Close

Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

So, my brother.

This morning the oncologist finally looked at the ctscan. He didn’t have a stroke.

The cancer, despite the chemo and radiation therapy, grew.

He has a large brain tumor. The doctor says he has a zero chance of survival. They’re giving him some sort of steroid treatment right now to reduce the swelling of his brain. He might regain some cognitive abilities. I hope it will allow him one last chance to tell his son that he loves him.

His son has been just spectacular through all this. He’s been paying all the bills, feeding and cleaning my brother and just all around caring for him.

My my nephew and I got to spend a couple hours together yesterday. He needs my support. I will do anything I can for that boy, though he’s 35 now and not so much a boy anymore.

Funny as we get older, he still looks up to me. He’s got his life going so well. Yet he still wants to be with his uncle David. Kind of humbling.

I’ve been through many deaths in my lifetime, grandparents, parents, a number of friends, one of my sisters. This is the most difficult for me. Larry is my oldest brother (12 Years). As a kid back in the sixties and into the seventies I almost looked at him as a superhero. Now the doctor says my hero will die soon.

I’m sad.

Just don't know what to say..... no words can express my sadness for you and your family. Just know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

I don't have the words either. Dave I am so sorry to hear this. My family and I will keep you, your brother, nephew, and family in our thoughts and prayers.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

So sorry to hear this Dave. I will add you and your family to my family's prayer list. God Bless you brother.
    '79 Fairmont Futura
    '79 Mercury Zephyr wagon
    '83 LTD Wagon - future Mustang "Sport" Wagon
    '84 Mercury Capri RS - 5.0 5spd
    Owner of Victory Engines and Machining, LLC
    g2G

Very sorry to hear about your brother. I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

Very sorry to hear this Dave. Your brother, you, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Very sorry to hear about your brother, your family will be our prayers.

Thanks a lot guys.

in the hospital the doctors gave him steroids, this helps with the swelling of his brain.

it what seems like an almost miraculous turn around he was able to talk to us.

This is doesn’t change the diagnosis though. It’s just a window God gave to us to be able to say a proper goodbye to him. Most of all he had a couple hours to talk to his son.

Everyone was guardedly happy today. He remembered what had been happening around him the past month as he seemingly slipped away from us, he just couldn’t work out some of the details. He knew I was with him. That makes me glad.

I woke up after only sleeping for precious few minutes and it's official - I can't sleep.

i'm glad to hear that window to your brother opened and some quality time was spent.

Its going to take time and patience to work through this and to make peace with it. It will come one day at a time. Rest assured in the process of wondering why that when the man upstairs wants us to know he tells us in his own way in time.

As an idea that might be cheaper and more effective than therapy sketch out plans with your brother and nephew for their dream fox. The car a Dad who knows his boy would want his son to have. Not something crazy over the top that's a burden. Something that's always there and always ready for the journey ahead.

If you can, agree to build it with your nephew. take your time and start once you both are ready. Plan it in your brother's honor, build it in his memory. Enjoy it in the lords honor. Or buy one that's done and spend the time together traveling.

these ideas just sorta came to me.

God's blessings upon your brother, you, and your family.

Wow I'm truly sorry that things are going this way Dave. Though I'm glad to hear that a window was opened for you and your family to get to be with your brother. We will be keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers during this time. The course of one of my favorite songs was playing in my head as I read your post.

One day at a time, sweet Jesus
    That's all I'm asking from You
    Just give me the strength to do everyday
    What I have to do

This morning my brother died.

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm really glad you got a short wondow to say Goodbye. God is good! I have and will continue to pray for you and your family. Time eventually heals all wounds. I pray it passes quickly. Bless you guys.
    '79 Fairmont Futura
    '79 Mercury Zephyr wagon
    g2G

Dave, my deepest sympathies to you and your family at this very difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you. God Bless.

Dave, my brother, I am terribly sorry to hear this. You are right, God, blessed your family and your brother with a chance to say goodbye. We don't always get that chance. We don't get to choose our parents, our siblings, or our children. But we are blessed to have our time with each of them. It may be a little consolation now, but I personally hope that the end of his suffering brings some comfort to your family. I think it is great therapy for you and your nephew to spend time together. You can probably tell him stories about his old man that he doesn't even know!

As my 19 year older brother recited from a poem at my mom's funeral, it's better to remember the times we had when she was here than to mourn the fact that she is gone.
    Last edited by droopie85gt; 03-03-2018 at 10:11 AM.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Terribly sorry to hear this news. Thoughts and Prayer to you and your family.

Thankfully your brother is in a better place and no longer suffering.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I'm so sorry Dave. With loving thoughts and prayers, my condolences.

Me ngā whakaaro, inoi aroha atu.

Deepest sympathy to you and your family, Dave. You are all in our prayers.

Thanks again guys.

We will bury my brother tuesday. Then there will be some time of helping my nephews to clean up and sell their dads odds and ends hobbies.

Maybe a month or so and this thread will return to car stuff.

Thanks for being patient with me.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. No more suffering for him is at least a small bright point.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

The car will be waiting on you Dave. Take care of your family. We're not going anywhere.

Drew
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

So sorry to hear about the loss of your brother Dave. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Hum, life can be a challenge.

last Thursday my wife had a stroke. She will be ok in the end because we got to the er in the ‘golden window’ of time to have the medicine Alteplace administered. It’s a super blood thinner that breaks up clots, but is real dangerous because of the possibility of uncontrollable bleeding.

She did well with it though. We get home from the hospital last night.

she’ll have to learn to walk again and use her left arm too. But since the Alteplace was given to her about two hours after the onset of stroke symptoms, she will be able to have a full recovery. It’s just a matter of other brain cells taking over the responsibilities of the ones that died during the stroke.

The doctor said the timing of us getting to the er made the difference of her going home instead of going to a nursing home.

it’s a little tough for her right now, but she is grateful for the outcome. My mother had the same type of stroke and wasn’t taken to the hospital right away, she became an invalid. We thank God for the timing of everything that day.

the car has seized to matter at the moment, maybe in a month or two I’ll be back on it.

the doctor believes she will be able to completely recover within about two months.

you’ll hear from me again in late spring, I promise.

Wow. Words cannot describe the sympathy we all feel for you and your family. You've endured so much recently, yet it seems that you've been able to maintain your composure. Please know this is a testament to your strength and resilience, and the rest of us can only aspire to be the pillar you have been. Many of us would have already broken. Please accept our heartfelt condolences, and well-wishes for you and yours. We know you, the wife, and your family will rebound, and we patiently await your triumphant return.
    Jim DeAngelis
    Cornucopia of Useless Knowledge
    Connoisseur of Dearborn Ferrous Oxide
    '83 GT hatch, currently under the knife
    '79 Capri 2.3L n/a, Medium Copper metallic, survivor
    (bought from MRausch82)

That's a tough one. I'll be praying for you and your wife.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

Quote Originally Posted by FB71 View Post
    Wow. Words cannot describe the sympathy we all feel for you and your family. You've endured so much recently, yet it seems that you've been able to maintain your composure. Please know this is a testament to your strength and resilience, and the rest of us can only aspire to be the pillar you have been. Many of us would have already broken. Please accept our heartfelt condolences, and well-wishes for you and yours. We know you, the wife, and your family will rebound, and we patiently await your triumphant return.
    ^^^^^^ Very well said. I agree.

I will specifically add your wife's recovery to my prayer list Dave. Stay Strong!

- Daniel
    '79 Fairmont Futura
    '79 Mercury Zephyr wagon
    g2G

Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast