Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default TT 1983 Camaro for 1979-86 Mustang

Delete if not allowed. I am looking to trade a Twin Turbocharged Z28 for a built Mustang LX or Gt.

Specifications for this 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

ENGINE: Chevrolet 3970010 4 bolt main block bored .030" over.
    GM forged crankshaft-Eagle forged H Beam connecting rods
    SRP dished forged pistons with moly piston rings-clevite main and connecting rod bearings as well as cam bearings. ARP main bolts.
    Comp Cams nx274hr camshaft-Patriot 200 cc aluminum cylinder heads with Howards dual valve springs-Comp cams 1.5 roller tipped rockers with 7.400 Hardened pushrods
    MLS Headgaskets-NGK spark plugs{please use only those no matter what}
    Holley Stealth Ram intake with 58 mm twin throttle body-Holley HP EFI with a 3 Bar map sensor-MSD Streetfire distributor and ignition coil-Moroso under header spark plug wires with boot protectors

FUEL SYSTEM: Racetronix dual 340 lph fuel pumps-braided -8an feed and return lines
    Kirban adjustable fuel pressure regulator{boost referenced} 70 # fuel injectors

Turbo Setup: Master power 60 trim turbos-Tial 38 mm waste gates-50 mm blow off valve-custom hot and cold side setup---Boost is set for 14 psi

Transmission: Lakewood sfi approved bell housing--Spec 5 clutch setup--new hydraulic clutch slave and master--Tremec TKO 600 transmission-Spohn steel drive shaft with 1350 style u joint on the rear and a 1330/1350 front u joint with a 31 spline yoke--modified TKO shifter with 5th gen boot and shifter knob

Rear end is out of a 2002 Camaro SS with 3.23 gear ratio and an Auburn posi. Drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic brake pads. Aftermarket lower control arms and adjustable panhard bar and LCA relocation brackets--moog front and rear coil springs
    Monroe shocks and struts-new front 36mm sway bar and bushings--endlinks-ball joints
    ZR1 Corvette wheels--Ls1 front brake conversion--
    Interior: DNA racing seats--1991-1992 Camaro RS dash --few other things
    The car has 1991-1992 Ground effects and rear spoiler-PRO FAB Tubular k member- relocated battery etc

any questions please feel free to ask away. Thank you
    I do have more pictures but they are on my cell phone and I can send them if whomever is really interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by LX89NOTCHBACK; 12-18-2016 at 11:28 PM. Reason: location added

Nice car!

Thank you...I have had it for a long time and a few members on here know me as well. I am looking to get back into another Mustang again.

Blog Entries

Off topic for the trade, but how did that nitrous cam work out with boost? I've been debating going the same route with a nitrous cam on mine.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Quote Originally Posted by brianj View Post
    Off topic for the trade, but how did that nitrous cam work out with boost? I've been debating going the same route with a nitrous cam on mine.
    Works pretty damn good sir. Went with it for the longer lobe separation angle .

Neither here nor there

We will find you that perfect Stang by spring Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    We will find you that perfect Stang by spring Steve
    I am hoping so Jeff. It would be nice.

Nice Z, digging the 96 Vette GS look. I had a few thirdgen Firebirds. I like switching back and forth between those and Foxes. Good luck searching!
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

Quote Originally Posted by vxr500 View Post
    Nice Z, digging the 96 Vette GS look. I had a few thirdgen Firebirds. I like switching back and forth between those and Foxes. Good luck searching!
    Thank you

Well you see technically.......... Your Camaro has 4 eyes.

WELCOME TO FOUREYEDPRIDE

that's how this works?.... right guys???... :P

Haha and Thanks

You will definitely find a nice four eye come Spring time Steve. I just know it!
    ~Paul

1982 Mustang GT
    1983 Mustang GT TTop
    1985 Mustang LX 5.0 Notchback
    1995 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
    www.cardomain.com/id/mustang4life1985

I hope so Paul. I really do.

To the top>

to the top for today.

Love your car, and that color - wowza, harkens me back to my 87 Firebird.

Can you be more clear on what you are looking in trade ? What level of "built up" you are looking for, do you prefer T-tops, verts, hatch, etc

I'm asking as I know a few people in the F body side of things that would love your car
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Quote Originally Posted by BTD View Post
    Love your car, and that color - wowza, harkens me back to my 87 Firebird.

Can you be more clear on what you are looking in trade ? What level of "built up" you are looking for, do you prefer T-tops, verts, hatch, etc

I'm asking as I know a few people in the F body side of things that would love your car
    Thank you very much. I would like either a t top,hatch or notch Mustang or Capri. Convertibles aren't my thing. Prefer a manual transmission car and as far as the built up portion I would like it to have 450-600 hp. pretty much looking for something I can eventually build up for more power. I know the stock block isn't that well designed for high hp applications.

I can't get over how small the world is... I have the old driveshaft out of this car. Nice car! Doesn't look like an 83 at all. I also like that it's at stock ride height so you can actually pull into a driveway and get a jack under it.

I don't want to derail this thread, but I'm curious what you had to do and use to put the tko600 in? I have a 3550 that I'd like to put in my 88. I get nowhere asking questions on tgo...

Cale

Quote Originally Posted by cb84capri View Post
    I can't get over how small the world is... I have the old driveshaft out of this car. Nice car! Doesn't look like an 83 at all. I also like that it's at stock ride height so you can actually pull into a driveway and get a jack under it.

I don't want to derail this thread, but I'm curious what you had to do and use to put the tko600 in? I have a 3550 that I'd like to put in my 88. I get nowhere asking questions on tgo...

Cale
    Send me a pm about the tko 600 fitment....and did you buy the driveshaft on another forum?

Yeah on thirdgen.org.

Cale

Quote Originally Posted by cb84capri View Post
    Yeah on thirdgen.org.

Cale
    CLEAN OUT YOUR MESSAGES FOLDER!!! lol

oops, sorry! didn't realize it was full.

Cale

After New Years bump

to the top

Wow that is nice. One of my good friends has always been into 3rd Gen Camaros so we always had a choice what we were going to take out. It was the best of both worlds! I appreciate those too. Good luck!
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast