Close

Default 1985 Mustang GT wiring harness?

I've been looking at a few sites (painless, ron francis, LMR, etc.) for a complete engine wiring harness for my car and cant find any. There are frayed and broken wires everywhere so I'd prefer to find a complete replacement harness instead of having to repair each individual problem. Does anyone know where I might be able to find something like this?
    1985 Mustang 5.0 T5

Best 1/4 to date: 15.24 @ 91 stock

Last edited by JKengineering; 09-21-2016 at 12:19 PM.
    85 GT - owned since 87

Thank you so much for that!
    1985 Mustang 5.0 T5

Sturg, I know this is pretty old, but what did you end up going with? Ive been trying to figure out some electrical problems on my 85 that the PO had cut up and spliced into. I need the correct wiring for the solenoid, distributor, gauges, pretty much everything.

Quote Originally Posted by doubleg View Post
    Sturg, I know this is pretty old, but what did you end up going with? Ive been trying to figure out some electrical problems on my 85 that the PO had cut up and spliced into. I need the correct wiring for the solenoid, distributor, gauges, pretty much everything.
    I ended up finding a 4 prong connector and rewired it myself for the duraspark. If i remember to I will take a pic of what I ended up doing.... I think part of what you need is linked above. Not sure where you would find a complete harness for the gauges however. The solenoid wiring I can look at and take a pic of for you also. Someone on here has a bunch of wiring schematics I just don't know the link to them.
    1985 Mustang 5.0 T5

The wiring schematics are at the top if this page.

The wiring schematics are at the top if this page.
    Ya thanks, my wiring is really butchered but it looks like i have most of it figured out, or at least i think i do.
    I fired up the car for the first time in some months last night after work. I was totally stoked.