My cousin, who is solely responsible for my Mustang addiction, had a couple pace cars over the years. The most recent one is long gone (sold a few years back). But when he had it, I came across some nos "Official Pace Car" decals on the ebays. This must have been around 17 years ago. I don't believe the decals were being reproduced back then...at least, not that I knew of. He was excited at the time, as the price was pretty cheap and his car had nice paint, but no graphics other than the running horses. I guess family life took over and the car stayed under its cover for a few years. Last I saw of it, I was a little saddened by its poor condition. If I had the money at the time, I would have offered to buy it, but I had my own problems.

Shortly after that, I moved further away and lost contact with him. Off and on, every few years, I'd run into him at a funeral or when I was in town visiting some family. I moved back to the area a few years ago and now I talk to him more...plus, social network has helped us stay in contact. Him and the wife stopped by our new house today. He got to check out my fleet of old fox bodies and we talked cars at dinner. He told me that, although he had laid it out before he left the house, he ran off and forgot something he planned on giving me. He still had those old decals!

I plan on taking them, as he no longer has a use for them. I know there's a good chance they won't even be worth using, depending on how they were stored over the years. Regardless, it's still pretty cool that they survived all these years. I may have to research it to see if it would be feasible to "try" and use them. If it doesn't work, and I'm not out anything, I'll try it. But I won't want to mess up a fresh paint job...I'm just not sure how easy it would be to remove it if they turn out to be junk. Anyway, I have plenty of time to think about it. I hope to have it painted next Spring.