Close

Default 83 GT Convertible (Canadian)

Picking it up tomorrow, will post buck and door tag then, for now here is the VIN

It's a triple black.

1FABP27F4DF196589

That's a very early one.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Yah it was May to August that they did the GT's. Fox do you have the prod numbers for the gt verts ? I've seen varying figures of the amount shipped to Canada, as low as 8 and as high as 16 so I'd like to know where I stand.

Oddly enough , the guy I'm buying it from has an 83 glx vert with a 5.0 stock, told him to signup here so you could see it

We do not know the production breakdown between units sold in the US and units sold in Canada. All we know is total production, and that is 993.

It has been reported for a long time on the Internet that the total production was 1001, and broken down as 993 to the US and 8 to Canada, but the total is not 1001, it is 993.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Well the fox body recognition guide states there was 1001 made with 8 being prototypes and 16 going to canada. Wiki has the 8 going to canada but there is no source

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    1981 Mustang Hatch 3.3 "Orange Juice"
    1983 Mustang GT Convertible "Triple Black"
    1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

All books have errors or just downright bad info in them. The FBMRG is no exception.

According to Marti Auto Works, whom is the ONLY one that has authorized access to Ford's production database, there were 993 total produced.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Then 993 it is ! Here is the buck. Ill write it out if needed

1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI

Haha you are telling me ! I couldnt beleive it was real until it was in my driveway

1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI

Can you remove the header panel bracket and get a better pic of the tag? Is the door tag legible or has it been removed or painted over? Since this GT is a convertible the door tag will be on on door jamb and not the door itself.

How many kilometers on the odometer?

Does it have any of the following options?

• engine block immersion heater
    • interval windshield wipers (twist knob on end of wiper stalk for timed wiper delay)
    • light group (light under hood/in glove box/in front ashtray, buzzer when headlights on/driver door open/key NOT in ignition)
    • premium sound system ("AMP PULL" knob to left of radio, amplifier beneath center of dash pad)
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 08-31-2016 at 04:03 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

17812 Listed on ODO
    Yes to Interval Wipers
    No light under hood or in ashtray
    I have a freeze plug with a block heater attachment
    The door tag is there, but you can't read it (It's on the pillar not the door like you said)
    No amplifier, but the stereo isn't original in it

Ill work on pulling the buck off so it can be read

Is that 17,812 kilometers?

Not sure what the factory engine block immersion heater components looked like so I can't say if yours is factory or aftermarket. That and the road abrasion option was common in Canada.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Yes, that would be 17,812 Km's.

I assume it's the freeze plug way, you can't get a car in Canada without it.

I have a few in the database that were ordered in Canada without engine block immersion heater. Your 1981 Bittersweet hatchback, as just one example, wasn't.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Those kooky regulators always changing things around. Youd think if it was too cold now it would be too cold then as well. God bless yah for being weird fomoco

1994 Ford ThunderBird SC
    1987 Firebird T/A
    1984 Firebird Forumla
    1988 Mazda RX-7 Infinity
    1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II
    1994 Eagle Talon TSI
    1991 Eagle Talon TSI

Marti Report for 83 GT Vert (Canadian)
    Last edited by BTD; 09-08-2016 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Timothy Doyon View Post
    Marti Report for 83 GT Vert (Canadian)
    Am I missing something? The link takes me to a report on a 81 6cyl hatch.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

So far from searching the forums it seems like mine is the first one from a Canadian DSO, and is in fact one of 8 as reported by marti and fox.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    1983 GT convertible = 993* (total, not 993 US + 8 Canada)

*statistic courtesy of Marti Auto Works

FoxChasis , in your GT very registry do you know the production dates of the cars ? Mine was on the 18th, so I'd like to know who beat me on the production line

Neither Marti nor I have reported that only 8 went to Canada.

I do not run the 1983 GT convertible registry. A fellow by the name of Harland Russell does (FEP name: PONYRYD) and he would be able to tell you what you're asking. I only have a database with data that I have collected on my own (cars for sale, owners posting their tags, etc.) and I would not have an exact production date for VINs in my database unless there is a Marti report to go along with it.

When I have time to look at the database later I can tell you if I have any other P27F GT before yours.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Well....

1983 GT convertible = 993* (total, not 993 US + 8 Canada)

*statistic courtesy of Marti Auto Works

Yes...where in that stat does it say 8 went to Canada?

My bad in that one you didn't say it, it was this one (there are others too)

There was so an '83 GT convertible...1001 produced (993 US, 8 CAN).

Yes, very old info. The old info was 1001 total (993 USA, 8 CAN). We now know that is was not 1001 total. It was 993 total. And no country breakdown.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder