Close

Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1501

Lol ..... have enjoyed your thread. Car is looking good

hopefully the bathroom project will get wrapped up soon!

I understand the frustration with remodeling a bathroom. As someone that has spent many years in construction, I would rather remodel a 5,000 sq foot room than a bathroom. No room to work, all the same amount of work, and they take FOREVER! I am not a small guy and honestly I get tired of being crammed into such small tight spaces.

Good Luck with wrapping up the bathroom and I am sure you will get back to Booger Eventually!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

We bought a new American Standard smooth side toilet to put in our 1957 built bathroom back in the spring. It is still in the box in the living room.
    The clearence from the wall to the mounting bolts is only 10-1/2 inches on the current toilet and I need 12 inches for the new one. Luckily my wife is very understanding, but even I am getting tired of looking at it in the box.
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

I believe you can buy a 10 inch toilet but you will have to go to a wholesale plumbing place. Maybe lowes could order one. Maybe an offset flange might get you there too.

Hang in there, Dave. Sounds like your getting close on the bathroom. Here's hoping for no more surprises or delays.
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd chance cobra View Post
    I believe you can buy a 10 inch toilet but you will have to go to a wholesale plumbing place. Maybe lowes could order one. Maybe an offset flange might get you there too.
    Yeah I can. But my wife wanted this smooth side toilet because it is easier to clean. Happy wife happy life.
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

Alright, I got as far in the bathroom as I could. All that is left is dropping in the new countertop/sink. When I bought it I was told it would be two weeks to get it, then five weeks. That would've been last weekend.......Lowe's gave me a call and said it'll still be another week.

Oh well, this gave me a chance to go back to Booger.

I cut out and shaped the last diagonal brace bar. Then I trimmed it to fit the torque box.
    Name:  IMG_0125.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  97.8 KBName:  IMG_0128.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  126.0 KBName:  IMG_0129.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  102.6 KB
    Tomorrow, if I have time at work, I'll cut out the small filler pieces and get them welded to the bar. Then hopefully dressed and welded into the cs.

Once that's in I can cut the spot welds and drop the cs and do all of the stuff I did for the driver's side.

Jeez it's nice to be working on Booger again! Much more enjoyable than the bathroom! Lol.

I found a little time to make the filler pieces today.
    Name:  F725D9B0-C20C-4AFD-ABAD-DEAE277CF7C5.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  150.6 KBName:  D8226B05-C632-429A-B0DF-83CADBD83638.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  136.0 KB
    I forgot tonight is Halloween. So no progress this evening beyond a small sugar coma........

Plus Lowe’s called a few minutes ago and said my countertop was finally in. So Thursday and Friday nights will probably be spent finishing up that 800lb gorilla.

Get the sugar high and that will help the energy level for getting both Booger and the bathroom done. With enough sugar you should be able to knock both of them out in an hour!
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Sure, I may have certain obsessive/compulsive disorders, so what, right?

So, it's raining this evening. Naturally I picked up the countertop. It's a bathroom countertop, it's going to get wet anyhow?

I figured I'd just set it in the front room till tomorrow night. Of course I needed to open the packaging it came in to be sure it was in good condition and any paperwork was dry. It was just fine.

Better just check out those measurements to be sure it'll fit properly........

Long story short, the countertop and new fixtures are installed. The bathroom is done.

Tomorrow night it's back to Booger!
    Last edited by Davedacarpainter; 10-31-2018 at 08:20 PM.

I welded the diagonal up and dressed it.
    Name:  IMG_0142.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  78.5 KB
    Then welded it to the cs.
    Name:  IMG_0143.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  85.7 KB
    Tonight I'll cut the cs loose and finish it up. Plus start working on the seam sealing, painting and other stuff before I weld it all back on for good.

It's out.
    Name:  IMG_0149.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  156.9 KB
    I welded the perimeter of the tubes, it got a little ugly toward the end since my new HF light decided to die!Plus the sun going down early didn't make seeing what I was welding exceptional.
    Name:  IMG_0153.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  123.0 KB
    Oh well, I'm taking it to work tomorrow so I can dress the welds there. Saves me from having those marvelous little metal shavings on my garage floor to lay down on later.
    Last edited by Davedacarpainter; 11-01-2018 at 08:01 PM.

I had some time this morning at work, so I dressed the welds and sanded it down.
    Name:  BC015397-7C87-4444-9CB4-11CECD6CAB2E.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  99.3 KB
    Then I masked the areas I’m going to weld, etched the bare metal and sprayed POR15 on.
    Name:  79B4B159-1A05-4EBF-856D-709CE9924A2E.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  92.1 KB

Today I woke up and thanked god that it was Monday.....................

Anyhow, while at work I got the cs sprayed with chip guard and painted green. Did I take a picture? Uhmmmmm.....Nope.....tomorrow I will.

After work and putting the fresh beer away I started working on cleaning up the pinch weld. I don't want to go through the same crap as I did with the driver's pinch weld if I can avoid it.

I spent about an hour and a half cleaning the metal, the pinch weld on this side has seen far more abuse than the left side. I still need to clean the edges more.
    Name:  IMG_0166.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  92.4 KB
    Then for kicks I decided to grind into the lower front quarter. I knew it had been mudded, I just wanted to see what it looked like. The knuckleheads that repaired it before drilled holes to pull it out.....then mudded the holes up instead of welding them.
    Name:  IMG_0167.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  99.4 KB
    I believe I might order the patch panel from LMR for this.

FEP Supporter

Good to hear you made it through the bathroom odyssey and back to Booger!

Too bad about the quarter panel! I have a single screw hole in a panel to repair. Without a welder are there any options?

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Good to hear you made it through the bathroom odyssey and back to Booger!

Too bad about the quarter panel! I have a single screw hole in a panel to repair. Without a welder are there any options?
    You could do like these guys did and just mud over it. You stand a chance of it haunting you because the mud isn’t durable like the metal and could break loose due to body flex. Plus moisture can absorb through the backside.

I guess the best thing for you to do is to coat the back side after the bodywork with seam sealer just to keep moisture from absorbing through from the back side. Bondo is very porous, seal up those little holes.

Trey, you got ideas?

It’s green and shiny, not very exciting......
    Name:  002DABC9-865D-40F9-AAC9-1E77FB2528EF.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  139.8 KB

If you can't weld up a hole, then I would personally use Evercoat All Metal filler on the repair. Then skim with regular filler/glaze coat as needed, although the All Metal will featheredge and generally sand out pretty well in most cases. I agree that sealing the backside is another great idea to prevent moisture issues. I have also been told that if you can get to the back side when using the filler and flatten out the filler that pokes thru the hole a bit that can improve its durability and prevent it from cracking/breaking off/fall out later down the road.

I completely agree that welding the holes up is the best idea if possible. The only other though might be some structural urethane adhesive spread over both sides of the hole to fill/seal it up. Thanks to stud guns, drilling holes to remove dents isn't done much any more in most cases these days, but you do still see it on old repairs or backyard bodyman repairs.

OH! The braces look really nice! When did you say you were headed down to Round Rock to put the floor in my RS again?
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    OH! The braces look really nice! When did you say you were headed down to Round Rock to put the floor in my RS again?
    Should be real soon, do you have the beer and Swedish Bikini Team ready for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    Today I woke up and thanked god that it was Monday.....................

Anyhow, while at work I got the cs sprayed with chip guard and painted green. Did I take a picture? Uhmmmmm.....Nope.....tomorrow I will.

After work and putting the fresh beer away I started working on cleaning up the pinch weld. I don't want to go through the same crap as I did with the driver's pinch weld if I can avoid it.

I spent about an hour and a half cleaning the metal, the pinch weld on this side has seen far more abuse than the left side. I still need to clean the edges more.
    Name:  IMG_0166.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  92.4 KB
    Then for kicks I decided to grind into the lower front quarter. I knew it had been mudded, I just wanted to see what it looked like. The knuckleheads that repaired it before drilled holes to pull it out.....then mudded the holes up instead of welding them.
    Name:  IMG_0167.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  99.4 KB
    I believe I might order the patch panel from LMR for this.
    Do not, I repeat, do not use the patch panel from LMR. It does not fit well at all. The curve is wrong, the body lines are too soft, the bottom lip is tiny and the panel is too wide (hangs too far into the wheel opening). I am still trying to find a wrecked car to cut the same panel out of to make it right. Yours is damaged much less than mine was, but the repair was identical. It looked good when I bought it, wasn't until I started the paint process I noticed the cracks forming.

Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    Should be real soon, do you have the beer and Swedish Bikini Team ready for me?
    Beer & Pizza and the Girls are on Speed Dial!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Querstion for Dave and Trey. If he doesn't have a welder, could he just fill the hole with panel bonding adhesive? Smear it around good on the back side like a plug?
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Quote Originally Posted by droopie85gt View Post
    Querstion for Dave and Trey. If he doesn't have a welder, could he just fill the hole with panel bonding adhesive? Smear it around good on the back side like a plug?
    It's too flexible, the mud over the top would crack and leave a neat little hole low spot in the bondo that you would show through the paint.

O I C, said the blind body work man!
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

As he picked up his hammer and saw

Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast