments a day I think this really helped her gain a small moment of positive thoughts. We can all guess what she goes through every day, or maybe some of have been in her shoes but I am sure any sign of "light" helps. I know we can never ever come close to making her feel whole again, but I am positive that we made her feel a touch of warmth in an otherwise cold battle. As I mentioned earlier, I am the furthest thing from a spiritual, religious, or any other zen like being, but I am 100% sure this helped her and a few of us including me. The fact that someone will have and honor Travis beloved GT is only icing on the cake. Please do not thank me for anything I have done....just soak up what we all did as a group and hopefully it makes you feel a little better about yourself.

I am almost 100% certain that the drawing will be this weekend. Some of the members from SEFB, and FEP will be meeting this weekend and we are trying to get it done from that meeting. If for some reason they can not do it, I will get it done up here. The idea is to have it live on Facebook. Once I get the final plan I will post it here. Please check this thread on Friday to see what the plan is. Unfortunately I have no other way to notify everyone.

I have to say I am proud of being a part of both groups! I am nothing short of amazed at what we all accomplished in so little time. If someone could pass along my thanks to Shannon for her strength through this and allowing a fellow member of these groups to carry on with Travis' car. If I gain possession, I will feel honored to receive such an awesome gift!

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0
    1983 Mustang L T-Top Coupe

I for one am ashamed of myself for not getting my donation sent in before it was too late. But at the same time I am very proud to be a part of this group, and for what those of you from FEP and SEFB that did donate have done for Shannon...and Travis's family. This is one of the coolest things I have seen a car club do for a fellow member. My hats off to all of you that drove this home
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Question?

Has Shannon seen or read any of this thread? I hope she knows that Travis had a much bigger family than they both knew. The one thing I could never get through my ex-wifes head was why I spent so much time or went out of my way for all my "stupid car buddies" or spent so much time doing "stupid car crap". The bond I have with my car friends is stronger than most of my family members and we all would do anything in our powers to help each other. So next time she pulls up to get gas and she sees a hopped up Mustang next to her I hope she thinks to herself " thats one of Travis's brothers right there"
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...83-Tbird-build

Quote Originally Posted by deathbypsi View Post
    Question?

Has Shannon seen or read any of this thread? I hope she knows that Travis had a much bigger family than they both knew. The one thing I could never get through my ex-wifes head was why I spent so much time or went out of my way for all my "stupid car buddies" or spent so much time doing "stupid car crap". The bond I have with my car friends is stronger than most of my family members and we all would do anything in our powers to help each other. So next time she pulls up to get gas and she sees a hopped up Mustang next to her I hope she thinks to herself " thats one of Travis's brothers right there"
    very true and well said!

Official FOX-A-QUE Threads
    : 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009

Question?

She absolutely knows. Some of the comments she has made to me are about that very thing. That's exactly why I wrote what I wrote. She is very aware of how important not only the car was but the comradery was. She has been on the site a couple times and was able to read some of the comments. If you look back at some of the early posts I mention my acknowledgement of the "car culture" as one of, if not "the" best groups of people I have met in my life. I am not sure of why. But just look at this definition I got offline and tell me if it rings a bell!!

Comradery is the spirit of friendship and community in a group, like the comraderyof soldiers at war who keep each other upbeat despite the difficulty of their circumstances. Who is a comrade? A close friend or a fellow soldier — in other words, someone who comes to mind when you say, "We're in this together."

[h=comradery - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com]3[/h]https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/comradery

And Brian.... Nice call about her seeing a foxbody and having it bring maybe a small smile! I am sure that is exactly what will happen!

Its great to see that the goal was met, there is nothing easy about what Shannon and the family are going through. Thankfully we as a whole were able to ease one burden for her and give her something positive to think about. It is great that one of the group is going to carry on the torch. This is really two stories since all the guys got together to finish it for Travis, so thanks go out to those guys too, you did an awesome job and a great thing. Cheers!

Mike
    1982 GT 351W, retro hyd roller, ported Pro Comp heads, Tremec, M2300K brake kit, Recaros...needs paint!
    1984 LX 5.0 Vert *SOLD*
    1993 Cobra #3971 mostly stock *SOLD*
    1966 FFR Cobra replica 383W, Vic Jr heads, Vortech YS, TFS Box intake, 652rwhp, crazy fast!
    1987 GT in MM&FF May of 97 "Not Fade Away" white and purple. Sold 1999

Question?

This is so true! You just can't explain to some people, they just don't get it. My ex is the same way.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Folks it looks like this is going to happen on Saturday. They are making the final plans and I will keep you all posted!

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by HCBERICH View Post
    Please check this thread on Friday to see what the plan is.
    Is there a plan yet?
    '85 GT

OK here is what I know. They are going to do the selection on facebook live. It will be somewhere around 12:00 Noon. It is hard to pin down an exact time because there are a few people involved. It should be right around noon. If you want to view it live send a facebook friend request to the Powercurve Motorsports FB live page. For those of us who will not be able to get that done we will post a video of it later in the day.

Good luck everyone and thank you again for coming together to help Shannon out.

Can you help us non fb users? I think I found it on wife's account but I don't see a friend request, just a follow button. Sorry technology eludes me

If you 'like' the page, it should show up in your news feed when they go live. What I am hoping anyway.

Make sure you turn on notifications.

Jeremy
    83 T-Top coupe
    89 LX 5.0
    16 PP GT
    Jeremy

2016 Mustang PP GT
    1989 Mustang LX 5.0

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast