Close

Default coilovers/strut/shock settings for drag racing

I recently purchased and 86 lx hatch that has coilovers in the front with strange adjustables in the front and rear. where should be a starting point for 60'??

http://www.strangeengineering.net/mu...e-drag-shocks/

I don't have coil overs, but I have Strange 10 ways. I have the rears around 5 clicks and the fronts around 3. At the track I go to 1 in the front but I don't like how bouncy it is on the expressway. I have no idea what you have for springs but this is what I like with my car and Steeda sport lowering springs.

Cale

thanks for the link. i have no clue what springs either. i have looked at the coil over springs and rear springs in hopes of some identification but found nothing. if anyone has ideas on how to find out i would love to know!!

I have Team Z coil overs with adjustable shocks/struts on all four corners. Like cb84capri I found 5 clicks on the rear shocks and 3 clicks on the struts to work best most of the time.

As to the height of the springs, I set the rears as low as I could without the slicks rubbing which was about half way. The fronts are about 3/4 of the way to the top to get the ride height I wanted.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

My car is slow (13.60) ANNNND an AOD with a 2400 stall, so I go full loose on the front and full soft on the back as I need as much help as I can get.
    1985 GT- “Stock-ish” 5.0 motor, AOD/ trans brake. 12.68 @ 10131mph.

For my car I set the front at 2 and the right rear on 8, left rear on 6. This is the band aide way to keep the car leaving straight. If I go softer on the rear shock settings , I will get severe wheel hop. Everyone seems to have close to the same settings. You still have to fine tune to get the most from the shocks. I've been 10.80's @ 129 with a 6 speed and I'm still tuning. I also stiffen the front up for the ride back home. I've had lakewood 90/10's and those things will have your car all over the road, especially in a panic situation.
    Last edited by srad2drag; 12-23-2016 at 01:59 AM.
    86 coupe
    1993 GT
    My 10 Sec street cars