Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I definitely agree, I've let a few go that I wish I had back. My first car was an 86' 5.0 coupe that I drove to high school in 89'...I sold it in 92' for an 88' coupe and it snowballed from there lol. Anyway, good luck with your sale.

FEP Super Member
    Blog Entries

very cool coupe.

Default Price dropped

Trying to get my hands on a 1966 fastback. $7800

Quote Originally Posted by rose62 View Post
    Trying to get my hands on a 1966 fastback. $7800
    Can you send me pictures of the car?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfoEInIIXyI

This is it. Since the vid, I've installed new rocker sills, seat belt sleeves and a battery.

I don't see what the previous fuss was about, it looks like a nice car for the price, and a heck of a deal with the low mileage. It's a notch so its not for me, but its a nice car. The only thing I would say is that a 240p quality video is a little low for 2018, unless the low res is on my end, it wouldn't let me change it though. good luck with the sale, I do like the red cars with the grey interior.

I don't recall, AscM, what I used to record the vid. Probably, my 720mp Olympus. Or my phone; don't really recall. But, as I state in the CL ad, I paid $4700 for the car then spent $1890 getting every part of the heat and a/c replaced. On top of that I installed two new axles, seat belt sleeves, door sills, window weather strip, wheels and tires (it had 14" wheels on it when I bought it) and a few other minor things. So, I have right at $7500 in the car. I often wonder what people would say if I was asking $6K but the a/c didn't work? Would they think that was a bargain? Anyway, it seems that because there are ragged out GT's everywhere for $3500, that's what I'm supposed to ask for mine. But, if I can't break even, I'll keep it. It sure is fun to drive except for that damn idle surge. I'm pretty sure that is a minor issue, but I'm knee deep in my '66 and this car stays at my rental house, locked up in the garage.

I would love to have your mustang, but I think it’s a little high. For some reason, the 4 eyed coupes don’t have the value of the aero cars. I think the 4700 you paid was fair for both the seller and you the buyer.

With the car the way it is and needing paint I would be all in at 5k. It’s hard to get the money back we put into our cars.

The good thing is, if you can’t get what you want you will still have a nice coupe.
    82 ford fairmont futura
    quicktime turbosystems 70mm turbo
    10.67@128.38

We'll see, Slomont. And personally, I wouldn't have an aero car. That look was ok on the T-bird and Cougar, but I never liked it on the Mustang. JMO.
    Last edited by rose62; 03-05-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Sale pending

Sold. $7750

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123