Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 1986 5.0 lx-$8500

Selling an '86 LX, 5.0 coupe. I've had the car for about a year now and have put about 5K miles on it in that time. All original except for one poorly done repaint (medium canyon red) and an Explorer intake added by the P.O. I received the original intake parts when I bought the car. Has occasional surging idle. No ten-holes, ugly 16" pony wheels with good tires. The car has 63K original miles. Five-speed with power windows, locks, remote trunk and fuel door release, tilt wheel, cruise control, posi rear end, am/fm auto reverse cassette, convenience light option (glove box light, map light and lights in the trunk and under the hood) and A/C. I had the A/C charged before driving the car to Destin (and I got 23 mpg) and by the time we returned it had lost most of its charge. Therefor I had the entire system replaced and updated to 134, including the compressor, evap core, condenser core, high and low pressure lines, heater core and blower motor (I have receipts). Works very well now. No cracks in dash. The grey drivers seat has a split in the bottom and the map pocket is missing from the drivers door panel. Don't think the spare has ever been out of the trunk. As for the price, it's very firm. It's one of 216 canyon red, LX, 5.0s built in 1986. Much of this info is already known to four-eyed fans but I just cut and pasted from my Craigslist ad. I intend to buy an SN95 with the $$. And if I don't sell it (which I doubt that I will), I'm content to keep it. I'm west of Atlanta.
    Last edited by rose62; 04-25-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Any pictures?

Yes, that's it

FEP Member

Nice. Looks like my old 86 I sold earlier this year.

Mine doesn't look near that good. Like the Cobra wheels, too.

FEP Member

Thanks,

Think I'll attach that pic to my ad! Not!

Man she's a beauty.

If it didn't need paint I'd buy it.

Default most recent ad

Well, it does.
    http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/5839401969.html

Doesn't make sense for me to spend $2500-4000 so I can sell it for $9000.
    Last edited by rose62; 11-08-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rose62 View Post
    Well, it does.
    http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/5839401969.html

Doesn't make sense for me to spend $2500-4000 so I can sell it for $9000.
    Exactly!!! Doesn't make sense for someone to buy it for $8500 when it has a bad paint job on it.

Still has the factory radio, awesome!!! I wouldn't mind having that car,any budging on the price?
    86 coupe
    1993 GT
    My 10 Sec street cars

Delete, duplicate
    Last edited by rose62; 11-11-2016 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danh9250 View Post
    Exactly!!! Doesn't make sense for someone to buy it for $8500 when it has a bad paint job on it.
    It's worth what someone will pay. Yes? I've made it clear that I'll keep it if I don't get my price; So, I can count you out?
    Last edited by rose62; 11-09-2016 at 07:52 PM.

"A Boss 302 with crappy paint for 20K!? No Way!" Remember those days? I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfoEInIIXyI
    Last edited by rose62; 11-09-2016 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by srad2drag View Post
    Still has the factory radio, awesome!!! I wouldn't mind having that car,any budging on the price?
    Yeah, I'll knock off $100.

Stick to your guns. Won't be too long and you'll be able to start inching that price UPWARD... and everyone will kick themselves for not jumping on it.

Nice car...I personally don't think the paint is a deal-breaker at that price. I would suggest putting some 10-hole wheels on it first chance you get tho.

"Won't be too long and you'll be able to start inching that price UPWARD... "

That's my thought too.

The hard part is keeping the miles off the durn thing. Fun to drive. And all the conveniences.

Suddenly have two offers at my asking price (not sure if they're both serious, but seems so) and I'm wondering if I under-priced it!

Did they actually come look at it? I would think a serious buyer who comes and see it, would buy it?

Glws
    82 ford fairmont futura
    quicktime turbosystems 70mm turbo
    10.67@128.38

Based on other coupes posted here in the last year or so, I'd take the money and run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

1hotstang

Default coupe still for sale

Quote Originally Posted by rose62 View Post
    Selling an '86 LX, 5.0 coupe. I've had the car for about a year now and have put about 5K miles on it in that time. All original except for one poorly done repaint (medium canyon red) and an Explorer intake added by the P.O. I received the original intake parts when I bought the car. Has occasional surging idle. No ten-holes, ugly 16" pony wheels with good tires. The car has 63K original miles. Five-speed with power windows, locks, remote trunk and fuel door release, tilt wheel, cruise control, posi rear end, am/fm auto reverse cassette, convenience light option (glove box light, map light and lights in the trunk and under the hood) and A/C. I had the A/C charged before driving the car to Destin (and I got 23 mpg) and by the time we returned it had lost most of its charge. Therefor I had the entire system replace and updated to 134, including the compressor, evap core, condenser core, high and low pressure lines, heater core and blower motor (I have receipts). Works very well now. No cracks in dash. The grey drivers seat has a split in the bottom and the map pocket is missing from the drivers door panel. Don't think the spare has ever been out of the trunk. As for the price, it's very firm. It's one of 216 canyon red, LX, 5.0s built in 1986. Much of this info is already known to four-eyed fans but I just cut and pasted from my Craigslist ad. I intend to buy an SN95 with the $$. And if I don't sell it (which I doubt that I will), I'm content to keep it. I'm west of Atlanta.
    iam interested in your 86 coupe do you have a cell i can call you at ?

Quote Originally Posted by slomont View Post
    Did they actually come look at it? I would think a serious buyer who comes and see it, would buy it?

Glws
    It appears I was too optimistic. You'd think I'd have learned by now. People call and text then nothing. But as I've said before, every time someone calls I kind of panic that I might actually sell it!! LOL!

Might be a good car for a paint and body man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast