I ordered a fabric sample from SMS to have my seats redone and although the pattern looks correct the sample appears VERY dark. I guess that leaves me with a few questions. Also, I'm just talking about the insert fabric color, not the whole seat.

Are the seats in my car correct (HA)? They look just like the Mustang GT/Capri RS seats in the cars with black interiors from my fathers old car mags when these cars were new.

Could my seats be faded that much? I know they are a little faded for sure but this seems pretty extreme. My inserts have always looked grey and the sample they sent is more charcoal/black.

Does SMS always supply original fabric or will they supply reproduction or the closest alternative without notice?

If these seats were swapped out of a different 83 what factory colors were available in these sport seats? I've seen the ones I have, red, Crimson Cat and have been told they were also available in Pacific Blue (I have never seen this to my recollection).

Name:  2016-09-14 18.07.17.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  91.1 KB

I wasn't sure if I should post this in INTERIOR or RESTORATION but ultimately I would like to restore these seats and would like the correct fabric or I would just order a kit from TMI. Mods feel free to move this thread if need be.

Once again, thanks in advance. I'll upload a pic of the sample sent against my originals tomorrow if I remember to bring it in to work with me.