Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    FEP Supporter

I'm not in the path of the eye; I'm on the East coast, but right now we've got tornado warnings pinging left and right. I was able to cram my 2 Mustangs, a 90 5.0 vert and my '85 GT, into the garage so hopefully they will be fine. No shortage of wind and rain here right now...

I've got a lifelong friend who lives in Cape Coral on a lake with canals feeding it that wind out to the Gulf of Mexico near Ft. Myers. He's expecting a total loss at his place. '69 Camaro and a ton of parts/tools/equipment in his garage, 2 boats at his house too. Spoke to him a little more than an hour ago and he literally said he saw a solar panel fly by over the lake. He just left in a big ol' truck heading to a safer structure.

Everyone needs something sometime! Thanks for the good thoughts all!!!
    '85 GT

My wife would kill me if she saw what's in the box I quickly shoved under the hatch of my car. Dave's Booger isn't going to be the only blown Fox around these here parts.Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  119.8 KB

I could save THOUSANDS every year if I just quit looking at the for sale items on here, Corral and Ebay. My wife is asking is Christmas already here...you have gotten a butt load of packages in the last 3 weeks.

Time to change default ship to to the office!!!
    Last edited by droopie85gt; 09-23-2018 at 09:52 AM.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

I honour
    Truth
    Justice
    and the
    Sacred American Way

Especially the American way

"Turbochargers, the smell of methanol, long walks on the beach and hiding money from my wife with which I buy used racing parts."

My most influencial member on another forum was this guy.

and of course, he blow it up, but not before doing 14's and almost 33 mpg.....

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy
    Quote Originally Posted by First Fox
    The mechanical pump is referenced at 1:1 with a 5 psi baseline. @ 12 PSI of boost, fuel pressure is 17 psi. The fuel pressure gauge is on the cowl.

Like this :beer: :nod:

Force Fed i6 Foxes Fore Eva

At 32.6 miles per gallon, it won't be long before you can save up for a bunch of these...http://www.mustangandfords.com/featu...to-gallery/#11

Practise saying this...."Darling, its an Air Conditioning pump, the bigger the better....."

I find in Spainish, so she won't ever work it out.....

Thats what I did with my Supercharger. Maybee I can put a spare tire over the trunk and duct the manifolding to trunk, and run the supercharger off an always driven drive shaft with a centrifugal clutch on the axle.

She Who Must Be Obeyed wouldn't suspect it if it was hidden ander a Renault Torino style spare tire, surely...

Quote Originally Posted by droopie85gt View Post
    My wife would kill me if she saw what's in the box I quickly shoved under the hatch of my car. Dave's Scuby isn't going to be the only blown Fox around these here parts.Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  119.8 KB

I could save THOUSANDS every year if I just quit looking at the for sale items on here, Corral and Ebay. My wife is asking is Christmas already here...you have gotten a butt load of packages in the last 3 weeks.

Time to change default ship to to the office!!!
    THAT right there is pretty dang funny. So, eventually a blown 351? Yeah, you'll go faster. But I'll be laughing as I drive by you when you run out of gas like a common friend of ours did a couple times

You'll be driving over the bits of my T5 unless I can find a 3550 or TKO for super cheap too! lol

I finally have a plan and may actually try to stay on track.

1. Get car rewired and install Holley HP system on current 302.
    2. Remove said 302 and clean/paint underhood.
    3. Install 351W w/o blower and get running right.
    4. Install blower with matching permanent sheet eating grin!
    5. Pick pieces of T5 up and say, dammit, I should have known better and gotten a 3550/TKO.

Somewhere between 3 and 5 go to Memphis Motorsports Park and get kicked out for running a <11.49 with no roll bar!!!

This plan is set in stone and can't be changed. Well, unless I happened upon a smoking Coyote deal. Or a smoking 2.3 Ecoboost deal. Maybe a smoking 3.5 ecoboost deal. Or maybe that 455 Buick and 496 stroker kit sitting my garage. I have the attention span of a cocker spaniel.
    Last edited by droopie85gt; 12-27-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    I honour
    Truth
    Justice
    and the
    Sacred American Way

Especially the American way

"Turbochargers, the smell of methanol, long walks on the beach and hiding money from my wife with which I buy used racing parts."

My most influencial member on another forum was this guy.
    My brother and I drag raced an 1983 Buick with a Ron's Flying Toilet methanol injected 455 Buford in it. I am very fond of the smell of Methanol. But let me tell you this. When you go to the GS Nats in Bowling Green, KY and stay out drinking til 6AM, then go to the hotel, shower, change, and go to the track hungover/drunk the methanol smell is the worst thing ever in the world. It will almost make you puke in your helmet. Trust me....I almost did!

It's hell on your reaction times. I think when your eyes are that bloodshot you can't see the lights on the Christmas tree.
    Last edited by droopie85gt; 09-22-2017 at 02:45 PM.

You'll be driving over the bits of my T5 unless I can find a 3550 or TKO for super cheap too! lol

I finally have a plan and may actually try to stay on track.

1. Get car rewired and install Holley HP system on current 302.
    2. Remove said 302 and clean/paint underhood.
    3. Install 351W w/o blower and get running right.
    4. Install blower with matching permanent sheet eating grin!
    5. Pick pieces of T5 up and say, dammit, I should have known better and gotten a 3550/TKO.

Somewhere between 3 and 5 go to Memphis Motorsports Park and get kicked up for running a <11.49 with no roll bar!!!

This plan is set in stone and can't be changed. Well, unless I happened upon a smoking Coyote deal. Or a smoking 2.3 Ecoboost deal. Maybe a smoking 3.5 ecoboost deal. Or maybe that 455 Buick and 496 stroker kit sitting my garage. I have the attention span of a cocker spaniel.
    So, that's for this weekend, what's after that? Lol

4BT Cummings? Then go three stage compound boost. Lol

Na - it's been done.... easier to start here for a project like that
    http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/for...notchback.html

I see old delivery trucks...what I call Potato Chip trucks on CL all the time with the 4BT. I've thought that would be a cool swap for a pre 76 crew cab truck or a pre 70 Suburban!

I would love to swap a 60's crew cab truck onto a 2010+ chassis. Have good looks and modern drive ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    So, that's for this weekend, what's after that? Lol
    Crash your thread and burn it to the ground!!!!! LOL!

Looks like we can run amuck with the best of them for sure. Looks like we can run the heck out of a muck. Give the thing a run for its money.

Crash your thread and burn it to the ground!!!!! LOL!
    Now Drew, that wasn't very nice.....

Only 3 months between posts....better than 3 years I guess. So I've hoarding like someone on crack. But I did get one tiny project done today. I want to rewire the car as I do a wire tuck. I want to get rid of the fusible links and wire in a proper underhood fuse/relay box. I have found that 94-2001 Mustangs, Mid 90's to 2000 something Crown Vics have the same fusebox and there are a couple of different mounts and different bottom plates that direct the wire bundle out of the bottom of the box. I bought 3 different ones and got the setup I am going with. I had used my fav new tool back Labor Day, the RivNut installed and installed the bracket to the drivers side fender apron, where the stock window was tank goes. But that put the fuse box on its side and I didn't like that after thinking it over more.

The fuse box isn't waterproof, but it's pretty much open on the bottom, so any water in the top runs right out. I was a little worried it could fill with water when it is on its side. Also if it needed to be serviced, it would be hard to see the fuses and relays. I had this scrap piece of aluminum plate. It's pretty stiff, I think just a tick over 1/8" inch.

So I measure and try to use the 2 rivnuts I already put in. I think I have it where I want it. I take my grinder and cut off wheel and cut the piece needed out of the plate. I have a line marking where it gets bent 90 degrees.

BUT, I don't have a metal brake. I don't even have a real work bench. It's one of those stainless steel food prep tables. SO I am think a Christmas Eve run to Harbor Freight to get a metal brake, but I don't know if I even bolt it to the stainless table, if that has enough weight to hold down. So I think and look at the crap in the garage. My brother and I joke that if we have a disk grinder that works when the apocalypse happens, then we are safe. So I take a picture and text him. WHat's the picture you might ask?

Name:  20171224_152116_HDR.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  60.4 KB

Ordinary folk may just consider this a 351W shortblock, but in my hands it becomes a sheet metal brake. I 2 lb ball peen hammer made short work of ALMOST getting a 90 bend. It hit the block before it got to 90. So I just flipped it so the bend was up and finished it. I did all the other boring mount, measure, drill, pop in more rivnuts and pretty much nailed it. Need to scuff it all up and paint it black. I am happy as a pig in poop over how it turned out. I still aint feeling the hours of soldering ahead, but at this point what's another week...month...year???

Name:  20171224_152831_HDR.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  57.9 KBName:  20171224_163704_HDR.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  50.2 KBName:  20171224_163741_HDR.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  54.5 KBName:  20171224_163747_HDR.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  54.7 KB

This is the opposite of Hot Rod Garage. They bring some POS in the tech center garage and have THOUSANDS of dollars of tools....welders, plasma cutters, lifts and so forth. I have an attached garage with a couple of drills and grinders and some hand tools. I can't really weld. I buy my brother beer if I need something welded.

So it was a good few hours in the garage today!

FEP Supporter

Attaboy! Way to use what you've got!
    '85 GT

There you go Drew

interesting idea sir, I need to think on that a bit.

The only problem is now where to mount a MSD box. I was going to run a TFI with the Holley HP. But I may have found a good deal on a Holley Dual Sync distributor for a 351 which would come in handy if I wanted to go SEFI, I wouldn't have to mess with a crank sensorl Damn decisions and indecisions.

Keep the sensor and go edis, better yet, CNP!

They are great fuse boxes. I used one when I eliminated all of the fusible links in my 87 CV. There is even room to grow with them, provided you harvest enough of the boxes to fully populate all of the slots which it sounds like you did!

Exactly. I even found about 16 ft of 4 gauge monster cable while I was in the Pull A part getting 2 of these boxes and they didn't charge me for it! I am going to use that to run from the battery over to the fuse box. I am putting a 150 amp mega fuse over by the battery to protect the cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    Keep the sensor and go edis, better yet, CNP!
    I thought about it. I am not sure where I would put the coils. Maybe on the fire wall behind the engine. But for now it will have a good ol distributor! But if I get the dual synch, it has a crank sensor AND a cam sensor in the cam housing and they make a blanking cap, so you pull of the rotor and replace and it's then just a dual sensor and oil pump drive.

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    They are great fuse boxes. I used one when I eliminated all of the fusible links in my 87 CV. There is even room to grow with them, provided you harvest enough of the boxes to fully populate all of the slots which it sounds like you did!
    I wish photobucket hadn't bombed. I would have liked to see your build pics with this type of fuse box.

FEP Supporter

I wish photobucket hadn't bombed. I would have liked to see your build pics with this type of fuse box.
    Thought I would share this...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bifiaedg?hl=en

It's a plugin for Chrome that allows all images hotlinked from PB to be viewed. Works like a champ for me!!!
    '85 GT

Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    Thought I would share this...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bifiaedg?hl=en

It's a plugin for Chrome that allows all images hotlinked from PB to be viewed. Works like a champ for me!!!

Oh yeah...I forgot. I use Opera most of the time!

Ok, so I bit the bullet and got out my P Touch labeler and the EVTM and went to town. I id'd a bunch of stuff and started cutting fusible links! Who knew on these old 85's there's not much there. I think one fusible link for the rear defrost and 3 others. I am going to wire the fusible links (well they are gone so the things wired to them) to the Maxi fuses. I am using 3 of the relays out of the four. 2 are for my fans and 1 is for the A/c cutout I will program from the Holley HP ecu. I am going to wire my headlights to relays, but since I only have a 1 free, I am using a separate relay box with 2 relays in it for the high and low beams.

I've been repining wires and cleaning the thing up. Here's some shots:

Name:  Droopie1.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  37.8 KB

Name:  Droopie2.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  60.4 KB

Name:  Droopie3.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  49.5 KB

I do have one question for anyone who may be reading. The headlights...there's red and green wires. The red ones are conveniently spliced together from drivers side to passenger side in the middle somewhere. The green ones run separate back to the grommet by the brake booster. I taped up about 6 inches of that coming out. Any chance those 2 green wires splice together on the engine side of that grommet? No big deal if they don't it would just clean it up as I make my own headlight harness and just need one low beam and one high beam to trigger it all.
    Last edited by wraithracing; 12-27-2017 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Correct Pictures

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast