Close

Default 84 SVO - chance to buy

I have a chance to buy this 84 SVO. Its from CA and looks pretty clean. It does not have the Turbo 4 cyl in it but does have a 2.3. Car looks clean. 3000.00 is what he has offered it to me for. Good buy or bad buy?
    Thanks, any comments would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Does not seem like a good deal to me. If the car is absolutely mint and he just threw a plain Jane 2.3 in there because he blew the turbo motor, then MAYBE it's worth close to 3 grand. Still would be highly suspect to me though. But I think you can find a decent running SVO with the right motor in it for under 5 grand if you're patient.
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

To add to the comments above, there are a handful of SVO specific items missing in the interior:
    > driver side fuzzy
    > leather steering wheel
    > Hurst shifter handle
    > 3 switch panel on the console.

If those things don't bother you, then no issue. But if you want the correct pieces you're looking at some decent coin to make it right.

I agree with vxr500, there are better ones to be found. And an SVO without a turbo 2.3 won't be much fun to drive.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

FEP Super Member

I have found several 84 and 1 1986 Svo 's on the west coast , out of the Portland ,Vancouver area for around 6k asking price .
    All look well preserved .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Blog Entries

The only thing that might make this not a bad deal, would be if he still has the intact, complete turbo 2.3, just in need of a rebuild. If you need to start chasing turbo 2.3 parts, it will get to be far more expensive than just buying an unmolested car.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Woody, did you buy this car or hold out for a better one.