Close

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Honestly, this thread makes me look at my new white paint and cringe a little. I don't like white, but it was the factory color, and easy for a half drunk amateur to spray. I really wanted either HoK brandywine, or a Toyota blue that looked very similar to the one you went with. I can see myself blowing my car back apart and doing a color change, now.
    1983 Mustang G.T. No-option stripper- I like strippers.
    5.0, GT40P heads, Comp Cams XE270HR-12 on 1.6 rockers, TFI spring kit, Weiand 174 blower, Holley 750 mechanical secondarys, Mishimoto radiator, Edelbrock street performer mechanical pump, BBK shortys, T-5 conversion, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, carbon fiber clutches, SS Machine lowers, Maximum Motorsport XL subframes, "B" springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1157 View Post
    Personally,.....I hink he needs to repaint it Orange...

Orange is the new black.
    I've already painted a car orange mike. I thought i would go blue this time.

Quote Originally Posted by brianj View Post
    Honestly, this thread makes me look at my new white paint and cringe a little. I don't like white, but it was the factory color, and easy for a half drunk amateur to spray. I really wanted either HoK brandywine, or a Toyota blue that looked very similar to the one you went with. I can see myself blowing my car back apart and doing a color change, now.
    I agree House of Kolors brandywines would be pretty. Dang color can't take the UV rays though, it'll fade quick.

A deal,is going through with Valspar right now with Sherwin Williams. I think SW closes on it in january. That'll give me access to HoK stuff then.

Default Headlights?

Ok, i want to go ahead and buy my new headlights and LMR offers these https://lmr.com/item/SDT-LHPJMB/SVE-...-Mustang-79-86

What do y'all think about them?

They also offer a complete front light set, i just thought it might be nice to have brighter front lights.

BTW, i'll paint the front bumper tomorrow. Today i sanded the primer from last friday that i sprayed to help fill in the thousand chips. I found that i actually had one thousand and ten chips.

So i filled them, reprimered, and got anal! I decided to block the front bumper with a flexible block i use at work. I'm glad i did, there were so many small waves that needed to be taken out. So i did that. It's prepped now, just needs to be painted.

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    Ok, i want to go ahead and buy my new headlights and LMR offers these https://lmr.com/item/SDT-LHPJMB/SVE-...-Mustang-79-86

What do y'all think about them?

They also offer a complete front light set, i just thought it might be nice to have brighter front lights.
    Pass.

I prefer these: http://www.rallylights.com/hella-hl2...uded-bulb.html

+ a DIY or pre-made relay 'kit'
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Mike1157

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Pass.

They suck Dave.

Take it from somebody who can testify. They don't fit for sht,..the bulbs and deflector are all kinds of wonky, and the wiring and retention clips to hold the bulbs in are just bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Pass.

I probably will go this route in a few months, I'll just get the kit LMR offers for stock replacements with the side marker lenses for now, just to get the car running.

I like the idea of being able to just replace a bulb.

Thank you for the link, i'll keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1157 View Post
    They suck Dave.

Take it from somebody who can testify. They don't fit for sht,..the bulbs and deflector are all kinds of wonky, and the wiring and retention clips to hold the bulbs in are just bogus.
    What did you use on the monster mike?

Mike1157

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    What did you use on the monster mike?
    Something similar to the above. (replaceable H4 bulb, w/ a deflector hood covering it) Like I said, I had to modify the HL buckets HUGE just to get the backs of these things to fit. Then you gotta remove the bulbs and straighten the crooked assed deflector, and when that's done, the spring that holds the bulb in has to be tweaked so that it'll stay in place. They're Chinee mfg at their finest.

Got the front bumper shot today. I will paint the light buckets and grille a dark grey (the color is a dodge color, PAV, dark charcoal grey).

I was painting the bumper today and to make the time profitable, i shot a customer's Grand Cherokee liftgate and rear bumper. The color for those parts was PAV. After shooting that color and the blue on my bumper, i saw how perfect they compliment each other.

So, i'll be painting all of the trim that color and give it a semi-gloss finish.

I was going a completely different route with my accent color until then. Just by chance i shot that color at the same time.

Anywho, pictures, before and after. I'll include a picture of the liftgate i was shooting at the same time so you can get an idea of the color i've chosen for the accent. This is before i cleared it (obviously!).Name:  IMG_0335.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  86.8 KBName:  IMG_2011.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  106.7 KBName:  IMG_2012.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  101.0 KBName:  IMG_2005.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  74.6 KB

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

that cover looks great

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry peachuer View Post
    that cover looks great
    +1

I don't even see a single chip and it looks straight as an arrow!

The color reminds me of the 60's Ford Acapulco Blue, another beautiful color.
    Last edited by rodster; 10-04-2016 at 10:13 PM.

Default My Hood

Picked up my hood from the yard today, i will drop it off at the media blaster tomorrow (yep, open on Saturday).

I got a good look at my new rear bumper too.

It'll probably be tuesday before i have time to paint the right fender.

So, pictures:Name:  IMG_2027.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  149.7 KBName:  IMG_2028.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  125.4 KBName:  IMG_2029.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  141.3 KB

The bumper will need some real close attention to the top of the mouldings area. Not too bad other than that.

Here's a close up of the hood in the back of my truck. College football is preventing me from dropping it off at the blasters today.Name:  49763336595__92DC5486-9B3E-4584-99B7-E0280E5BC552.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  146.9 KBWonderful what a bra will do to a hood, huh?

I can't believe that the paint under the bra fared worse than the rest of the hood. Man, that existing paint is ate up!
    '88 Mustang GT convertible, T5, 3.08:1 gears. 5.0 Explobra Jet: A9L Mass Air conversion, Fenderwell Mac cold air intake, 70mm MAF meter = 4.6 T-Bird/Cougar housing + '95 Mustang F2VF-12B579-A1A sensor, aftermarket 70mm throttle body and spacer, Explorer intakes, GT40P heads with Alex's Parts springs and drilled for thermactor, Crane F3ZE-6529-AB 1.7 "Cobra" roller rockers, Ford Racing P50 headers, Mac H-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Walbro 190 LPH fuel pump, UPR firewall adjuster and quadrant with Ford OEM cable, 3G conversion ('95 Mustang V6), Taurus fan, rolled on Rustoleum gloss white paint...
    Past Four Eyes: Red well optioned '82 GT 5.0, Black T-top '81 Capri Black Magic 3.3L 4 speed, Black T-top '84 Capri RS 5.0 5 speed.Over 200,000 miles driven in Four Eyes, and over 350,000 in Fox Body cars.

That's crazy

Default Da Hood

So i disassembled the hood today, stripped off the seam sealer and thought i might use my die grinder to look at an area i thought might have bondo. I was right, they had paved it at one time, didn't even try any metal workName:  IMG_2032.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  79.6 KB
    I thought i would sand through some of that extra special crazing on the hood to see what it's life might have been like. It's not the original hood, it was a light blue metallic originally.Name:  IMG_2033.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  128.8 KB

I was intending on painting the accent color on the front bumper's grille and headlight buckets today, but i always seem to forget what an enormous PITA the grille is to sand. So i got it masked around the areas i need to paint and mostly sanded. I still need to finish sanding around the edges and put the blue fine line tape on. So, maybe tomorrow i'll get the grey on the bumper cover.Name:  IMG_2036.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  84.6 KB

I have to finish up the right fender, i should get the hood back from the blasters by wednesday, i don't want to worry about other parts as i get started on the hood.

I can't wait to work on the hood btw. I can already see it in my head how pretty it will be all flat and shiny with kona blue!

Moisture under the bra create all that crazing fun you think ?

Moisture under the bra create all that crazing fun you think ?
    That area i feathered out was out in the middle of the hood. I think it's just been a long time with a paint job that was laid on too heavily in the first place, then was never taken care of.

Default Front Bumper

I got the front bumper two toned today. What do y'all think? I like the grey. I think the new ford emblem i have will really compliment the colors.Name:  IMG_2038.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  98.2 KBName:  IMG_2037.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  94.5 KB

Can't see it the sun is making it glare lol

looks good man I have to see this on the car to take it all in

Looks like a very high quality job, your learning ..

Management says huh how come this isn't the outcome on other cars

Nice work man seriously cool to see when a pro does it

Can't see it the sun is making it glare lol

looks good man I have to see this on the car to take it all in

Looks like a very high quality job, your learning ..

Management says huh how come this isn't the outcome on other cars

Nice work man seriously cool to see when a pro does it
    Thanks man. I forgot to get the headlight splitters while i was shooting it. I painted it with a couple other paying bumpers and got myself too busy to think.

Ill be shooting the right fender tomorrow, i'll get those pieces shot then. I can't rebuild the bumper without them riveted in first, so i gots to get them done!

For what it matters, i am clear coating the grey with a satin finish clear coat.

New emblemName:  IMG_2041.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  94.9 KB

that blue matches the emblem blue pretty well

Nothing Ike a NEW crisp clear emblem against fresh paint

Right fender is blue now.Name:  IMG_2043.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  73.1 KBName:  IMG_2044.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  84.3 KB

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast