Close

Thread: No option cars

Default No option cars

Just curious if there is a list of every option that was available for the early foxbody cars? What are the least option cars you have seen? Have been wanting to find a t-top coupe for a while or a super low optioned coupe. There was a coupe in Maine on craigslist that didn't even come with a factory passenger side mirror and it got me thinking about the low option cars again.
    Looking to buy a 1981-84 T-Top Coupe. Any motor, transmission, or color. Let me know what you have or find!

Got a specific year in mind? Each year was different.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Might want to try posting this in the "general" area of the site instead of the "Other Early Fox Discussion" area for more responses.

My '78 box top is pretty close to a no option car; the only two options I think it has are the I6 and the passenger side mirror. There's no power steering or brakes, and both bumpers are smooth. It even came with a radio delete plate!
    '78 Fairmont Box Top w/Straight 6/3-spd Manual Everything
    '81 Zephyr Wagon 4/4-spd
    '84 Mustang SVO 5.0 Swapped semi-junker (I didn't do it!)
    MAF, GT-40, BBK Shorties

My Zephyr has 4 options. Power steering and brakes, A/C, and automatic transmission. There was nothing else extra not even a radio.
    Matt
    1984 Thunderbird -- 1989 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake, Edelbrock 600 4bbl, 85 Mustang dizzy, Jegs o/r h pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Mustang AOD & shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Mustang front & rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 TC struts & shocks, and Mustang 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT hatch -- Explorer intake, GT40 heads with Trick Flow spring kit, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, 70mm MAF, 70mm throttle body, o/r H pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 Deluxe handle, clutch quadrant & firewall adjuster, and 3.27s
    (86 Mercury Cougar 5.0, 89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 80 Mercury Zephyr 4 door) sold

Years ago I an '81 Fairmont 4 door 2.3L stick, manual steering and brakes, no a/c, radio delete, all it had was the Exterior Decor Group and cloth seats. That was it ! Also had a '79 Fairmont wagon that had all of 4 options, 3.3L with a/t, power brakes, and trailer tow.
    1985 Mercury Marquis LTS... "The Unicorn"
    1978 Fairmont... 306 and a C4.