Close

Default Project drift car!

Well I'm back! Capri was traded for a 93 CHP SSP coupe, but due to personal reasons had to sell the coupe. Well now I got lucky and a buddy of mine had this 86 coupe laying around he couldn't get rid of, so I took it off his hands! Car is a roller with an 8.8. plans are to turn this thing into a drift car/ autocross car since there isn't many Fox's out doing that stuff. Will be going 5 lug with a dual rear caliper setup for the rear brakes. Also will doing a lot of Scott rod panels in this car as well. Will be dropping a EFI maf 302 with t5 in or going all out and swapping a mark VIII into it or possibly a 460. Well here's a pic! Will get some more later.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

FEP Senior Member

Look up Dylan Troxell at Troxell Auto (he's on Instagram and Facebook). He drifts a convertible Fox.
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Basin Motorsports View Post
    Look up Dylan Troxell at Troxell Auto (he's on Instagram and Facebook). He drifts a convertible Fox.
    Definitely have seen his car and spoke with him a couple times about mods and whatnot. I'm in foxbody addicts on FB and see him post quite often. I've seen a couple of companies that offer some spindles for our cars, but they are super expensive. First thing is to get some sort of brakes for now. I might just fix the stock ebrake so there's at least something lol. I have a buddy with a full 5 lug setup that I may pick up from him. I may go with a 96+ front setup due to them being readily available. I know it makes the wheel stick out a little more, but honestly it isn't too bad.

Very cool project, look forward to seeing some progress on it. Good choice on using the scott rod panels I just put some in the engine bay of my 86 coupe, they make excellent quality parts everything fit perfect. Good luck with everything.

the "fmc drift" page on facebook is full of great info and even better members that are willing to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by kubitzford View Post
    the "fmc drift" page on facebook is full of great info and even better members that are willing to help out.
    Sweet will be checking it out! Been looking at a couple of kmembers local to me and may be picking one up this weekend. A buddy of mine has the ecu portion of the harness with maf conversion already done, so I'll be picking that up this weekend. He also is gonna throw in the injector harness too. Slowly and surely this thing will be making some progress. After I get all the harness stuff I'm gonna go ahead and start running all the harness and hooking the dash up.

Well spent a little time on the car today. Ran the headlight portion of the harness and was going to run the body harness, but found some cut and spliced wires going to the fuel pump portion of the harness. Have to fix all that first before running the body harness. Here's a couple pics of my headlight harness all routed.

Does anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for the body harness that goes back to the fuel pump for an 86? I'm gonna go through this weekend to fix all the harness issues and wire the car back up and a diagram would make it a whole lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater4690 View Post
    Does anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for the body harness that goes back to the fuel pump for an 86? I'm gonna go through this weekend to fix all the harness issues and wire the car back up and a diagram would make it a whole lot easier.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...79-1986-in-PDF
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Walking-Tall View Post
    Thanks!!! Knew I should of asked on here and I was right! Now I gotta pull these up on a computer so I can see what I'm working with.

Picked something up today!!

Well here's a small preview. Halfway installed the front spindle just to get it off the 10 hole wheels. An entire front suspension is going to be installed in this car, so halfass work for now is ok lol. By halfass I left the spindle nut loose, didn't install a spacer for the blown struts lol, and didn't put the strut through the strut tower and bolt it down. Looks good though and hopefully can snag some rear axles this week. Will be going 99+ brakes up front for the dual piston PBR calipers, and most likely 99+ rear brakes just to match the years so parts will be easy to remember.

Picked up a couple new things for the drift fox. Some nice svo front seats and the cluster. Will be using the mph portion and that's it to out in my stock cluster.

Well put a little time into it today. Pulled the rear seats out, finished up the 5 lug stuff on the front until I get the brakes and other suspension parts. Put the rear on jackstands until I get my rear 5 lug parts. Hopefully can pick the rear axles up and some disc brakes soon. I have a lead on the drivetrain, but unfortunately right now can't afford to get it which sucks cause it's engine and trans for $250... -_-

FEP Senior Member

Are you using 94/95 front lower control arms, or 96+ with the stock K-member?