Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry peachuer View Post
    Nice
    What shop did you pick for machining?

I'm looking for one in few weeks
    I use vector motorsports out in brighton, they send it out for the machining and then they put it together, they are actually building my dart 331 setup too, the owner is a great guy to deal with and have actually became really good friends with him throughout these builds and all the tuning he has done for me on his dyno. I would always recommend them. Also have had good experience with gregg's Cylinder head in riverview he is another top notch guy.
    Last edited by 86coupe421; 12-30-2018 at 04:23 PM.

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

Thanks for info and advice

Thanks for info and advice
    Your welcome.

Little progress on the engine bay yesterday started welding in the smooth engine bay panels and welding up all the holes on the shock towers. Sprayed everything in primer after I was done welding and grinding.

Name:  20160227_162648.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  116.3 KBName:  20160410_123413.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  151.5 KBName:  20160410_123357.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  151.3 KBName:  20160501_132411.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  130.0 KB

Looks really good, I like the back plates behind the towers, didn't realize he made those.
    1981 T Top Coupe Sold
    1981 Coupe Pastel Chamois
    1987 LX Coupe 1 of 47 Sand Beige
    1965 F100 Crown Vic swapped 5.0 5 speed

Nice progress

Really nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by 91svtcoupe View Post
    Looks really good, I like the back plates behind the towers, didn't realize he made those.
    Thanks, I didn't either I actually went to the scott rod shop it's only about 35 minutes away from me to pick up the front inners and he showed me the rears so I picked those up too. Super nice guy and the fit and finish on his products are excellent.

Nice progress
    Quote Originally Posted by chads84svo View Post
    Really nice work!
    Thanks, really happy with how the engine bay is coming along.

Question...do you cut out the inners or just put Scott Rod panels on top and weld in place?
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Quote Originally Posted by droopie85gt View Post
    Question...do you cut out the inners or just put Scott Rod panels on top and weld in place?
    I did not cut out my inners, just placed em right over. some people do and some people don't it's really what u prefer IMO.

FEP Senior Member

I have seen SRB (Scott Rod Fab) recommend cut out and replacing to limit the rust potential by having two pieces overlayed. Beyond the rust potential, there isn't a lot of reason to need to cut it out.
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

Threw a coat of por15 gloss black on the engine bay and decided I'd rather have more of a satin Flat look. So I sprayed it with a satin black. overall very happly with how it turned out from start to finish.

Name:  20160111_162110.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  141.6 KBName:  20160923_162147.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  114.3 KB

Nice man what a difference

Looks soooo much better, nice work!!

Thanks guys, Picked up a couple parts today for the project, snagged up a 8.8 girdle cover for dirt cheap off of CL. and my soon to be father in law gave me a c4 tranny that he just freshened up, plus a B&M pro ratchet shifter and c4 cable as an early Christmas present lol. It has a 26 spline input shaft, big H servo, red Eagle clutches, heavy duty band, valve body with a trans go shift kit, BTE deep aluminum pan with locking dipstick, and a poly trans mount. Will work perfect if I decide to throw the afr headed 306 back in just to get the notch back on the road again, or I'll upgrade some stuff on it and have it rollerized and beefed up to go behind the 421 windsor stroker. Either way can't complain with getting a free c4 package lol

Name:  20160729_063208.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  88.0 KBName:  20161025_162251.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  117.8 KB

Picked up a brand new set of 4 lug weld rts s71 rims 15x4 fronts and 15x10 rears with 6.5 backspacing with nitto nt555r 275/50/15 drag radials. Prolly gonna swap out the rears to a 60 series or 28" drag radial the 50 series are just a lil too short and doesn't fill up the wheel well how I like it but couldn't pass these up, been wanting these for quite a while.

Name:  20161029_180904.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  124.4 KBName:  20161029_175909.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  81.2 KBName:  20161029_175923-01.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  73.1 KB

Wow a father in law that is on board with your hobby

Does she have a sister ?

Car is looking awesome ,great progress

Wow a father in law that is on board with your hobby

Does she have a sister ?

Car is looking awesome ,great progress
    Thanks, Lol nope she's an only child.

yea he's always been into the hotrod scene and big into mopars, he's in the process of slowly restoring a 68 coronet that him an I pulled out of a crumbling garage over in river rouge last year lol.

I married a only child also but her father is a Chevy guy lol,he's a great guy he helped me a lot and continues too do so but he lets me do stupid crap first then laughs and we fix it
    he has just about everything I need to swap a Chevy into it and I'm so tempted at times (don't hate ) a 377ci small block Chevy and far more options that exist for combos is way to easy I just can't pull myself to do it and my car is just a fun stress reliever not show or super nice decisions decisions lol

Nice score on the 68 sounds like a possible nice investment no matter the condition they pull big money (mopar stuff)

Romeo Craigslist has some 440's and 383's and other mopar stuff for sale looks reasonable on some things also if he doesn't have the motor thing sorted out yet

Your coupe is coming together nicely congrats man

I married a only child also but her father is a Chevy guy lol,he's a great guy he helped me a lot and continues too do so but he lets me do stupid crap first then laughs and we fix it
    he has just about everything I need to swap a Chevy into it and I'm so tempted at times (don't hate ) a 377ci small block Chevy and far more options that exist for combos is way to easy I just can't pull myself to do it and my car is just a fun stress reliever not show or super nice decisions decisions lol

Nice score on the 68 sounds like a possible nice investment no matter the condition they pull big money (mopar stuff)

Romeo Craigslist has some 440's and 383's and other mopar stuff for sale looks reasonable on some things also if he doesn't have the motor thing sorted out yet

Your coupe is coming together nicely congrats man
    Lol thats cool ur father in law is the same way, its fun to have a father in law thats into the hotrod hobby. there's nothing wrong with swapping in whatever motor u want in ur car who cares what people think or say it's all about ur goals and how much money u have to play with and that ur happy with ur car at the end of the day. There is always gonna be haters and jealous ppl no matter what u build lol

Yea his 68 is a lil rough needs new rear quarters and a trunk lid which he just picked up the other day, floors are solid tho, needs tlc everywhere lol, original 318 car he is in the process of building a 383 for it now with a 727 trans. I'll have to find a pic of us pulling it out of the garage it was pretty rough, was sitting in the crumbling garage for 20+ years lol

Last edited by 86coupe421; 12-02-2016 at 09:45 AM.

Reviving this project a Lil bit, I have had zero time to work on my notch as it has been a crazy past few months between continuing the build on my 92 hatchback dart 331 build which is almost done just getting the final tune on the dyno, and purchasing a new home needing tons of work as always lol, and also losing my father a Lil over a month ago to bone cancer Needless to say it's been a crazy/rough few months.

since my last posts I have sold off my 421 windsor stroker and c4 combo to use a down payment on my house purchase, my plans as of right now is to throw the AFR headed 306 back in it and cruise it around for a while and just have fun. Here's a couple pics of her and her new home next to my fiancés 94 f150 lightning.

Name:  20170401_175830.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  107.1 KBName:  20170214_194202.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  98.9 KB

Sorry to hear about your Dad!

Congrats on the new house and hope things settle down a bit for you too!

I completely understand things being crazy and not being able to work on your Fox! I haven't touched my 82 GT since Oct of 2016!

Best of Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my mom last June.

I have a question...did the UPR K member push the wheels forward?
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast