Close

Default Fox platform pick up 1981 Ford Durango

Thinning the heard maybe...looking to see if anyone is interested in purchasing my junk yard jumper.

Bought it with intentions of making my ultimate Hot Rod/Sleeper junk yard runner,by dropping in my spare 331stroker,tko-600,tubular K-member and built 8.8.

lately been acquiring to much junk and needing more space.
    so if I can sell a few of my projects to a good home so be it.

I did purchase this truck from a wrecking yard and don't have a title to it as of yet,because I'll have to do brake light and safety inspections along with smog inspection in this great state of Ca.I do on the other hand have a DMV Bill of sale.

There is some body damage one dent to the side of the door and b pulled from being moved with a forklift and one small dent on the front edge of the hood.They also removed the catalytic converter and fluids.
    I have put new oil in it and replaced the oil filter.With a new battery it fired right up and idled in case someone has intentions of restoring it to its original form.Has no cancer and minimal rust after all it is a inland Ca car.

$3000 Obo in the shape it is in or I'll keep it located in Biggs,CaName:  IMG_1180.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  96.5 KBName:  IMG_1179.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  80.3 KBName:  IMG_1178.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  99.7 KBName:  IMG_1177.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  121.7 KBName:  IMG_1176.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  108.0 KB

FEP Super Member

That is a mighty rare truck .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Hmm, potential.

Engine: 4, 6, 8? How about a pic of the door tag and the buck tag?

DMV bill of sale is issued by the wrecking yard or the state? You have to pass smog to get a title?

Tonneau snaps in the rear side trim? Missing the tailgate stainless?

Looks like exterior accent group, interior décor group. Air, cruise, manual windows, console with deluxe buckets, pin striping, tinted glass, what else?

A little help would be appreciated.

edit: added:

Strange that the bed liner/insert isn't body color (any apparent reason?). Does the tailgate operate properly (pic?)?

Mike
    Last edited by 4-barrel Mike; 12-23-2016 at 01:07 AM.

FEP Super Member

Where is this located ?
    I do see a sun roof also ...

Mike-
    the engine is the 3.3l 200ci 6 cylinder.The bill of sale would be issued by the owner(wrecking yard)unless the DMV owned it...The title could be obtained as title only but in the times past I haven't been able to get one from this great state as they like to hold them hostage until you complete all nessary paperwork and pay fees.the biggest hold up is having taillights for the safety inspection.

the bed has a spray bed liner and tail gate functions with a little help one latch hangs up.Stainless gate trim is gone.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

@Utte2, thanks. I need to check with the bureaucrats at Oregon DMV.

@Ashley, he's in Biggs CA which would make an easy one-day roundtrip for you.

Mike

FEP Super Member

Thanks Mike, I will have to pass at this time , I have too many projects already and am about of room.
    Is whittle original color, or has it had a color change ?
    Looks like a paint edge on the door tag .
    Looks like maybe it was Black or Blue ?

Roachclip
    looks as the original paint was light medium blue,but looks like the if it was painted during the conversion at coachworks being that the paint is white under the "Do not operate with tailgate in down position"sticker.but I'm not sure how this was done.

Here is the buck tag and a shot of the tailgate down.After further research it looks as if the original paint was medium light blue with a darker blue bottom two tone paint scheme.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

FEP User

more info?
    only 9 posts on this rig?