Close

Default Anyone EFI'd and LTD LX?

My plan was to transplant the GT40 5.0, wiring harness, along with the trans out of my 99' explorer and put in a foxbody 8.8 rear. Well after taking a closer look the foxbody fuel tank is a lot different. Not really looking to go carb on this build and was wanting to run the stock fuel tank. Anyone done a swap similar to this? If so what pump was used?

The LTD LX is fuel injected, isn't it? What's the problem?

Mike

Yeah, with a CFI car, you're far ahead of the game vs. what i started with on my Zeph. All you need to do fueltank-wise is pull out your hanger/sending unit and transplant on a high pressure pump from a SEFI car. VERY easy.

Also, for the finer points of doing a GT40 SEFI swap on an LTD LX, LTDScott is your guy!
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Thanks wasn't sure if the hanger would hold a 5.0 (style) pump or not.

What kind of fuel mileage do you get out of your Zephyr?

Quote Originally Posted by Flamedhatch View Post
    Thanks wasn't sure if the hanger would hold a 5.0 (style) pump or not.

What kind of fuel mileage do you get out of your Zephyr?
    Yeah, you'll have to cut the feed pipe to make room for the taller pump, but it's doable.

I actually couldn't tell you. Mine is always in pieces for one reason or another. I'm really hoping that changes soon. I don't have any big projects on the horizon for next year though, so maybe we'll find out then.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Redneck Riviera, Fort Walton Beach Florida

I did mine, it's probably easier to use a fox processsor and harness. I made a spreadsheet with the different wires on the LTD and the 90 fox harness I used. If you want it let me know your email address and I'll send it to you.
    1985 LTD LX, Mach1 brakes, 17" Mopar police car wheels. 302, T5, 4.10s
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1986 FHP coupe, stock shortblock, TW heads, Holley SMII intake, 4.88, T5Z
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

Default He might not but I would!

Quote Originally Posted by David Claflin View Post
    I did mine, it's probably easier to use a fox processsor and harness. I made a spreadsheet with the different wires on the LTD and the 90 fox harness I used. If you want it let me know your email address and I'll send it to you.
    I’m rebuilding a ‘85 country squire and having to re-wire damn near everything in the dash and under the hood.🤭😱🥵
    May have bitten off more than I was ready for but forward i March!

My LTD is SEFI and uses a regular mustang 190lph pump on the stock hanger. Just cut down the feed tube and use a short piece of hose to connect it. For engine control I skipped piecing together factory stuff and went straight to Term X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

I get 18/19 on the blown stroker if I am nice to it. That's rural roads with 40-50 MPH speed limits, and some lights here and there for half of it and highway for the other half (of which I do about 75), about a 2 hour round trip.

You do also have to move fuel filter if you want to run true duals (at least I did starting with a 3.. I moved it here.
    (also redid entire fuel lines in 3/8 alum tube).

Last edited by OX1; 03-22-2021 at 05:38 AM.
    86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

Default Anyone EFI'd and LTD LX?

What OX1 said is also correct, true duals means moving the pump/filter assembly. I also put my filter in that location, and ran all new nylon hoses from pump to tank (don’t recommend it, stuff is a monstrous PITA). I used a stock mustang filter bracket for mine too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs