Close

Default Interior Quarter panel for 83 Vert

Ok all,

I'm new and have paged through some interior forums but have a question I haven't seen covered yet. Can you get replacement interior quarter panels for an 83 Vert? I have seen many threads discussing trying to adapt other years in existing location but does anybody have a lead for sourcing replacement ones? Mine are rather destroyed and not repairable. Thanks.,

They are not reproduced and NOS are most assuredly not available any longer, so your only source is used. If you place a want ad in the classifieds someone here may have some.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Senior Member

if my memory serves, this is a 1 year only part.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy1500 View Post
    if my memory serves, this is a 1 year only part.
    The only part of the quarter panel on an 83 that is unique to that year is the seat belt bezel...which is basically a junkyard find item. I believe that the rest of the panel assembly is the same for 83-86 and some later model cars up through 89.
    Bryan

1983 Mustang GLX Convertible

I appreciate all the info guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is my problem. Anybody from my area could tell you that I'm in the capital of SALT CITY USA (lol). I am in the middle of a snow belt that sees routine snow through the winter (4-8 inches a day) could be possible. As you can all imagine that means more salt , brine, or melting agent to treat the roads and we all know that translates into short life expectancies for our cars.

What I'm getting at..... most of all of our junkyards in this state are all filled with vehicles that are 10 years old or newer (that seams to be the max life expectancy of a car around here) and usually completely rusted through. I have contacted several junkyards in the state and all have laughed at me on the other end of the phone and stated it is a fantasy to see a car pre 2000 let alone a rare 83 Mustang. I have heard of junkyards in the warmer climates having older and Mustang related choices such as in Texas, Nevada, California, Etc.. but I don't even know where to start. Any ideas?? I am even willing to pay someone from one of those areas to search, find, remove, and ship to me (provided I can trust). Any thoughts?? I have quickly found on FEP that many of you are seasoned veterans and have great connections and resources. I guess I would even be willing to make a trip but my occupation doesn't give me a whole lot of off time. Thanks for any words of wisdom.

A WTB post in the classifieds will be your friend on this forum...might help you find some parts from outside this wonderful Rust Belt that we live in. You could also contact Frankenstang on ebay....he has a warehouse of useable Fox pieces here in Franklin, IN. Could be a long-shot but worth the question.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Is this what you are looking for?
    http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_mu...FYEehgod6QkDrg
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

Quote Originally Posted by smitty54 View Post
    That EXACTLY what I'm looking for!!! Awesome!! Thanks for the help guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by smitty54 View Post
    I was trying to find that too. They used to sell on eBay, but the last time they had a listing was last year for those quarter panels. I emailed them once to ask them to send me vinyl and carpet samples to make sure that they would match. They look great, but it's just having the money when you need it.
    Bryan

Ok all update... I actually clamped down and purchased from MACS (through the link posted) last Friday and was told that they will be made to order and shipped. I got a phone call an hour ago and they stated that the vendor discontinued the part and now I'm back at the drawing board. Anybody else have any ideas for new parts as to where I can source new quarter panels? I'm not against a WTB post but was in hopes of purchasing new.

Are your quarter panels completely missing, or just in need of restoration? The original vendor for those panels was Pony Parts Plus. I checked their eBay shop...the last time they sold the panels was in a listing from January of 2015. They don't have a website, but they do have a Facebook page. You might want to message them directly and see if they can help or recommend someone.

Nobody else makes these new, at least not as a complete unit. If your are in good shape, you can buy replacement carpet from most Fox Mustang parts vendors. If the vinyl on the upper part of the panel is in good shape and just needs refreshing, or a color change, you can buy SEM Products vinyl spray dye for that. The armrest is soft vinyl and can be redyed as well. Now, if the vinyl skin on her panel is nicked or damaged beyond repair, then any automotive interior shop can strip and recover them for you.

If your rear quarter panels are completely gone, there are a number of used panels that you can restore. Average cost for a pair is between 150 - 200 dollars.
    Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini1999 View Post
    Are your quarter panels completely missing, or just in need of restoration? The original vendor for those panels was Pony Parts Plus. I checked their eBay shop...the last time they sold the panels was in a listing from January of 2015. They don't have a website, but they do have a Facebook page. You might want to message them directly and see if they can help or recommend someone.

Nobody else makes these new, at least not as a complete unit. If your are in good shape, you can buy replacement carpet from most Fox Mustang parts vendors. If the vinyl on the upper part of the panel is in good shape and just needs refreshing, or a color change, you can buy SEM Products vinyl spray dye for that. The armrest is soft vinyl and can be redyed as well. Now, if the vinyl skin on her panel is nicked or damaged beyond repair, then any automotive interior shop can strip and recover them for you.

If your rear quarter panels are completely gone, there are a number of used panels that you can restore. Average cost for a pair is between 150 - 200 dollars.

Thanks Bryan. I do have the current quarter panels but are TRASHED. The inside backing is all broken up, vinyl peeling off, and have been obviously been repaired several times in the past. I spoke with a guy from MACS today and he said that there are a few still making new but not many. I have googled until blisters have formed and have nothing!! I will follow your facebook lead. Other than that not sure what to do yet.

FYI, I followed up with the Facebook lead and did not help. I received a reply from them today stating that the vendor has discontinued all of them until further notice.