Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I've been wanting to attend an event like this, so I'm booked to fly in Fri evening. I'll plan to meet the FEP group at 8am Sat at the church, as outlined by Jason above (please post an update here if plans change). I'm looking forward to meeting you guys in person and seeing your cars!
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

How many of you are planing on going to the Fri. events
    Robert
    86 GT vert
    85 GT

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Excellent dinner restaurants nearby: The Smoke Pit, Carolina Ale House are excellent for the family and maybe if it's just the guys The Tilted Kilt. "Mr. C's" is a great lunch place that is not your standard chain.
    Sounds good.
    Not sure what the plans are yet, but I'll likely have to park the trailer back at the hotel before I can go for supper...it's a little long to fit in a parking spot.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by 85blackgt View Post
    I is!
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    79 Capri RS - 2.3/5spd restomod
    80 Capri 5.0/5spd project
    79 Zephyr Z7 factory 5.0 sunroof
    79 Pace Car 5.0/5spd project
    85 LTD LX factory 5spd?(not documented)
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd
    79 Pace Car 2.3/4spd - needs new home

Room booked, I will be at the Sleep Inn in Concord - Kannapolis

I doubt I make the shop tour on Friday, but I will be at the Cabbarus Brew Pub in the evening. Staying at the Hampton Inn near the Charlotte Speedway
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    OK gang...I'm going to try to take the lead on this meet up so we can park together. But it sounds like pre-registration vs reg. on site will be a barrier. I am preregistered....if you are going to do so, you have TODAY and TOMORROW remaining to do so. So get 'er done:

https://events.r20.constantcontact.c...0&oseq=&c=&ch=

The show starts at 9am, and parking will begin at 8:30am. So how about we meet at 8am? This will give us 30 minutes for some quick pleasantries, then line em up and head over to the Stadium.

Just west of Stadium Drive on Lane St. there is a church with a nice big lot that should be empty on a Saturday morning. Its on the opposite side of the street from the Stadium, maybe a few hundred yards on the other side of the lake. It's called Lane St. Baptist Church. Sound like a plan? If so I can put it up later on the FEB FB page too.

I'll be there either in my black '85 GT or in the red 2002 F-250 with 20' white enclosed trailer. All depends on Mother Nature as my hotel is ~15 miles away in Concord.

So who's in for an FEP meet up before driving in?
    I'll be there.

Just a thought, when I google the church and see the map and go to street view, there are chains or cables with red flags across both entrances. Hopefully this is an old picture. Maybe there is room on the side of the road. We'll know when we get there.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by 85blackgt View Post
    Hope to attend both.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    I'll be there.

Just a thought, when I google the church and see the map and go to street view, there are chains or cables with red flags across both entrances. Hopefully this is an old picture. Maybe there is room on the side of the road. We'll know when we get there.
    I'll go over and see if there are chains on the parking lot. If there is, I'll check out the area and see if we can meet someplace else. I'll keep y'all updated.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd

Windshield stickers will be available for purchase at the Yard Sale and the Kickoff party at the brewery. They're $20, but at least you can all park together and won't have to wait in the payment line.

Me and the pace car will be there. I have a couple other friends with foxbodys that will be there also. So if you see a pace car with flashing amber lights on the roof stop by and say hello.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

Nice pace car

Ok, I went by the area today and, yes, the church parking lot is chained off. I looked around going both directions off that exit and there just isn't anyplace for a fair size meet up. Not really sure what to say.

For or anyone that doesn't live here I can tell you that I-85 is under construction all the way up thru exit 63 which is the show exit (Lane St). Myself, I'm going to go a back way to get to the show that will avoid the interstate. I know everyone can't do that but if anyone wants to do that there's some places along that route that we could use. If anyone would be interested in this I can give details.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd

Picking my 82 GT up from Pro Dyno Friday & hitting the kick off event. It's been there for 2 months so I hate to see how dirty it will be.
    Mustang Week Staff
    www.mustangweek.com
    1980 Cobra
    1981 coupe 6 cylinder
    1982 GT
    04 Lightning
    14 GT

Safe travels everyone.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Fearnot View Post
    Ok, I went by the area today and, yes, the church parking lot is chained off. I looked around going both directions off that exit and there just isn't anyplace for a fair size meet up. Not really sure what to say.

For or anyone that doesn't live here I can tell you that I-85 is under construction all the way up thru exit 63 which is the show exit (Lane St). Myself, I'm going to go a back way to get to the show that will avoid the interstate. I know everyone can't do that but if anyone wants to do that there's some places along that route that we could use. If anyone would be interested in this I can give details.
    Well that is a big bummer! Thanks for checking it out. The drive off Lane street to the stadium is quite long, and I got an email today that is where they will be pre-staging, so perhaps we just meet there?

What is the construction situation? Considering it will be Saturday morning I doubt traffic will be much of an issue. Is the construction MESSY, as in dirt, gravel, etc....that you know some of us would not want to be in, or just typical paving and single lane restrictions?
    Last edited by sowaxeman; 10-12-2016 at 06:49 AM.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Try the Pilot gas station on Lane St on the other side of I-85? There is a large truck lot behind the station and another one, albeit smaller, next to the Waffle House across the road. It's a little over a mile to the stadium.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Wish I could be there this year but just didn't work out for this trip. Have fun folks and post lots of pics please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Quote Originally Posted by magnum517 View Post
    Wish I could be there this year but just didn't work out for this trip. Have fun folks and post lots of pics please!

I want to get to this one day. Maybe next year will be the year I will be able to go and bring the beige beast out there. How cool would that be?
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    I want to get to this one day. Maybe next year will be the year I will be able to go and bring the beige beast out there. How cool would that be?
    That would be ..... AWESOME!!!!
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    Here's hoping next year we will both be there and get to park our cars next to each other. Be cool to finally get to meet you ( and everyone else from FEP I haven't met yet) in person! May have to plan to go even if the Vert can't make it! That was kind of my plan for this year but just too much family stuff going on currently. Hoping next year will be a little less hectic.

--86 GT vert.306,Powerdyne blown 7 psi, E303, ported E7s,MAF conv, BBK shorties n OR H, 3" Mac Pro Dumps, WC T5, 5 lug'd, 17" Bullitts, 3" cowlhood, SN95 Gt front brakes, 4.11s.
    --Bill

Well that is a big bummer! Thanks for checking it out. The drive off Lane street to the stadium is quite long, and I got an email today that is where they will be pre-staging, so perhaps we just meet there?

What is the construction situation? Considering it will be Saturday morning I doubt traffic will be much of an issue. Is the construction MESSY, as in dirt, gravel, etc....that you know some of us would not want to be in, or just typical paving and single lane restrictions?
    Just typical construction but it seems around here there's always traffic. No dirt or anything. We could meet on that road where they're staging if they'll let us.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd

I hope to go to next year's event. It would be nice to meet the folks behind the keyboards!

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Try the Pilot gas station on Lane St on the other side of I-85? There is a large truck lot behind the station and another one, albeit smaller, next to the Waffle House across the road. It's a little over a mile to the stadium.
    How about we try this instead? Pilot gas stations always seem to have plenty of parking areas....surely we can meet up with 10-15 cars there and roll in?
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

How about we try this instead? Pilot gas stations always seem to have plenty of parking areas....surely we can meet up with 10-15 cars there and roll in?
    I'm game. Looked kinda small and busy but what the hey. Jason, when are you getting in town? Hope you're bringing the 82 GT.
    88 Turbo Coupe auto
    88 Turbo Coupe 5spd
    79 Fairmont Futura 4.6
    86 GT conv 5.0/5spd

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast