Close

Default 1986 Mustang GT Convertible For Sale

I have owned this car for over two years and was building it to keep, but I had the opportunity to buy a low mileage 2003 Cobra In November and couldn't pass it up. Unfortunately I cannot keep both cars so I need to part with this 86 GT Convertible.

1986 Mustang GT Convertible 5 spd
    White with White top and Grey leather interior
    $7,900
    Car is currently located in Bethlehem, PA but will be moved soon to Hatfiield, PA.
    Respond to this forum or text me at 610-653-312seven

I have a clean CarFax report from when I bought the car 2 years ago that I can provide.
    ~145,000 miles on the body. Engine may have been rebuilt in the past due to how strong and clean it runs today. This is only speculation but it does not run like a motor with that many miles on it.

This car gets a lot of attention when I take it out. For me, I love the 86 mustangs since they have the “Four Eye” front end with the more modern running gear of the later fox mustangs.

I have most of the original parts that were taken off of the car if the buyer is interested (Intake, factory headers, catted H-pipe, A/C). I also have an extra set of used 19lb injectors with fuel rail and wiring that will go with the car.

Anything below designated as “New” was put on the car within the past 1000 miles.

Engine:

• Car runs strong, Idles perfect (no surging idle), no smoke
    • GT40 Tubular Intake
    • BBK 70mm TB
    • New Fuel pressure regulator with fuel pressure gauge
    • New Alternator
    • New Water pump
    • New Power Steering Pump
    • New Aluminum radiator
    • New coil, plugs, and wires and rotor
    • New Silicone Cooling Hoses
    • New BBK Chrome shorty headers
    • New BBK H-pipe
    • New Flowmaster High Flow Catalytic converters
    • New Flowmaster 44 mufflers
    • Car retains all functioning emissions equipment and maintains PA state inspection for standard passenger vehicle. Just inspected in November 2016. No need for Classics plates or other restrictions on use.
    • A/C removed and power steering pump relocated to simplify belt set-up and clean up engine compartment. I have A/C components.

Exterior:

• Third brake light mounted on rear decklid cowl. This provides legal third brake light without the luggage rack or a rear wing as found on most other fox bodies. Very clean and unique look.
    • No hood decal and cowl vents painted body color. Again a clean unique look
    • SVO tail lights
    • The car is 30 years old so it does have some small rock chips in the paint but overall the paint looks good and polishes up nice.
    • Headlight buckets and side molding all around car were professionally re-painted last fall.
    • The front fascia is faded.
    • New outer door belt weather-stripping
    • White top is in good shape with one small repair
    • Top hydraulics function perfectly

Interior:

• New Heater Core
    • New Carpet
    • New floor mats
    • Very nice set of grey cloth 1995 mustang front seats are in the car now. Original front leather seats will come with car (Driver side original seat has small tear and wear on side bolster).
    • Manual windows (This is something that I looked for specifically. Trouble free - No electrical components to go bad)
    • Dash pad has a crack in it.

Wheels/Brakes/Suspension:

• 5 lug conversion
    • Rear disc brake conversion
    • New TSW Valencia: Grey center with polished lip
    • Front: 18 x 8 with 265-35 tires
    • Rear: 18 x9.5 with 285-30 tires
    • Tires and wheels have less than 500 miles on them and are perfect. Package was $2,000 when purchased last year.
    • 3:73 Rear (Rear differential just opened, inspected and filled with fresh oil.)
    • New rear brake rotors, pads, and misc. components.
    • New rear center brake line
    • New Upper and Lower rear control arms
    • New rear shocks
    • New Kenny Brown rear shock tower brace
    • New Maximum Motorsports strut tower brace

Name:  20160605_152127_1.JPG
Views: 753
Size:  286.4 KB
    Name:  20160917_113245.JPG
Views: 756
Size:  222.2 KB
    Name:  20160917_113357.JPG
Views: 759
Size:  266.2 KB
    Name:  3f873a82-eab3-4120-85b7-ed7996582493.JPG
Views: 764
Size:  354.5 KB
    Name:  20160917_113635.JPG
Views: 752
Size:  235.5 KB
    Last edited by awakened; 04-19-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Nice car, surprised I have never seen it since you are so close to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tORMENtOR View Post
    Nice car, surprised I have never seen it since you are so close to me.
    Thanks, I don't get it out much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Bump

I am willing to take $7,000 for a quick sale.

New car coming in about 2 weeks. I don't want to put this one outside but I will be forced to. Someone give this beauty a good home. Its not her fault that a Terminator is taking her place in the garage!!!

This is a really nice looking car. I'm surprised nobody has snatched it up already. Unfortunately the timing is all wrong for me.
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Thanks for the kind words. Several people interested over the phone but no one has come to take a look at it yet. I'm certain the first person to see it in person will want it.

Putting this car back on the market now that the nice weather is here to stay. I did not get the quick sale that I was looking for last fall so I have adjusted the price back up to $7,900 for the spring. The nice weather should bring some increased local interest. The car fired right up after being off the road for the winter with no smoke.

Bump

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk