Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah, not a good car for a "flipper." But a damn nice keeper. But I've already spent a good bit on it and want an SN Cobra. We'll see. If it doesn't sell, it's a fun car to drive. And the wife loves it. But, she would like the SN, too. Hell, she loves the '66, just not the lack of A/C.

I get three emails from a guy wanting to look at the car. In one he sent his phone number. In the next a photo of his car. He has a 5.0, SN95 but it's heavily modded, which I don't want, and it's black, which I really don't want. The third says that he would never pay what I'm asking but that he would be willing to trade. In my reply I tell him that I'm not interested in a modified car, but thanks anyway. He replies, "you relise [sic] its [sic] not a mod engine car?" Then he sent another in which he acknowledged what I had meant, and "good luck." This morning I check email and he's sent two more. The first said only, "piece of ****." The second, "Sorry, I didn't mean to send that. And I meant your car not that you were a smartass." LOL. Some people.......

can you send some pics.. old craigslist add wont cut it

There is a video link on the Craigslist ad. Here's the link, too. Probably going to get it painted in a month. The shop that will paint it is under contract doing movie cars for the next month. When it's painted I'll list it on Hemmings for several thousand more. Also, the new "as is" ($9000) price is not negotiable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfoEInIIXyI&t=69s
    Last edited by rose62; 03-02-2017 at 06:42 AM.

Still for sale @ $9000.

FEP Member

I'm shopping for a car like this. Your car is cool but priced too high.

"Your car is cool but priced too high."

I priced it high intentionally due to the fact that I'm not really that hot to sell. So, if I do sell it's going to be worth it. It will get painted soon and the price will go up. I've been looking. At Hemmings, at Autotrader Classic, at all kinds of sites. There simply aren't any of these around with low mileage or that haven't been turned, one way or another, into race cars. Except for the intake, mine is all stock and I have the original intake. Additionally, the entire a/c and heating system is new. That cost me nearly $2K. First year of the big axle and FI, and last year of four-eyes. It has every option except the digital radio and everything works. If I don't get my price, I'll simply keep enjoying it sparingly.
    Last edited by rose62; 04-17-2017 at 11:23 AM.

7. Civility is a must - If you want to haggle with someone on price, do it politely. If you want to tell them how completely off-base you believe their prices are, PM them. If you have questions on why an ad was locked, look over the rules. If the rules don't cover something you have questions on, PM a moderator or administrator. If your ad was locked, it is not a vast conspiracy against your existence. Remember, after all, it's just the Internet.

FEP Member

if you're referring to my comment. I don't believe his price is completely off base. If I did I would of PMed him.
    Last edited by svslow; 04-17-2017 at 08:59 PM.

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by rose62 View Post
    "Your car is cool but priced too high."

I priced it high intentionally due to the fact that I'm not really that hot to sell. So, if I do sell it's going to be worth it. It will get painted soon and the price will go up. I've been looking. At Hemmings, at Autotrader Classic, at all kinds of sites. There simply aren't any of these around with low mileage or that haven't been turned, one way or another, into race cars. Except for the intake, mine is all stock and I have the original intake. Additionally, the entire a/c and heating system is new. That cost me nearly $2K. First year of the big axle and FI, and last year of four-eyes. It has every option except the digital radio and everything works. If I don't get my price, I'll simply keep enjoying it sparingly.
    What I meant was it's priced too high for my budget. Would you be interested in trading for a 1986 SVO ?

No thank you, Slow. Never been a fan.

FEP Member

No thank you, Slow. Never been a fan.
    That's a bold statement. The svo was faster than the GT and your LX in the 80s.

"Slow" was a reference to your screen name, not the speed of an SVO. Sorry if I was unclear.

And I like the SVO's for what they are, but I'm a torque fan and also just love the V8 sound. Ford was going through it's European phase around that time, importing the Merkur XR4ti (with which the SVO shared a rear spoiler design) and the Scorpio and the SVO was the result of that part of management that wanted that influence on the Mustang. But the tech wasn't sufficiently developed and they didn't even go with IRS for the thing. I always thought it was neither fish nor fowl and not a very convincing piece.

Let me be one of the first to compliment you on a fine ride. After reading these posts I cant understand why in the hell everyone takes it upon themselves to be a proclaimed expert on things, price condition,options etc. The common theme here seems to be IF. I had the money,IF I had the storage,IF my old lady allowed it. Lots of ill will, trash talk and really just a waste of everyones time. If you guys don't have the coin leave it alone- When you you get a few nickel's saved up go make an offer on it. Treat the guys sales and cars the way you would want to be treated. Lets try to break the trend of thinking here that all these cars are 3000 dollar throw away cars. They are the next GENERATION muscle cars.

FEP Member

"Slow" was a reference to your screen name, not the speed of an SVO. Sorry if I was unclear.

And I like the SVO's for what they are, but I'm a torque fan and also just love the V8 sound. Ford was going through it's European phase around that time, importing the Merkur XR4ti (with which the SVO shared a rear spoiler design) and the Scorpio and the SVO was the result of that part of management that wanted that influence on the Mustang. But the tech wasn't sufficiently developed and they didn't even go with IRS for the thing. I always thought it was neither fish nor fowl and not a very convincing piece.
    I agree. It didn't make sense that they didn't put IRS in the svo to me. My SVO has a cobra IRS. It makes a huge difference. I really like the v8 sound too which is a reason I want one. I've never driven an xr4ti but I've seen them run down some unsuspecting v8s before. Instant torque is always a plus but the surprise on the competitions face when they hear your turbo is always rewarding also. Your car is really cool. If you decide to get it painted or whatever please post plenty of pictures.

"I agree. It didn't make sense that they didn't put IRS in the svo to me."

I think that as it was, the sticker on those was a bit of a shock even without IRS. So driving up the price by adding it was simply a bridge too far.

The XR4ti's were capable of being a real sleeper and I think the Euro versions were pretty hot out of the box. But again, the Euro styling and the price killed enthusiasm for them here. Ford got a bit ahead of their market, I'm afraid. And yes, SV, post-paint pics will be forthcoming.

427: "
    Lets try to break the trend of thinking here that all these cars are 3000 dollar throw away cars. They are the next GENERATION muscle cars."

Exactly. As I said previously, years ago it was, "$20K for a Boss 302 that needs a paint job?!!? No way!" Now a restore-able shell is that much or more. I might be slightly ahead of the market, but that's intentional.

This car is priced appropriately IMO esp from someone living in the rust belt

FEP Member

Ever end up sold ?

Quote Originally Posted by svslow View Post
    That's a bold statement. The svo was faster than the GT and your LX in the 80s.
    Hmmm, I dunno about that. I think they were pretty close. Maybe around a track, but not straight down one. (not trying to add gas to an almost out fire here. lol)
    1984.5 GT 5.0 5 Speed ANALOG
    BBK Long Tubes/H pipe/FM
    Edelbrock Intake/Holley 600
    8.8 w/FMS 3.73s
    Steeda Shifter

2010 GT 5 Speed DIGITAL
    Track Pack
    Pypes Violator axle back
    Airaid Cold Air

FEP Member

I've never lost to a gt in my svos

Stock off the lot and directly to the track, it's well documented that the 86SVO had a better ET than the GT. But you had to rev the pee out of the SVO to get it to do it!

Take off the intake silencer and turn up the timing on the GT, run a few cycles of premium fuel, etc, new race. Especially if the guy with the SVO isn't running premium.

Or if the front sway bar is disconnected on the GT.... Even worse of a beating if it's not also disconnected on the SVO.

I tangled with a lot of cars when I was younger. My 86GT turned up did unexpectedly well. Good thing because in college race money was food money - I couldn't afford to lose....
    Last edited by erratic50; 07-01-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Well whata ya know, it never sold and he dropped the price a little...
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/c...422318342.html

That's right FF. I found a '97 Cobra in Texas. But, it's sold so the current Craigslist price ($8100) is the new Buy It Now. I haven't put 200 miles on it in the last year. It's at about 66K now. Never got it painted either. A guy in Palmetto agreed to do it for $2500, give or take. But believe it or not he's been so covered up painting cars for a movie studio (!?) that I finally spent the cash replacing my 300K mile Corolla commuter car with a 130K Honda Civic.

That's right FF. I found a '97 Cobra in Texas. But, it's sold so the current Craigslist price ($8100) is the new Buy It Now. I haven't put 200 miles on it in the last year. It's at about 66K now. Never got it painted either. A guy in Palmetto agreed to do it for $2500, give or take. But believe it or not he's been so covered up painting cars for a movie studio (!?) that I finally spent the cash replacing my 300K mile Corolla commuter car with a 130K Honda Civic.
    Well, you're moving in the right direction if you really want to sell...

Well, that's the thing, isn't it? As soon as I sell it, I will regret it. So, I'm going to be very careful about what I'll accept. Don't want to cry about it later like I did with my Mach1 and my '65 fastback and my '66 coupe and......... And frankly, if I would just spend some time on it to get the idle straightened out, I'd probably be driving the hell out of it. That's one reason that I haven't messed with it. Too nice of a car to go racking up tons of miles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast