Close

Default Whats a as new 85 Black GT Worth/........

Guys I have a mint black 1985 Mustang GT...Grey guts,t-tops,full load-yes 5 Speed.25k.AC,PW.
    Right down to the orig radio..Only thing missing is the Gatorbacks and they can be bought new...
    lets here some idea's...
    Again,mint,mint car!!Right color,not sure if the t-tops hurt the deal or not...
    86 GT orig w 39K
    89 LX W Paxton
    69 Chevelle SS

What's the question?....
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Walking-Tall View Post
    What's the question?....
    Umm the question is,what do you guys think its worth??It says that in the title.....
    86 GT orig w 39K
    89 LX W Paxton
    69 Chevelle SS

Quote Originally Posted by rich w View Post
    Umm the question is,what do you guys think its worth??It says that in the title.....
    Oh, the question without question mark? Gotcha.

If you're a marketer, it's worth what you can get for it. Are you selling it?....
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

I had what sounds like your twin car, except mine had 68k. Barn stored most of its life, only thing it needed was a rear main seal as it was leaking from sitting. I sold it this past year, got $4k for it. It was a fun little car and I miss it already. Hope that helps? Post some pics of yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would think 12-15k and the t-tops only helps imo.

Thanks for your input fellows...
    I have owned this car for years.Always had a thing for the 85/86 cars...I basically put it away and never drive it.I start it its been around the block a few times over the years.Its a really nice car!has the orig lead wires on it and what not...I was thinking in the 10k range but yet I wonder if the value will shoot up in the next few years.60's Muscle cars are going through the roof.....So what can you buy thats nice,original turn key and doesnt need a restoration for 10k??Nothing.I honestly feel the 4 eye cars are more closer to muscle cars than the 87 on...IMO.
    rbonif-Interesting you feel the t-tops help,I feel the t-tops represent the cars in that era..I remember so many cars having t-tops..I have a mint 86 GT solid roof as well that I would not have bought if it were t-tops,yet now I feel the tables have turned...
    86 GT orig w 39K
    89 LX W Paxton
    69 Chevelle SS

Post some pictures that will give us a better idea. Exterior, interior, under the hood etc. I've seen a lot of cars advertised as all original and then you see speakers cut into doors, painted trim and headlight buckets etc.

Does it have 25000 miles or kilometres? If it's a Canadian car it will have a 6 digit odometer and cobra on the rear. If it's a 9/10, original paint no issues you should get $12-$15 for it in the states in the spring. With our dollar that's $15-$20 Canadian.

Oh yeah, t tops in an 85 are rare and very desirable.
    Last edited by BlackWatch; 12-25-2016 at 07:17 PM.

10K plus T tops would hurt it for me but its a personal choice
    Mustang Week Staff
    www.mustangweek.com
    1980 Cobra
    1981 coupe 6 cylinder
    1982 GT
    04 Lightning
    14 GT

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWatch View Post
    Post some pictures that will give us a better idea. Exterior, interior, under the hood etc. I've seen a lot of cars advertised as all original and then you see speakers cut into doors, painted trim and headlight buckets etc.

Does it have 25000 miles or kilometres? If it's a Canadian car it will have a 6 digit odometer and cobra on the rear. If it's a 9/10, original paint no issues you should get $12-$15 for it in the states in the spring. With our dollar that's $15-$20 Canadian.

Oh yeah, t tops in an 85 are rare and very desirable.
    No its mint,orig paint no speakers cut in doors,nothing like that.Its a U.S car..Well that gives me some idea,id post pics but it burried and theres snow on the ground and I cant move the cars behind it.I will take pics soon.I guess there is some value there,Ive had a few pm's since I posted this.
    86 GT orig w 39K
    89 LX W Paxton
    69 Chevelle SS

Its a U.S car 5 digit od.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    86 GT orig w 39K
    89 LX W Paxton
    69 Chevelle SS

That pic shows what appears to be an SSP speedo with 20,588 mi showing.

Sowaxeman here has an identical car with super low miles, I suggest that you talk price/marketing with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

Quote Originally Posted by rich w View Post
    Its a U.S car 5 digit od.
    Well, it's a US [cop car] speedo. Were those even an option in non-SSP cars, or was it installed by a previous owner?

I never even noticed they were different???This is my 86 GT Dash..I dont believe the previous owner changed the 85??Yet I agree the civilian cars never had a 140mph speedo...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    86 GT orig w 39K
    89 LX W Paxton
    69 Chevelle SS

Speedo added by previous owner, and unless they also changed the odometer to match the original the displayed mileage is not actual.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I was going to mention 140 mph speedometers as another thing I've seen with these cars when they are advertised as all original. It's almost impossible to prove to any potential buyer that the miles are close to being accurate. Unless there's a receipt and work order from the dealer that shows the 140 mph speedometer being installed at the time of sale it's impossible to prove. Where the car doesn't have the original tires on it I'd say the mileage could easily be 40,000 + miles.
    These speedometers could be ordered from Ford back in the 80s.

Not everyone knows that the cars didn't come with 140 speedometers so an unknowing buyer could be fooled. Post lots of pics when you get a chance.

i have a car very similar to yours but dark charcoal with tops and 5 speed and 24K miles. i got it for just under 10 two years ago. i think i got a great deal. i have original tires and wheels in my basement that are mint too.

Late to the discussion on this one....doesn't appear the OP stuck around to discuss further.

Considering the speedo was changed out, there is no telling what the actual mileage is on this car unless fully documented as mentioned above. Even then it is still someone's word against someone else's. That alone IMO opinion hurts the value unfortunately and takes it out of the "real 20k mile, ORIGINAL car". It may be mint/clean condition, but there is still that bit of doubt. $10k would be tops IMO since we are not talking about a fully original car any longer. And at that price I'd have to put it on a lift to do a full inspection and look for all the tell-tale signs of true low miles, or higher miles.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

It's 85mph. Nothing about that says 140 mph. That is the kmh.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Post #11 shows the (Certified Calibration aka "SSP") 140 mph speedometer, which is in the car in question in this thread (1985 GT). Post #14 is an 85 mph speedometer, which is in another car owned by the original poster (1986 GT).
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

It certainly is a 140mph (non-factory) speedo...look again at post #11 as Mick said. 140 MPH / 230 KPH. I think you were looking at the pic in post #14.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey