Close

Wink new guy here from Switzerland

Hallo FEP people,

I have been here since Oct but just found the thread and message!

Since May I am the proud owner of a 1979 Coupe 2.8 V6 which is totally original with 64.000km and I am only the 2nd owner. The original owner bought the car from an import dealer here in Switzerland and he has really cherished this car, which I thank him for, he is 86 now and given up driving. The car has veteran status here, as long as I keep it original which is my plan as it is a "survivor" car.

However I have installed the LMR wheels, which has enabled me to put some normal priced tires on it, I am keeping the original wheels and tires which are in good condition to put on when I take it for its mechnical test (so the car will be original).

I am a British guy living and working in Switzerland, I am a licensed aircraft engine technician so if you are ever fly into Basel Airport give me a shout!

I am totally a Ford guy, my first car (when I passed my test in 1977.... yes old guy!) was a Capri Mk1 I then proceeded through more Capri's also I have had F150's and other American and European Fords, my daily driver is a Ranger.

I wish you all a Happy Christmas and safe driving for 2017
    Cheers
    Steve
    People who say it cannot be done should not get in the way of the people doing it!

1979 Mustang 2.8V6
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 limited

Welcome to FEP. Nice looking ride. And Merry Christmas to you also from a all Ford guy also.
    Bob
    1967 mustang coupe -sold
    1967 cougar GT - sold
    1984 Mustang L 5.0L - Totaled
    1984 Mustang GT 5.0L
    2007 Mustang GT convertible ( wifes car)
    1997 F-350 powerstroke
    USMC Retired 1981-2001

Default Kölner Veteran

Hi Steve

welcome and congrats, that's a very nice and rare car! I'm quite often in Basel so we should meet one day. I'll post soon some stuff about my new baby, probably the last one for loooong time I hope ;-) . It's a '79 coupe V8 Veteran, can't wait to get her this week.

Cheers,
    Pete
    '79 Ghia 5.0 notch, '94 C4 6-sp vert (sold), '95 Cobra coupe w/Vortech SC (sold), '88 GT 5-sp vert (sold), '86 GT 5-sp vert (sold)

nickname: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCFM5rUfuI

Hallo Stickshift Pete

would be great to meet up! maybe next year we could start a Swiss chapter of FEP

I live about 20km's from Basel towards Zurich

cheers
    Steve
    People who say it cannot be done should not get in the way of the people doing it!

1979 Mustang 2.8V6
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 limited

Apenas que como superar crise no casamento - http://www.eusouomelhor.com.br/, instante ele este acontecendo por hora bem complexo na vida lhe dentro de alistamento a indispensável.