Close

Question Engine Builder Question

Hello guys, sorry if this question has been answered somewhere I did do a quick check of the forum but nothing came up for me. I do currently own a 84 SVO and it is going to be my next project/eventual daily. What I need help with is finding a good machine shop to build a mild long block because the original 2.3 has a gaping hole in the side. I have done some google searches as well, but nothing concrete seems to come up as far as long/short blocks go. I do plan on using a aftermarket EGM, and and slightly bigger turbo/more than stock boost, but like I said, this is going to be my permanent daily so I am not looking for anything too radical. Any suggestions you guys have would be great.

P.S. I live in Oklahoma, but not adverse to traveling a distance for a quality block.

I could help you if you lived in Ohio... My dad has a machine shop and we've built a number of 2.3s for the dirt track crowd as well as for my Capri (20 years ago). In my opinion any good machine shop should be able to take good care of you. This motor is not significantly harder to machine or build then any other commonly rebuild American engine.

Are you near OKC? There is a guy Tom Smith there who is a 2.3 madman. Also get on Turboford.org or join the turboford facebook page to find the most guys near you.
    Brian R. of Michigan
    83 TBird 5.0
    88 Ranger 2.3t
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...83-Tbird-build