Close

Default 85 GT seat question

My upper driver seat has a big tear on seam of side bolster. Can I buy a used passenger seat off say Ebay and use the swap the upper to my driver seat? Thanks

Will it bolt on? Yes. The release latch on the bottom of the back of it will be on the wrong side though. I had a buddy who had a WHOLE passenger seat on his drivers side. They bolt right on. The reclining lever was also on the wrong side though but in a Fox, there is actually enough space there where that isn't even an issue either.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Thanks, I will definitely consider it, given that a good passenger seat is a hell of a lot easier to find than a driver. I'm going to show it to a local upholstery guy first and get his advice maybe he can repair mine. I wish the suppliers would sell just a single cover, $500 is a bit steep for me right now.

To bad you do not live closer as I have 3 sets of canyon red seats here you could have. I bought a set of white with black insert racing seats of ebay for $300.00 shipped and they had to running pony on the head rest. They looked really good in a white and black car and i switched the interior to black. All I had to do was weld a piece of 1.5" wide 1/8" steel to the top of the seat bracket and move the hole over 1" and drill the holes and the racing seats bolted right up and was sturdier than stock.
    1967 mustang coupe -sold
    1967 cougar GT - sold
    1984 Mustang L 5.0L - Totaled
    1984 Mustang GT 5.0L
    2007 Mustang GT convertible ( wifes car)
    1997 F-350 powerstroke
    USMC Retired 1981-2001