Close

Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Definitely start a thread for the 86

Glad you stepped up with the V8 for the blue car. No sense in doing the same work twice.

I have used the Trick Flow stage one cam in a couple cars with good results. Another cheap option is a factory 5.0 cam and a set of 1.7 roller rockers. Decent power with good drivability. A custom cam could get the best of both for more cash of course.

Jess
    Previously owned;
    1979 Mustang, v6 swapped to EFI 393, custom installed m122 blower, 4r70w trans, Megasquirt II, T-top swaped in.
    1990 Mustang, 545 BBF, C-4 with brake, ladder bars.
    1983 Mustang, 1984 SVO Mustang
    1984 Mustang convertible, v6 swapped to 351
    1986 Mustang GT, 1989 Mustang GT convertible
    1992 Mustang coupe, 4 swapped to 302

Kind of what I was thinking Jess. When I yank out the V6 I might smooth the engine bay. I used Scott Rod panels in the red car. Really like that look.

I was thinking about the stage I cam, though a might go custom. A custom cam is only about $400-$450 I think.

Glad to hear you are going to go ahead and stick the 8 in her now. Like I said previously, that is what is going to take this car over the top in the fun factor.

You have done some seriously tedious work on that emblem but it came out great! My hands are probably way to shaky for that kind of detail.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Default Side Marker Lamps

Another small thing.

My side marker lamps are in good condition, just dirty and faded to more of a yellow look than orange.

I slowly removed the lense from the backing plate, there's lots of glue holding those pieces together. The color has really faded over the years.
    After I gave the lenses a good scrubbing I mixed up a little orange and sprayed a quick single coat on the rear of the lense and then clearcoated it.Name:  IMG_2999.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  135.8 KBName:  IMG_2997.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  85.9 KB
    I then sanded the front with 400 grit with my DA and clearcoated it. Here's a before and after photo, I really like how they came out.Name:  IMG_2993.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  108.2 KBName:  IMG_3001.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  57.8 KBI also sprayed the backing plate with the silver I used on the taillights.

Ill reassemble them today and post a picture later to show how they look. I'll try to hook up the light in it to see how it looks.

Got them put together and hooked up one of the lights to my jumper box and TAH! DAH!Name:  IMG_3003.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  86.9 KB

Those look amazing Dave! You are going to have some serious man hours in this ride once she's done.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Thanks Brock, luckily a lot of the knowledge I gain on this one transfers to the other.

As you know, I've been messing with my red car lately.

Tomorrow night I will go get the driver's door and strip it down, blast it and make it purty.

I have to go out to the other side of town to paint a side job to make a little extra money monday night as well (who knew it would cost so much to rebuild a fox).

I'll post some pictures on Tuesday of the newest stuff to work on.

Im coming to what will seem like a stopping point for a while as I buy up all the stuff I'll need to work on the blue car. I need the floor pan, front seat cross member, some MM subframe connectors, a set of Scott Rod engine bay panels and some fresh stainless line for the brakes and fuel lines. Not to mention all,of those freakishly expensive AN connectors....

So, new pictures Tuesday.

When you get this build done admin can probably just delete the rest of the site. Anything that will need to be known will be here. No sense in clogging up a site with a bunch of other less documented builds.

LMBO! I hope this doesn't seem overwhelming at times. I just want to help that guy out someday that has that question about the "silly little whatever" as it comes along. I searched for everything I've done before I do it.

I got the driver's door today. I'll begin the disassembly tomorrow and will begin the repairs afterwards.Name:  IMG_3022.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  194.4 KBName:  IMG_3023.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  103.1 KB

FEP Super Member

You should have gotten both , looks that you had room ....
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Quote Originally Posted by ashley roachclip View Post
    You should have gotten both , looks that you had room ....
    I did have the room, but i already got a replacement door for the passenger side and have it painted.

This is the last take off panel that isn't done.

Just read this whole thread. Great attention to detail. Love the t-top cars, especially the coupe. You color choice is spot on, here's an 86 I restored a few years ago :
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

A couple more..
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

Then a guy from Houston drove all the way up to KY, bought it at 2am, took it home and painted it white, and put a built Coyote and T6 turbo on it.. Runs 7s in the 1/4... LOL..
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

Nice car brother.

I thought '84 was the last year for t-top coupes. Pretty cool.

What color blue was that?

Kona blue of course.. A lot more 'purple' in the sun light..

This didn't have the t-roof buck tag, but I'd guess it was done by C&C at the dealer, it certainly looked as 'factory' as they get.
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Ourobos View Post
    Kona blue of course.. A lot more 'purple' in the sun light..

This didn't have the t-roof buck tag, but I'd guess it was done by C&C at the dealer, it certainly looked as 'factory' as they get.
    I think it looks great. Nice car

Two whole days and the only update is a picture of a door-less coupe and said door in the bed of your truck!

Before you know it your thread will be like mine withering away due to lack of time, progress, and photos!

Just giving you a hard time! Good Luck with the door!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Two whole days and the only update is a picture of a door-less coupe and said door in the bed of your truck!

Before you know it your thread will be like mine withering away due to lack of time, progress, and photos!

Just giving you a hard time! Good Luck with the door!
    Work is going through a busy spurt right now and I've been doing a side job at night. Fact is, I picked it up on my way to paint an F250 last night. I wish I could make money at working on my car!

I know you're joking Trey, if it'll help, I did remove the hinge pins from the door and ground out the seam sealer. The door is in great condition, no rot.

The outside is really straight, but does have quite a few dings. Dings are easy, of course there are the traditional fox waves in the bottom of the door.
    Name:  IMG_3024.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  79.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Davedacarpainter View Post
    Work is going through a busy spurt right now and I've been doing a side job at night. Fact is, I picked it up on my way to paint an F250 last night. I wish I could make money at working on my car!

I know you're joking Trey, if it'll help, I did remove the hinge pins from the door and ground out the seam sealer.
    I completely understand! Glad to hear that work is busy as that helps pay the bills. My work is stagnant again, so it looks like I will most likely start on a couple of repaint/restoration jobs for some friends. So I will be in the same predicament as you, working on others to pay the bills and not having enough time to work on my own. Hope everything works out for you and just keep chipping away at it when you can, that is my plan!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    I completely understand! Glad to hear that work is busy as that helps pay the bills. My work is stagnant again, so it looks like I will most likely start on a couple of repaint/restoration jobs for some friends. So I will be in the same predicament as you, working on others to pay the bills and not having enough time to work on my own. Hope everything works out for you and just keep chipping away at it when you can, that is my plan!
    Thanks brother, it'll work out, seems that it always does. I need to spend a quick couple K on the blue car, gots to work whiles there's work!

Default What I'll do for Money

Alright y'all. Both of my cars, my wife, the IRS and others are wanting me to make more money.

Here's what has come my way. A 1962 Chevy Impala SS with a 409.Name:  IMG_0655.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  102.0 KBName:  IMG_0656.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  89.3 KB

The owner wants me to paint it for him.

Sounds simple, right?

Anyone want to see a paint progress thread (albeit on a Chevy)?

I will be stripping this car to it's metal. This includes jambs and yada, yada....

I don't have to do the body work (Blessed Jesus, thank You)). I just have to strip the car down, have a bodyman do his work, primer it, block a couple times, reprimer it, block it a couple more times, paint, block it one more time and clear it a final time.

Would anyone be interested in a separate thread of this work in the Bodyshop subforum?

Sure, it's a chevy (but a very cool chevy nonetheless, there are only about thirty of these left). The thing is, you could copy this as what you should consider if you decide to go absolutely nuts on your build. I haven't done these things even with mine!

I've agreed on on price of $4k for this job simply because it's a gateway paint job. It'll help me into the lifestyles of the rich and sort of famous, not for me, but for my cars! My red car needs a bored and stroked 351 AND a transmission!. Both of my cars have needs. I can't provide without a side income. Here it is.

Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast