Close

Default 79-82 horn bursh assemblies??

Ok guys, I need some help. I finally scavanged all the parts I need for my 79-82 splined column/sports wheel Ill be installing in my 83 mustang the only problem is the column I have doesnt have the horn brushes that are suppose to touch the back of the steeing wheel. The plate that is mounts to is there but i have not burshes or pig tail. Does anyone have and sources i might be able to get a used one from or a part number to see if i can still get a oem from ford (if thats even posible)?
    Last edited by Boost-Gobbler; 12-23-2016 at 10:09 PM.

correction, this column is actually a bit of a Frankinstien, Its a fairmont column, not sure what year, I added the turn signals and wiper controls from my 83. the Sport wheel I have is actually from a bronco, same design as a the early mustang sport wheels except is has a horn bulit into the wheel and not the side of the column. so I guess Ill rig someting up, I found a horn bursh with a pigtail attatched that i might beable to make work, just gotta wait until next pay check.

'79-82 columns had the horn where you would push in the turn signal stalk. That's why it's not there at the wheel. Maybe you can make one work from a later column.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    '79-82 columns had the horn where you would push in the turn signal stalk. That's why it's not there at the wheel. Maybe you can make one work from a later column.
    Thanks and thats the plan, iv done more research and have been looking at what pick i could find in addition to some after market possibilities i may beable to make work and iv found some very plausible ideas. Thanks.