Close

Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Maybe I like it because it is more beefy like me!! The steering wheel rim is nice and thick.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Lol, "More beefy like me".

Im not sure Drew, but I believe it won't work in mine.

My goals this week will be to finish stripping down Scuby. I want to get it to the shop and put it on a frame machine sometime in the next couple weeks.

Now that I have time to really look at it, I see it was popped in it's butt in the right side sometime in the past. I'll need to pull it straight to get rid of the buckling in the right quarter mostly and a slight buckle in the left. I'll make it straight and square before i ever get down to stripping the remaining paint and getting it in primer.

I'll get the sc engine as quickly as the yard owner will clear out the scrub around the car and pull it to an area solid enough for me to pluck it out of there. I will probably make at least one trip there to start stripping out the "supporting cast" around the long block though.

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    BTW, remember me mentioning those sc seats? Here they areAttachment 115476

The yard owner will sell them to me, he hasn't said a price yet, but he's such a nice guy, he'll be fair.

What's y'all's thoughts on this one?
    I'm in love! I'm telling ya, if the price is right then they will be worth it.

Concerning the steering wheel, I'm pretty much in love with the one that was in the car originally.Attachment 115485
    The sc wheel is kind of neat though, I'll at least check how it mounts up. The discussion may be moot.
    I personally love the look of the original steering wheel that you refurbished. I think the SC wheel is too round and bulky looking to match the rest of your slim, squarish interior. If we were talking about an Aero car, the wheel might work better with its rounder appearance.

My vote is to keep the original wheel.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

+1 on original wheel.

ScUby Snacks

"See, I hurt my lower lumbar, you know we'll never get far...."

This one's for Trey. We're demo-ing Sikkens right now. Though I've shot side jobs over the years using Sikkens, it's been 21 years since I've shot it at a production level. I've forgotten how really freaking good they are. Beautiful paint.

This one's for Trey. We're demo-ing Sikkens right now. Though I've shot side jobs over the years using Sikkens, it's been 21 years since I've shot it at a production level. I've forgotten how really freaking good they are. Beautiful paint.

That's sweet! I haven't shot any Sikkens in 10+ years at this point. I remember it being really nice to shoot. Really laid down nice and slick with excellent coverage. Hmmm . . . Maybe the Capri RS needs some Sikkens for it's repaint! Yeah that's about right spend more $$ on the paint materials than I did on the entire car!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

That old gal would look 100% better if it just had its rust patched and was made all one color - something near factory - again. Poor thing had to sit and rust in place.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    That's sweet! I haven't shot any Sikkens in 10+ years at this point. I remember it being really nice to shoot. Really laid down nice and slick with excellent coverage. Hmmm . . . Maybe the Capri RS needs some Sikkens for it's repaint! Yeah that's about right spend more $$ on the paint materials than I did on the entire car!
    The clear is just stunning. Color match for collision repair is outstanding as well, minimal tinting

I bought some new toys!Name:  C1A084A9-06BA-4C3C-B260-5B9F681B8B17.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  77.0 KBI’m going to go use them for awhile today taking the front bumper and right fender off the car. I need to transfer the guts of the old bumper over to the new. I’m betting I’ll need to do a little clean up first.

Feed the addiction - gotta love tools!

I used those new tools at lunch today.

I took the old nasty carpet out, you know what? The floor is rusty, who’d a thought?Name:  24E3F8FA-D946-480B-97F2-0F5FE1643F95.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  108.5 KBName:  EF3F5F2F-360B-49DC-9C92-7831B58BDDD6.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  139.8 KB

I also pulled the front bumper off and was rewarded with a wonderful surprise, I’ll need a new radiator support. It’s been hit low and it’s been hit high.Name:  F5E33000-5E88-4F3E-84E6-1D68BA3EEDA2.jpg
Size:  127.1 KBName:  CB7A7954-B74B-4109-98CD-D8D767B33C56.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  135.0 KB

Anyone known if someone is making the inner support panels? I couldn’t find any. Oh well, when i take out the old support I’ll seperate them from the front panel and beat them straight and weld up the tears.

It’s a good thing I already have a good header panel, this poor bastard has been patched a few times.Name:  image.jpg
Size:  106.1 KB

I’m going to go buy a cheap set of wheel dollies so I can slide the car around a bit to make it easier to work on. I’ve got kind of a tight fit between the walls of my storage unit.

Dave I got lost in your thread and had to go back to the beginning. I can't believe you have been restoring parts of a car that was still in the junk yard. If I had done that, I would have ended up with a bunch of shiny parts to a car that got crushed 3 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd chance cobra View Post
    Dave I got lost in your thread and had to go back to the beginning. I can't believe you have been restoring parts of a car that was still in the junk yard. If I had done that, I would have ended up with a bunch of shiny parts to a car that got crushed 3 months ago.
    Lol, the scary part is that i just still might be doing that!

I plucked the right fender, door, rear bumper and deck lid off this evening after work.Name:  IMG_3471.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  113.0 KBName:  IMG_3476.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  102.7 KBParts off to the metal bin at work or the dumpster.Name:  IMG_3479.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  115.6 KB
    Tomorrow I'll be going to the yard to start the removal of the sc engine.

Saturday I'll pull the glass on Scuby and start emptying the engine bay.

Saturday I'll pull the glass on Scuby and start emptying the Scooby Sacks.

Fixed it for ya....I need you cool. Are you cool? I am cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1u5Yir0E5Y

Look what I got for nothing today!Name:  IMG_3501.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  172.6 KB

I picked a bit off the supercoupe, I'm just too tired to get a picture of what I got. I'm going back to the yard tomorrow to hopefully finish plucking all of the secondary stuff off so I can get the engine. I'll post pictures of my yard ornaments tomorrow.

Excellent! Should be no problem for you.

Mike

Awesome - great progress!

Default More Yard Ornaments

So I got back out to the yard today. I discovered the joy of removing the lower intercooler plumbing.

I got quite a bit off the sc engine.

I was going to work on taking the old engine out of the mustang, then I figured I had warm clear weather, which should I do today? It's supposed to cool off this week and be rainy, taking an engine out from a muddy yard in the cold sounded less appealing to me.

Anyhow, had I brought my quick disconnects with me for the A/C lines, I might have been finished to the point of pulling the engine next.

Back to the topic at hand. Everything was coming off as expected, that is until I got to the lower IC plumbing. Unlike the upper ic pipe, the bottom isn't just bolted down at the sc and intercooler. It also has an extra capscrew that is bolted to the block and one to the power steering/alternator bracket. They were all easy peasy except for that one connected to the block.

The power steering pump had to be moved to access it. If I could come up from underneath, I possibly could have got to it, but the T-bird has sunk down into the soil over the years it sat there. There is no way to get to a couple of the bracket bolts without taking the pulley off. That was the part that wore me out today. That pulley really wanted to stay on the pump, but like Wimpy to hamburgers, I would not be denied.
    Name:  IMG_3510.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  138.4 KB
    Amywho....I pulled what I could. Radiator, fan, intercooler, airbox, MAF, overflow tank, washer tank, edis6, alternator, ps pump and bracket, upper and lower sc plumbing. I can actually see valve covers now! Though it's pretty disgusting. No doubt this engine will enjoy a bath with a couple cans of Gunk at the car wash before it gets to my garage.Name:  IMG_3515.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  139.9 KB

Ive got my little area of the garage set up. Putting the parts on the shelf makes me feel like I didn't do much I want to have the engine home within about a week.Name:  IMG_3526.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  105.1 KBName:  IMG_3523.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  121.5 KB

Saw these wheels on an aero coupe in the yard. Are they collectible?Name:  IMG_3521.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  168.0 KB

Saw these wheels on an aero coupe in the yard. Are they collectible?Name:  IMG_3521.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  168.0 KB
    Mesh wheels are always in fashion and someone always wants a set. Best wheel ever.....but I'm a bit partial.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Yes those are worth grabbing! Are they 15" or 16"? I am looking for a set for my 85 Saleen.

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Yes those are worth grabbing! Are they 15" or 16"? I am looking for a set for my 85 Saleen.
    I'm not sure, let me check next time I go to the yard.

Today I worked on the mustang. I tried to focus on stripping the engine bay.

One little problem today though. God gave me diarrhea! Yay for me! To make it more pleasant it was hot, humid and I had no wind beyond what I was breaking.

So I ended up making four trips back home after about 30-45 minutes work each time, the fourth time I called it quits.

So here's what i did today.Name:  IMG_3541.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  150.0 KBName:  IMG_3540.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  139.8 KB

It will cool down this week finally, with a little rain too. I want to get to the yard and pull the a/c and the supercharger. We'll see how the weather works out for that.

If nothing else, by next weekend I want the old drivetrain out of the mustang.

That's hilarious dave... for me not you. Totally been there before, and had the photo finish

Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast