Close

Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

If there are 96 and you have any plans in the future to go to an aftermarket K-member it might call for 96 so if you see this grab them too.

watch yourself - those coil springs are dangerous! Once you put a jack on the A arm to relieve the pressure on the strut bolts and pull them you're committed for sure. At least run a chain through the spring and a arm and connect it to itself. Or preferably use a coil compressor...

Default Yard Work

I paid for the sc engine today! Woohoo!
    Name:  IMG_3410.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  143.5 KB
    This is the t-bird it will come out of. The seats in it are in spectacular condition. I didn't get a picture of them though, next time. Maybe sc seats in a 4i mustang?
    Name:  IMG_3413.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  244.1 KB
    I also put my ten holes on my mustang today. Why do that you ask? Because this saturday at roughly 10:00 AM I will be pulling it out of the yard finally!!! See, all it take for ten holes to look decent is a really ratted out mustang.
    Name:  IMG_3406.jpg
Size:  180.9 KBName:  IMG_3408.jpg
Size:  203.1 KB
    The front wheels didn't want to spin when I got them up in the air. The brake pads had fused to the rotors. Nothing a pry bar couldn't take care of. So I popped the calipers off and removed the pads, then put the calipers back on. The wheels spin real nice now.
    Name:  IMG_3405.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  171.6 KB
    Since the car will be sitting in the storage unit a mile and a half from my house I will be doing lots of odds and ends to it while I rebuild the sc engine. Remove the drivetrain, fixing little things here and there until I get it to the house to replace the floor pan and finish up the body.

I like the real 21st century Fox.

Hal yeah!

Welcome to the 21st Century, Dave.

You can open the pod doors,
    go through the air lock without a helmet,

you can do FREEKY sh!+ with a 3.8 SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    I paid for the sc engine today! Woohoo!
    Name:  IMG_3410.jpg
Size:  143.5 KB
    This is the t-bird it will come out of. The seats in it are in spectacular condition. I didn't get a picture of them though, next time. Maybe sc seats in a 4i mustang?
    Sweet! I will be down there soon to pick that motor up from ya. You sure are a good guy for doing the grunt labor for me!

Seriously though, that should make a fun project and hopefully when you open it up, there are no surprises lurking internally.

As for the SC seats, you should strongly consider them if they are in awesome shape and he's willing to sell them cheap. It takes a little work to make them fit a fox track but they are OH SO COMFORTABLE. If you don't want them and they are cheap, I would be more than willing to take them off your hands for my Ranger. I would make it worthwhile for ya.....as long as it has nothing to do with floor pan replacement.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Put the SC seats in a 4 eye. I have a SC steering wheel in mine! It was a direct swap! Cruise works and it's a direct swap on mine. I think at some point the wheels and the Fox columns go from splines to d shaped and vice versa....I don't remember now. There's a thread someone on here about it though...that's where I got the idea. I love the SC wheel. It's a million miles better than the stock one on my 85 and like I said it kept the cruise working!
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

When I'm at the yard in the morning I'll ask him how much he wants for the seats.

I'm a little torn about them. I think they look really cool, but I put a butt load of work into the originals.....hum.....

I got to keep the original steering wheel, I put way too much effort into the center medallion to change that now.

Ah hell Drew.....now you got me thinking about that steering wheel.....

Damn...I forgot about that emblem. Maybe a man with a certain set of skills acquired in a lifetime of hardwork could make that fit the SC wheel. The thread on here where I found out about the SC wheel, the original poster was able to remove the SC emblem and put a Mustang emblem on it.

Like MadMike says....listen to the little red guy on you shoulder!!! (Actually I think he says the red guy talks a lot but he doesn't listen much)
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

I'm going to rename my car (I need this for some reason). Instead of Roby, it will now be Scuby (like Scooby-doo).
    Super
    Charged
    Ugly
    Bastard
    Y to make it sound right, otherwise it's just scub, no excitement there.

Default Scuby Is Out of the Yard!

No Scuby there now!Name:  IMG_3426.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  232.2 KB

On the trailer.
    Name:  IMG_3418.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  200.3 KB
    At the car wash.
    Name:  IMG_3430.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  111.5 KB
    In the sun.
    Name:  IMG_3436.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  122.1 KB
    In it's new, dry home. WOOHOO!!!
    Name:  IMG_3440.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  136.9 KB

Lookin good.
    Cars slowly go away parked outside on 'bare' ground.
    The car wash stop was a great idea.
    Can see what you really have and wash off what you don't want there.
    Rather than at home.
    Great you can save a sc engine. Hate to see good stuff go to waste.

BTW, remember me mentioning those sc seats? Here they areName:  IMG_3423.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  117.6 KBName:  IMG_3424.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  108.0 KB

The yard owner will sell them to me, he hasn't said a price yet, but he's such a nice guy, he'll be fair.

What's y'all's thoughts on this one?

I know I did all that work on the original seats, but I could mount them together against the wall for whenever y'all make a pilgrimage to Oklahoma.

I don't believe I can use this steering wheel. Mine is a spline attachment.Name:  IMG_3425.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  64.0 KB

I considered that steering wheel, but the reason I didn't go with it was because it sits farther back than a Mustang steering wheel. It messes with your ergonomics. I had mine dialed in just how i like them too, so no dice on the SC wheel.

How did you keep people from taking stuff off your car while it was still in the yard?
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Super
    Charged
    Really
    Ugly
    Bastard
    ?

congratulations on getting her cleaned up and into storage!

I am looking forward to getting my 90-5.0 off the stand and in my 85, that's for sure. I'm sure you feel the same about your supercharged 3.8!

those seats are nice. Even if you don't use them bolt them to a few boards and make some nice garage seating!
    Last edited by erratic50; 09-16-2017 at 07:14 PM.

By the time you are done I doubt the car will be ugly. Supercharged? yes. Ugly? No.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

Wow!!!
    It took me some time but I finally got to the final page.
    Congrats truly inspiring.
    1984 Mustang LX
    302, Holley 4bbl 600 vac sec
    B&M C4 R servo
    Shorty Headers
    MSD Box and Coil
    Scorpion Roller Rockers 1.6
    Crower Cam 472 112 seperation
    Chetah Shifter
    Performer RPM Intake
    Carter Electronic Fuel Pump
    Accel Eletronic Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    I considered that steering wheel, but the reason I didn't go with it was because it sits farther back than a Mustang steering wheel. It messes with your ergonomics. I had mine dialed in just how i like them too, so no dice on the SC wheel.

How did you keep people from taking stuff off your car while it was still in the yard?
    It's not an active yard. The owner is a fireman. His father owned it and left it to him. I ran into him through a large series of phone calls trying to find parts for another car.

Very few people know of it's existence outside of the salvage people.

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy60 View Post
    Wow!!!
    It took me some time but I finally got to the final page.
    Congrats truly inspiring.
    Thanks man, that's nice of you to say.

I've learned to think of this car as my hobby that I really enjoy working on.

There was a moronic thought way back of it's rarity, then I realized it was a V6 fox that was (and still is to an extent) ratted out.

I kind of like some of the "odd things" I'm doing with this car. I don't know why, but sticking with Ford parts makes it ok to me. The "Supercoupe" description fits in my mind of course because the mustang is a coupe too.

This next few weeks ought to be pretty exciting for me, I'll be doing lots of stuff either with the car itself (stripping it completely to it's shell) or gettting the sc engine home and it's tear down. Oh yeah, possibly the sc seats as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang-junky View Post
    By the time you are done I doubt the car will be ugly. Supercharged? yes. Ugly? No.

Jess
    Thanks Jess. Ugly now, pretty butterfly later

I love this little car of yours, and everywhere it's headed. Almost everything FOX I have owned and loved had 10 holes on it... I disturbingly love the crazy phone dial rims, lol...

No 10 holes on my '80 Turbo RS with transplanted '72 302/FMX, lol

Kelly Springfield Charger 275 rear and 245 front tires on the '83 Cougar...

... and 235/60 Cooper Cobras on the Mustang I drive daily today...
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Cooper puts out a great product! And for those of us in the US, it is a made in the USA product.

Glidethunder's 86 ragtop has 235/60/15 on 10 holes. The ol 5.0 is turned up and running my old aggressive as hell VM1 ECU. They bite really well and stay hooked up the majority of the time.

This compared to the Goodyear (I think) tires on his welds that would blow instantly off at 25 mph when you stand on it.
    Last edited by erratic50; 09-16-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Build what Ford wouldn't.... a four eyed fox with a V6 and a 5-speed! The supercharger - that's just gravy!

Later on they realized V6 5 speed was a great combo, but not until the first one was released in 94!

I actually found the SC wheel helped my ergonomics. I felt like the pedals, steering wheel and shifter on my 85 were made for someone with either a small torso and long arms and long legs or someone with very long arms and short legs. The SC wheel sticks farther out. The biggest complaint I had was I had to take my left hand off the wheel to get the turn signal. That was a minor annoyance, until I found out the turn signal stalk from an 80's Tempo (I believe) is bent torwards the wheel vs the fox just stuck straight out. Something like $15 later on Ebay I had a new turn signal stalk and it's a perfect flick now with a finger while the hand is still on the wheel. I think you can swap the upper shaft for a spline vs d shaft, but I am not sure. About the only thing that was different was the wheel is clocked differently. I had to realign my car to get the wheel straight again. It was about off about 1 oclock from being straight. I think I have some pics.

Concerning the steering wheel, I'm pretty much in love with the one that was in the car originally.Name:  IMG_2417.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  105.6 KB
    The sc wheel is kind of neat though, I'll at least check how it mounts up. The discussion may be moot.

I don't think the whole center of the sc wheel looks right with the more squareish looking fox interior. IMHO

Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast