Close

New User

Default Burning oil/excessive crankcase pressure

So the title pretty much says it all. Running a t3/t4 turbo and it has been burning oil at a pretty high rate(bout a qt every 2 tanks of gas). Already swapped turbos once. Did a compression check when i first got it and everything seemed to be within the correct parameters. Just did the pcv delete and noticed that it is basically spraying oil out of both filters I installed. I have the larger oil drain line from stinger ordered, hoping this will remedy my problem, but barring that I'm at a loss and I would hate to do a whole motor swap seeing as this motor has been super reliable aside from the oil issue obviously.
    Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

FEP Super Member

Catch cans rather than filters may help,
    Sounds that you have excessive crankcase pressure if it is spraying oil.

A compression check, is really not a complete test of all the rings ability to seal.
    The oil control rings are at the bottom of the piston, and I don't think they are part of the equation when doing a compression check.

Do you have a lot of blow by when idling?
    Do you see smoke when shifting, or at start up say in the morning or after sitting ?
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

New User

Yeah, smoke only seems to happen after its been sitting for a while upon start-up. Once it's warmed up and driving around it all but disappears.