Close

Default 83 Marquis I6-200 Motor Mount

Hey everyone,

I have an 83 Marquis with a bad front, driver's side motor mount. Simple enough repair, but the problem is actually finding THIS particular mount. Anywhere I look online, whether an auto parts site or not, the part that comes up does NOT match or fit what is currently on the car.

I have a service manual that includes a diagram and part number for the mount (LH 6B032). That part number brings up very little online. I've personally gone into a local O'Reilly's and they searched their online and paper catalogs. In their book catalog, the listing for my car/specs (83 Marquis - I6 200) doesn't even offer a front engine mount, so technically they don't sell it which is weird considering their site (and all the others) gives me an "exact fit" for the wrong part. Also, the front LH and RH mounts are supposed to be interchangeable.

I've checked other fox body cars with the I6 and they either come up with the wrong part I get, or it's a different mount entirely. The mount for the 3.8 V6 is similar in style, but it's not an option. If anyone has a suggestion on where to find this or CAN find it, I'd really appreciate the help.

Name:  20161025_175116.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  89.6 KBName:  20161021_162135.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  66.8 KB

From info I have, the F150 4.9 Y code in line six should be the same mount.

IIRC, There was a running change, but you can use any Fox 1978 to 1983, T, B or X vin code mount.

The changes the pin arrangement for safety in a crash. The mount has to submarine the engine in a 30 mph crash into a 200 ton cement block.

In Fords Basic Part Number (BPU) system, "ITS A SIDE ENGINE MOUNT", there is no front...

Left or right, it carries a suffix.

In line 3.3's are the least understood engines. They were always someting of an artificial inventory "gap filler" for the 3.8's and 5.0s, but were subject to changes in crash regulations. Counter wally's won't know the changes from 1978 to 1983 Foxes, but you sure can do

a 78-79 T code 3.3 Fox body
    or 80-82 B code 3.3 Fox body

version

These days, noo one in parts can sell you something that isn't a direct fit.

I'd just find a 1979 -1981 Mustang 3.3 mount, and, otentially, its engine block bracket if you get no luck.

Exact matches kind of make it a blind alley, you need your counter man to "look outside the square" for you.

Good fortune!

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    In Fords Basic Part Number (BPU) system, "ITS A SIDE ENGINE MOUNT", there is no front...

Left or right, it carries a suffix.

In line 3.3's are the least understood engines. They were always someting of an artificial inventory "gap filler" for the 3.8's and 5.0s, but were subject to changes in crash regulations. Counter wally's won't know the changes from 1978 to 1983 Foxes, but you sure can do

a 78-79 T code 3.3 Fox body
    or 80-82 B code 3.3 Fox body

version

These days, noo one in parts can sell you something that isn't a direct fit.

I'd just find a 1979 -1981 Mustang 3.3 mount, and, otentially, its engine block bracket if you get no luck.

Exact matches kind of make it a blind alley, you need your counter man to "look outside the square" for you.

Good fortune!
    Thanks for the info! I'll do some more research with that to see what I can find. I knew there had to be compatible parts, but you're right about the 3.3. It is does seem to be the odd child for some things. The fact that it was only put in this car for 1 year doesn't help either.

Thanks again. I'll definitely be back with my results and/or more questions!

This is not a sale or offer, but there is a component match here.

See http://www.vintageinlines.com/produc...5-9ea7c0c29118

Motor Mount 2385- '78-'83- Pair
    SKU: COR-MT-2385-PR

Fits the following applications:
    Mustang 79-83 (200ci) Right & Left
    Fairmont 78-83 (200ci) Right & Left

That might be just what you need